Author Topic: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?  (Read 2601456 times)

Offline mull

• Management board member
Re: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?
« Reply #8490 on: July 18, 2021, 11:05:39 am »
Be carefull using  What 3 words , I would stick with OS Grid references . Not very good if you are dyslexic.

Oban MRT along with other Scottish teams have been given W3W for call outs to locations in Java, Canada and mid Pacific Ocean.

Offline Dave

« Reply #8491 on: July 19, 2021, 04:27:46 pm »
The Cable Car hasn't been running for several days now it seems. I hope all is well there, I suspect they might have been pinged which considering the numbers the operators come in to contact with wouldn't be a surprise. It's a shame they are missing out on the current heat wave and visitor numbers.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #8492 on: July 20, 2021, 09:22:19 am »
The Cable Car hasn't been running for several days now it seems. I hope all is well there, I suspect they might have been pinged which considering the numbers the operators come in to contact with wouldn't be a surprise. It's a shame they are missing out on the current heat wave and visitor numbers.

I was told by an ex employee that they are short staffed.  An affliction that is severely hampering many businesses at the moment.
But I offered to work on the cable cars, I love those things!
I was advised to contact the owner, but he has no functioning website or Facebook page so I gave up.

I also suspect that the problem with the cable cars may run a little deeper than just staffing.

Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #8493 on: July 24, 2021, 09:41:49 am »
Mrs H and I commented on the number of times the street cleaning machine was seen around Westshore last week, up to three times a day ! ! 

LLANDUDNO has been visited by RHS Wales in Bloom judges as the town goes for gold for the sixth time in a row.

Llandudno in Bloom showcased its impressive flower displays from the Great Orme to West Shore and spoke to judges about ongoing community and environmental work during their visit to the town on Thursday.

The group has entered the coastal over 12,000 population category and has won a gold award every year since 2015. The competition could not take place last year due to coronavirus restrictions.

Judges John Woods and Sue-Marie Roberts were taken on a tour of the town to see the group’s work. This included the Great Orme, St Tudno’s Church, Happy Valley, West Shore, Haulfre Gardens, The Pier, The Promenade, Queen’s Park and Blind Veterans UK.

https://www.northwalespioneer.co.uk/news/19464929.llandudno-bloom-aims-sixth-gold-row-judges-visit-displays/

Offline Hugo

« Reply #8494 on: July 25, 2021, 03:37:13 pm »
LIVE: Traffic 'chaos' reported as crash involving car and motorbike shuts Llandudno road
Witnesses say drivers are having to turn around due to the closure of Colwyn Road

https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/live-traffic-chaos-reported-incident-21140591

Offline Hugo

« Reply #8495 on: August 05, 2021, 10:34:51 am »
Llandudno was heaving yesterday and parking was a nightmare.    All I wanted was some food from M & S and I was lucky to find a parking space in Mostyn Street after driving around town about three times
It was good to see the cafes and shops so busy but we went down to the West Shore to find a spot where we could eat our sandwiches.  On the way down to the shore we passed the Gloddaeth Avenue car park and there wasn't one space left, neither were there any spaces on the West Shore promenade so we ended up going home and enjoying them in the peace and quiet of our garden

Unless I have to go there for something, I'll wait until things have quietened down before going there again

Offline Hugo

« Reply #8496 on: August 07, 2021, 11:02:45 am »
Apologies if this has been posted before but my walking buddy Tellytubby went to St John's Church in Llandudno on Thursday and was very impressed by the Lego display there
I've attached some of the photos he took while he was there.     It sounds like a great attraction for young and old alike       $good$

https://www.northwalespioneer.co.uk/news/19491500.llandudno-church-caretakers-lego-display-open-saturday/

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #8497 on: August 07, 2021, 11:11:39 am »
Some of those models cost a great deal; the Star Wars Destroyer, for example is currently being sold for £650 while the Colosseum is around £400. At the start of lockdown we both got into Lego again, having loved it when the kids were young.

The current models are absolutely fascinating and the attention  to detail is jaw dropping.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Blongb

• I love living in Llandudno.
« Reply #8498 on: August 07, 2021, 11:57:44 am »
Did you know LEGO is the world's biggest manufacturer of car tyre's, one for your next Pub Quiz.  $good$
Quot homines tot sententiae: suus cuique mos.
(There are as many opinions as there are people: each has his own view.)

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #8499 on: August 07, 2021, 03:51:33 pm »
I was Lego mad as a kid, and I had bucket loads.
I only got rid of it all once my own daughter had tired of it, when I was in my early 40s.
But... I’m not that keen on the modern sets, all purpose built to make perfect colosseums or Star Wars space vehicles.

You see in my day, we had to rely on our imagination.
I made endless houses, star ship Enterprises, tanks, London buses etc....and I’m sure they looked nothing like them really, but they did to me, and that’s all that was important.
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #8500 on: August 07, 2021, 07:13:01 pm »
Well stated, Fester.  &well&

Offline SteveH

Re: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?.......Luxury cruise ship
« Reply #8501 on: August 11, 2021, 03:54:44 pm »
Luxury cruise ship passengers docked off Llandudno reach shore by inflatables for trip to top tourist site
Its understood the ships passengers from the Hebridean Sky are headed to Bodnant Gardens

Dozens of (BRAVE) tourists from a luxury cruise ship have arrived in North Wales.

The passengers disembarked the multi-million-pound vessel off the coast of Llandudno earlier today and were ferried to shore via inflatable boats.

It is understood that the tourists were headed to Bodnant Gardens, one of North Wales' top tourist attractions, for the day.

video/cont  https://www.dailypost.co.uk/whats-on/trips-breaks/luxury-cruise-ship-passengers-docked-21282848

Offline Hugo

« Reply #8502 on: August 11, 2021, 10:30:14 pm »
Motorhomes have been taking over a seaside street in Llandudno - and people are not happy
Conwy Council have now taken action after seeing an increase in caravans and motorhomes stopping overnight at various seaside parking zones since the ned of lockdown

https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/motorhomes-been-taking-over-seaside-21288902

Offline SteveH

« Reply #8503 on: August 12, 2021, 10:23:03 am »
I was quite surprised by the age's of the passengers being ferried in those dinghies, made me feel quite unadventurous, their was even some FB speculation that some passengers were sliding down ropes from Chinook helicopters, after their day out..........not so, just coincidence two passing aircraft heading for Valley.

Offline mull

« Reply #8504 on: August 12, 2021, 01:06:03 pm »
Wonder why she anchored off?  Hebridean Sky is no bigger than the Isle of Mann boats that used to berth at the pier.