Author Topic: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?  (Read 2613583 times)

Offline Bri Roberts

• Management board member
Re: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?
« Reply #7455 on: April 17, 2017, 12:29:51 pm »
I am pleased to report that there is now improved signage on the swimming pool side of Mostyn Broadway helping coaches use the coach park and delivery vehicles use the rear of Parc Llandudno.

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #7456 on: April 18, 2017, 12:00:32 pm »
I am pleased to report that Mostyn Broadway is now closed to pedestrians so the suggestion of hard hats is no longer necessary.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #7457 on: April 18, 2017, 01:50:30 pm »
I'm pleased that they listened to your advice on the forum Bri.        $good$

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #7458 on: April 18, 2017, 03:03:28 pm »
I am just pleased, Hugo, that we have at least one councillor on our site that definitely listens and often acts upon what we post.

Offline llandudnotrust

« Reply #7459 on: April 19, 2017, 02:58:18 pm »
Its coming down !!!

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #7460 on: April 19, 2017, 03:03:23 pm »
The whole thing?

,,,,,or rain ? WWW
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Tom Davidson

• Ad Free Member
  • Daily Post hack
After all what is time, a mere tyranny.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #7462 on: April 19, 2017, 11:11:36 pm »
I was driving down Mostyn Street towards the Castle Hotel and the traffic measures that they have put in place certainly help with the flow of traffic and when I turned left into Vaughan Street I noticed that most of the traffic was going down Adelphi Street.
That's probably a quicker route as it took me a while to get on the Promenade from Vaughan Street

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #7463 on: April 20, 2017, 10:19:17 am »
I believe the road immediately in front of the Tudno Castle is to close until the 10th May with traffic down Conway Road restricted to one lane and diverted up Vaughan Street towards the railway station.

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #7464 on: April 20, 2017, 01:01:36 pm »
Now sIngle lane traffic with a temporary pelican crossing and just five cars beyond that there is the usual pedestrian crossing.

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #7465 on: April 20, 2017, 04:03:42 pm »
I believe the road immediately in front of the Tudno Castle is to close until the 10th May with traffic down Conway Road restricted to one lane and diverted up Vaughan Street towards the railway station.

Saw another notice this morning saying that Madoc Street will be shut at certain times ( probably for the parade). Anyone got any tips for crawling up your own exhaust pipe?

Oh and Nant-y-Gamar road is shut as well !
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline TheMedz

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #7466 on: April 20, 2017, 09:31:46 pm »
Driving this evening to get to the retail park we went past the hotel to go down Adelphi Street. The huge crane with a grabber on the end was biting away huge chunks of the side of the hotel. It will be interesting to see if anything beyond the front facade is left. If anything is left at all. On another note it's not a bad job if you can get it leaning on a fence in a high vis waist coat doing sweet fa as quite a significant number of people seemed to be doing.

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #7467 on: April 21, 2017, 08:48:39 am »
Makes a lot more sense to demolish it completely and rebuild in a similar style, anyway. On another note, I wonder how many buildings in Llandudno have dodgy foundations?
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #7468 on: April 21, 2017, 09:37:40 am »
You are quite right Ian, it would make more sense economically and construction wise to do that but and it's a big but, the building is listed.
I think it was Blongb who expressed the situation with these listed buildings very clearly and there must be problems with others too.
Mostyn Estates had a problem with the building that was Barton's in St George's Place and it cost the Estate a lot of money to rectify.
I think they have been aware of the problem with the Castle Hotel for  years and just allowed the building to deteriorate knowing that it may have to be partially demolished but I wouldn't be surprised if the public have been drip fed on information and that it was the Estate's intention to demolish the complete building from the outset.
After all it is a detached building unlike Bartons which was a terrace and the Estate had no choice in the matter.       Perhaps in the future the CCBC should be more vigilant with empty neglected properties owned by the Estate.

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #7469 on: April 21, 2017, 11:10:03 am »
On another note it's not a bad job if you can get it leaning on a fence in a high vis waist coat doing sweet fa as quite a significant number of people seemed to be doing.
They are having to remove the scaffolding remotely with a camera/cutter on the end of a crane, lifting it off in large sections and dumping it in a pile, not sure if its worth salvaging, I think the site is a complete no go area.