Author Topic: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?  (Read 2656997 times)

Offline mondie

• Ad Free Member
Re: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?
« Reply #7515 on: May 30, 2017, 05:26:15 pm »
Two bizarre occurrences I witnessed over the weekend....

First was Saturday lunchtime by Bog Island. We heard shouting and saw a large man, probably early 50s, riding a mobility scooter down Mostyn Street. He was riding it on the road itself, whilst shouting abuse at any car that went past him. He then rode off in the direction of Trinity Ave, still swearing loudly to himself. This was witnessed by a large group of people.

Secondly, we were walking though town on Sunday evening.  A lad of about 16/17, yellow coat, with headphones on, riding a mountain bike with very chunky tyres, came up behind us on the pavement then swerved into the road, then shot back onto the pavement in front of us, whilst shouting abuse about 'stupid people walking along the pavement'. One wonders where he expects people to walk? Sadly, he didn't stop so I could discuss the matter with him...

Anyway, my point is that this sort of low-level anti-social behaviour needs to be stamped out, as it presents a very negative image of the town to visitors.  &shake&

I have spent a good part my spare time over the past four weeks wandering around Llandudno and really getting a feel for the place. Sadly, muppetry like this seems common enough, most days I would see at least one person or group being generally abusive or intimidating, but low-level stuff similar to your examples It is disappointing to see. However, you do see police around regularly so it would seem they are active on the local beat.

Offline systema

« Reply #7516 on: June 01, 2017, 08:24:21 pm »
You want to go to other towns in the UK - muppetry is not a word I would use for them more like intimidating, thuggery, drug dealing and all round frightening.  We did a couple of months of looking at places before we decided on Llandudno as our home for the future as it was everything we wanted and after 3 years has lived up to it.

Offline mondie

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #7517 on: June 02, 2017, 04:35:20 pm »
I don't doubt that systema. Whats it going to be like in another decade  >>>

Offline Dave

« Reply #7518 on: June 05, 2017, 01:02:45 pm »
Someone was flying a drone from the Prom on Sunday. Breaking the law from what I can see reading the rules on their use. It's something that needs to be stamped out sooner rather than later. Drones have a scientific use and in commercial use like upland farming  but for leisure they are a pain in the backside. Jet Skis are already disturbing the peace of many for the pleasure of a handful and now we have pesky wasp like devices buzzing around us.

Offline Moelycrio

« Reply #7519 on: June 06, 2017, 09:22:46 pm »
People playing with drones would be very far down my list of anti social behaviour that needs sorting.
They normally end up losing them on a gust of wind anyway.

Offline Bosun

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #7520 on: June 06, 2017, 09:46:02 pm »
People playing with drones would be very far down my list of anti social behaviour that needs sorting.
They normally end up losing them on a gust of wind anyway.

When they come and hover and circle around your house and garden for several minutes, knowing that they are only there to film, its incredibly intrusive, voyeuristic and unsettling. And there's nothing that you can do about it. What are they filming for, what can they see? I can assure you, its highly anti-social and extremely disturbing.
Being negative only makes a difficult journey more difficult. You may have been given a cactus, but you don't have to sit on it.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #7521 on: June 06, 2017, 11:44:17 pm »
I think you should ban them from your airspace Bosun!
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #7522 on: June 07, 2017, 07:24:23 am »
You need one of these for Christmas:

https://www.stone-spear.com/
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Bosun

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #7523 on: June 07, 2017, 09:44:45 am »
To cut a long story short, not so long ago I had a drone flying around the house, appearing from the east and departing north west. It was in the general area for several minutes, and knowing that they are commonly used by burglars to survey properties. I was quite perturbed by the incident. Then a few days later, another appeared. There is no way of finding where they are launched from, or where they land, or who is using them. A few days later, another appeared, a slightly different shape. I contacted the CCA and they confirmed that under the circumstances I described, they were being flown illegally. But, without being able to trace the user, nothing can be done. The Police noted the incident, but, once again, there's little that they can do.

But believe me, I've considered everything, from a shotgun with No 4 shot to getting a drone myself and ramming them in the air destabilising their gyro system.

Don't tell me that they are not anti-social.

Unless you are prepared to let anyone - including criminals - wander around your house and property at anytime, for any reason, peering through your windows filming you without your consent.                     

Being negative only makes a difficult journey more difficult. You may have been given a cactus, but you don't have to sit on it.

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #7524 on: June 07, 2017, 11:32:07 am »
Just read that Adam Henson will be visiting the Great Orme Farm during the Countryfile programme next Sunday.
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #7525 on: June 07, 2017, 12:15:16 pm »
Thanks Nemesis, that should be interesting to watch.     $good$

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #7526 on: June 12, 2017, 11:11:14 am »
There's a rumour about a petition to get rid of K.S. and get our own council litter warden/s, I am going to mention it to my local councilor,.... K.S. are doing more harm than good.

Illegally parked Kingdom warden dishes out £100 fine to pensioner for having dog off lead.

Josie Appleton from civil liberties pressure group, the Manifesto Club, who was involved with a recent Panorama investigation into Kingdom’s practices, said: “Whenever punishment becomes a business, injustices will result.

“Wales has one of the highest bonus systems for private wardens in the country, and as a result one of the highest levels of people who have been fined for things they did not do.
“These parasitic and aggressive practices are bringing public authorities and criminal justice into disrepute.”

http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/ilegally-parked-kingdom-warden-fine--13169501

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #7527 on: June 12, 2017, 06:20:17 pm »
Good idea. They need taking down a peg or two.
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #7528 on: June 15, 2017, 02:20:53 pm »
What can be done to stop the swooping seagull menace?

Tom Davidson ✔ @DPTomDavidson
This is the most important Conwy Council report of the year:

How to stop the seagull menace: http://modgoveng.conwy.gov.uk/documents/s91776/Seagull%20Scrutiny%20report%20outcome%20of%20task%20and%20finish%20group%20as%20of%2006%20March%2017.pdf

I did note the following reference, bearing in mind the above Kingdom Sec. post.

" 4.5 Enforcement of Environmental Protection Act 1990 provisions in relation to the
issuing of Fixed Penalty Notices for littering will continue. It is worth noting that
the number of such Notices issued for littering across the County as of the end of
January 2017 for littering was 3339, which is an increase on the figure for the
same period last year (2166)."

Offline spotty dog

« Reply #7529 on: June 15, 2017, 05:34:39 pm »
I have a better way

Home
Form
Wild birds: general licence to take or kill for health or safety purposes

Natural England
Part of:
General licences for wildlife management and Bird licences
Published:
31 December 2013
Last updated:
1 January 2017, see all updates
Applies to:
England
Get a general licence as a land owner or other authorised person to catch alive or kill wild birds to preserve public health or public safety (licence GL05).
Documents

Licence to kill or take certain birds to preserve public health or public safety (GL05)
PDF, 239KB, 5 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
Details
If you’re a land owner, occupier or other authorised person you can use this general licence to carry out a range of otherwise prohibited activities against certain wild birds. You don’t need to apply for this general licence but you must meet its conditions and follow its instructions.
You are an authorised person if you’re one of the following:
the land owner, occupier or anyone authorised by the owner or occupier
authorised in writing by the local authority
authorised in writing by any England, Scotland or Wales conservation body, a district board for fisheries or local fisheries committee
authorised in writing by the Environment Agency, a water undertaker or a sewerage undertaker
You can only use this licence to preserve public health or public safety.
You can’t use this licence to kill birds because they are damaging your property, such as your car or house, or if they’re a nuisance.
Birds you can catch alive or kill with this licence
With this licence you can catch alive or kill:
crows
collared doves
jackdaws
jays
lesser black-backed gulls
magpies
pigeons (feral and woodpigeon)
rooks
You can catch alive or kill, as well as take, damage or destroy the nests, or take or destroy the eggs of:
Canada geese
monk parakeets
You can take, damage or destroy the nests, or take or destroy the eggs of:
herring gulls
You must still follow animal welfare laws and kill birds in a quick and humane manner.
You can eat birds killed under this licence, but (other than woodpigeons) you can’t sell them for human consumption.