Author Topic: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?  (Read 2613102 times)

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
Re: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?
« Reply #8070 on: December 03, 2018, 11:44:32 am »
I hope that there were no injuries in that pile up Dave but in times like that a dash cam can be invaluable

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #8071 on: December 03, 2018, 04:30:32 pm »
That's why it concerns me when people refer to 'trivial offences'. They may well be trivial in the minds of some, but one major error and they cease being trivial.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Dave

« Reply #8072 on: December 03, 2018, 08:06:01 pm »
From what DaveR has described there were three major errors. If you run in to the back of someone there is only one person at fault.

Offline DVT

« Reply #8073 on: December 03, 2018, 08:28:27 pm »
... as said by Dave - fault would be with the drivers who ran into the back of the car ahead.
... too fast, probably within the speed limit
... too close, probably
... not being fully attentive - yes
... dash cam would be of little use in the first car other that would notice a jolt, would be incriminating for any of the three cars - only possible case of dash cam being useful would be a rear-facing one in the first car, or perhaps the next two as well.

... I have been in Liverpool today and had many instances where traffic lights turned to amber as I approached but with plenty of time for me to stop without braking sharply, yet I saw many cars go through (it was two lanes) on amber and sometimes on red - my dash cam would probably show them up ... what would you do?  There were no accidents or near-misses.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #8074 on: December 04, 2018, 08:51:59 am »

. I have been in Liverpool today and had many instances where traffic lights turned to amber as I approached but with plenty of time for me to stop without braking sharply, yet I saw many cars go through (it was two lanes) on amber and sometimes on red - my dash cam would probably show them up ... what would you do?  There were no accidents or near-misses.

Sadly DVT that is a sign of the times and it happens everywhere, not just in big towns or cities.   As individuals there is little we can do to curb this type of driving and as there were no accidents or near misses then the drivers should consider themselves lucky.  In Colwyn Bay we have a daily problem of idiots coming down St Andrews Road and going straight over the give way sign before turning left to go down King's Drive.    They don't look right down Pen Y Bryn Road which has the right of way and near misses occur daily there.    I just wish that I had a dash cam when an uninsured driver did that and wrote off one of my cars

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #8075 on: December 09, 2018, 02:50:59 pm »
SANTA Claus certainly did come to Town yesterday, hundreds of them in fact, as runners turned up to take part in Llandudno's 5K Santa Dash.

People of all ages put on their best red suits and hats and long white beards to line-up at the starting point on the Promenade for 11am.

Runners came from all over to take part in the race. St. David's Hospice had around 48 people participate in order to raise money for a good cause.

Those involved walked, jogged and/or ran their way through the 5km route which took them along the beautiful sea front of Llandudno North Shore. Everyone who completed the race received a medal.    ref Pioneer

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #8076 on: December 12, 2018, 11:34:38 am »
LLANDUDNO will receive a dusting of snowmen collecting for local charities in the run up to Christmas.

The snowmen will actually be cunningly disguised members of the town’s Rotary Club, who will be collecting for St David’s and Ty Gobaith hospices. They will be trudging the streets between Wednesday December 19 and Saturday December 22.

Rotarian Chris Drew said: “We have a rota of 20 volunteers prepared to don snowmen outfits. Every year we are amazed at, and gratified by, the kindness of visitors and residents alike in supporting this worthwhile venture. Last Christmas we raised £1,500 and want to do better this year.”   ref Pioneer

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #8077 on: December 20, 2018, 08:45:18 am »
I was amazed to read in the Daily Post that Mostyn Estates apparently believes that the taxpayer should foot the bill for replacing the pavements along Mostyn Street on the areas of the pavement that they own.

My question...are they hard up or just greedy?

https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/pavements-half-fixed-after-firms-15570058

Offline Meleri

• Genealogy & Research team
« Reply #8078 on: December 20, 2018, 02:49:20 pm »
They are downright greedy, Dave  >:(
Does anyone know what's going on at the golf links between Deganwy & Llandudno they have diggers in and huge mounds of earth?

Offline Hugo

« Reply #8079 on: December 20, 2018, 03:08:26 pm »
I didn't notice them Meleri when I drove past a short while ago but they have something similar in the fields opposite Llandrillo yn Rhos College and I was wondering what was happening there.

As for Mostyn Estates, don't get me going on that bunch.    Mr Hiller has made a number of promises of money to the town and I'm still waiting to see anything come from the promises.
It wouldn't surprise me if Mostyn Estates tried again in the near future to get development on the Bodafon Fields.  I don't think that they have given up on that idea somehow.

Offline Quiggs

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #8080 on: December 20, 2018, 04:04:49 pm »
I believe they are laying a water mains, Maesdu Golf Club have been paid a large  sum for the inconvenience  :)
Dictum Meum Pactum

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #8081 on: December 20, 2018, 04:43:19 pm »
Its a good excuse for CCBC to hold the project up.

Offline Cambrian

« Reply #8082 on: December 20, 2018, 05:07:25 pm »
Meleri, the works at Maesdu are a scheme to control land drainage and surface water entering the public sewerage system.  It was subject to a planning application 0/44208 if anyone wants the full details.

Offline Meleri

« Reply #8083 on: December 21, 2018, 01:21:35 pm »
Thanks for putting me in the picture regarding the work going on Cambrian & Quiggs. Hugo from what I have heard it's only a matter of time with Bodafon Fields, nothing is safe from speculative development anymore, Greenbelt will be non-existent in the not so distant future  :'(

Offline Hugo

« Reply #8084 on: December 21, 2018, 04:57:18 pm »
Meleri,   I heard it from a reliable source a few years ago and I believe that it won't be too long before it rears its ugly head once again