Author Topic: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?  (Read 2612368 times)

Offline hollins

• Management board member
Re: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?
« Reply #7500 on: May 15, 2017, 02:13:10 pm »
Wow! How lovely to see you both looking so well. xx

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #7501 on: May 15, 2017, 02:23:59 pm »
 &well&    $good$

Offline Hugo

« Reply #7502 on: May 15, 2017, 05:49:07 pm »
 :-}}}    I forgot to record it.       :(

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #7503 on: May 15, 2017, 06:22:21 pm »
Itv Player?  Whatever its called? 
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Hugo

« Reply #7504 on: May 15, 2017, 07:19:50 pm »
 $thanx$

Hope that those royalties keep coming in for you.      $hands$

Offline snowcap

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #7505 on: May 16, 2017, 12:25:19 am »
He was ready to spit fire when he saw what you paid for them M.E. but he made a nice profit in the end.

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #7506 on: May 16, 2017, 07:07:48 am »
We both did well from those chairs, he knew he would be ok with them I'm sure !  $good$
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Big Alan

• Scouse not English
« Reply #7507 on: May 16, 2017, 05:05:37 pm »
I have some relatives staying in Llandudno next week, getting there on Friday and staying the whole week. Uncles and cousins of varying ages. Anywhere got any live bands on? They love a sing song and I'm at a loss! Any pointers Mr. Fester and B2R? Thanks in advance boys
Justice for the 96

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #7508 on: May 16, 2017, 06:21:09 pm »
I have some relatives staying in Llandudno next week, getting there on Friday and staying the whole week. Uncles and cousins of varying ages. Anywhere got any live bands on? They love a sing song and I'm at a loss! Any pointers Mr. Fester and B2R? Thanks in advance boys

Not sure Big Al,  have a look at the 3rd Space Great Orme Brewery, Facebook page.... they do live music these days.
Plus, Cabaret is on in The Grand every night...  most hotels have entertainment on too, every night.
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Tom Davidson

• Ad Free Member
  • Daily Post hack
« Reply #7509 on: May 17, 2017, 07:19:57 am »
The Gresham has an act on Saturday nights which start at 8pm, same with the Lilly by they don't start until 9pm.
After all what is time, a mere tyranny.

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #7510 on: May 17, 2017, 11:03:06 am »
Gresham and Lilly will be ok - be mostly covers band though and not great quality. Cooneys normally has better  bands.

Goat Roper Rodeo band and another alt country act are playing the brewery on Friday 26th May.
Even if you don't like country they are great live bands - tickets only a tenner.
If they're in Conwy at all Bluebell is great for live music Saturday and Sunday - Conwy Comrades club for folk club on Monday is worth visiting.

Also check out the Kings Head they are starting to put a lot of stuff on.

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #7511 on: May 25, 2017, 10:42:56 am »
FIVE charity champions will put themselves through a gruelling 60 miles of rowing from the Isle of Man to Llandudno in memory of their family members.
The next event will take place this Saturday (May 27) seeing the five piece pull the boat they will be using for the ‘Big Row’ along Llandudno Promenade for 12 hours.

Mr Midgley said: “We’ll be doing it in Viking fancy dress. The boat is 24ft’6 inches in length and 4ft’11 inches in size so it’ll be quite a sight and it’ll give people a chance to see the boat ahead of the Big Row.

“So come along and laugh at us, throw some money in our buckets and help us raise money.”
http://www.northwalespioneer.co.uk/news/176329/charity-champions-get-ready-to-row-60-miles-from-isle-of-man-to-llandudno.aspx

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #7512 on: May 30, 2017, 09:08:23 am »
Two bizarre occurrences I witnessed over the weekend....

First was Saturday lunchtime by Bog Island. We heard shouting and saw a large man, probably early 50s, riding a mobility scooter down Mostyn Street. He was riding it on the road itself, whilst shouting abuse at any car that went past him. He then rode off in the direction of Trinity Ave, still swearing loudly to himself. This was witnessed by a large group of people.

Secondly, we were walking though town on Sunday evening.  A lad of about 16/17, yellow coat, with headphones on, riding a mountain bike with very chunky tyres, came up behind us on the pavement then swerved into the road, then shot back onto the pavement in front of us, whilst shouting abuse about 'stupid people walking along the pavement'. One wonders where he expects people to walk? Sadly, he didn't stop so I could discuss the matter with him...

Anyway, my point is that this sort of low-level anti-social behaviour needs to be stamped out, as it presents a very negative image of the town to visitors.  &shake&

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #7513 on: May 30, 2017, 10:10:23 am »
Looks as though someone has caught one of our members on camera cutting his hedge.........and put him on F.B.!!! :o
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #7514 on: May 30, 2017, 12:18:05 pm »
Looks as though someone has caught one of our members on camera cutting his hedge.........and put him on F.B.!!! :o

Probably one of the pages I'm banned from.
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -