Author Topic: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?  (Read 2613968 times)

Michael W and 19 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
Re: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?
« Reply #45 on: September 24, 2010, 06:27:51 pm »
Perhaps its a Tapas Bar...

Never tasted Tapas..nice?

???

I hope it IS a Tapas Bar. I really do.
Ian, I take it you are not a lover of Spanish holidays then?
If you were, you could hardly have avoided trying Tapas.

Small rations of local food,  it can be any combination, rices, fish, shellfish, chicken, sausage...its endless really.
But you only try a small amount, and pay a small amount, so you can try many different dishes.
Take a look at LaTasca,  the UK's leading chain in Tapas,  its a great concept and would do really well with old and young diners alike.

Mmmm  Tapas !

<:> <:>

Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Paddy

« Reply #46 on: September 24, 2010, 07:05:57 pm »
I believe it was bought by the guy wh owns the 147 club.
Was it you that was saying on the old forum that he wanted to make it an entrance into the club, Paddy?

It was suggested to me by Paul, who had the shop, that it was to be a dining area leading into the club.

I'd be surprised if permission was granted for a change of use but, if it's attached to the club which already has the necessary licenses, would permission be needed?

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #47 on: September 24, 2010, 07:47:42 pm »
Ian, I take it you are not a lover of Spanish holidays then?

Never been to Spain. Fester.   Italy, Germany, France, Denmark, Iceland, USA, Greenland, Canada to name but eight - but not Spain.  Or Portugal.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #48 on: September 24, 2010, 07:52:51 pm »
I did not mean to infer that you were not a well travelled man Sir!  On the contrary.

I have never been to Portugal either, but as a great lover of seafood, I keep promising myself that I will.

I like Spain, but not as much as I enjoyed China and India,  trouble is I was always on business, (in my former existence) and I never really got time to explore and appreciate them...

There is a lot more of the US I would love to get to also,  I have a yearning to visit Hawaii and will make that a priority in 2011.

Fester...

Offline TheMedz

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #49 on: September 26, 2010, 08:32:46 pm »
I'd really forgotten just how good a sunny September weekend can be.

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #50 on: September 27, 2010, 08:08:31 am »
I suspect it won't last  Z@@
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Offline TheMedz

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #51 on: September 27, 2010, 09:34:42 am »
You called that one correctly Ian.

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #52 on: September 27, 2010, 01:40:55 pm »
So it seems....  :weeping:

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #53 on: September 27, 2010, 07:11:22 pm »
As far as I was concerned, this morning very,very peaceful. Not a single person on the golf course, not even a dog walker. Lunchtime, feeling very hungry. Noone around. So I decided, stick a few clubs and balls in a box, a note on the side, "play away, I'll be back shortly" and off I went to a favourite cafe.  Lovely steak pie, mash, carrots, peas, gravy. First mouthful and my phone rings. "Get back quick to your golf course, Theres a gentleman lobbing golf balls at my house---and hes just broken a window."  Me: "Ohh, Blo--- he--" Caller. "Yes. ----pause---- I got your number from the Llandudno forum---I'm a member!!!  Me  "OOOOhhhhhhh, fing blo--- he-- "   Anyone fancy a stone cold plate of steak pie?

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #54 on: September 27, 2010, 09:05:27 pm »
And was there anyone up on the course when you got there?  :golf:

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #55 on: September 27, 2010, 09:45:51 pm »
Yes, indeed. The phone caller (who is a member of this forum, he gave me his username which I knew well.) But noone else. But I was two golf clubs and about half a dozen balls short, gone missing. That was a chance I took. He mentioned seeing a group of youngsters passing his house, I cannot tell you where because I'm not certain he wants the forum to know about this. Anyway, I caught up with a group of youngsters in the area---one of them knew me by name and I recognised him vaugely from being from Tyn y Coed area.  Anyway things were building up, I straight away said I would pay for the glass, but now it appears that the window is not easy to get at, the house is mega high. So, with his agreement, I called the Police. Also, whilst on the phone, I followed the group of 7 teenagers (I thought they were all in school, I wouldnt have left the clubs if I knew they were roaming at this early stage in the school year). They could see me on the phone, Police wanted a discription,  (Of all seven?) they walked fast, I walked fast, they speeded up, I attempted to speed up (but not too much, I didnt fancy being set about by seven fit 16 yr olds) despite everything we all ended up by Weatherspoons---end of story, they split up and that was it.   I was strongly tempted to go into Weatherspoons and forget about the whole thing!!!

Offline Trojan

« Reply #56 on: September 27, 2010, 10:08:19 pm »
Pity there were no PCSO's patrolling the area.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #57 on: September 27, 2010, 10:59:45 pm »
Yes, indeed. The phone caller (who is a member of this forum, he gave me his username which I knew well.) But noone else. But I was two golf clubs and about half a dozen balls short, gone missing. That was a chance I took. He mentioned seeing a group of youngsters passing his house, I cannot tell you where because I'm not certain he wants the forum to know about this. Anyway, I caught up with a group of youngsters in the area---one of them knew me by name and I recognised him vaugely from being from Tyn y Coed area.  Anyway things were building up, I straight away said I would pay for the glass, but now it appears that the window is not easy to get at, the house is mega high. So, with his agreement, I called the Police. Also, whilst on the phone, I followed the group of 7 teenagers (I thought they were all in school, I wouldnt have left the clubs if I knew they were roaming at this early stage in the school year). They could see me on the phone, Police wanted a discription,  (Of all seven?) they walked fast, I walked fast, they speeded up, I attempted to speed up (but not too much, I didnt fancy being set about by seven fit 16 yr olds) despite everything we all ended up by Weatherspoons---end of story, they split up and that was it.   I was strongly tempted to go into Weatherspoons and forget about the whole thing!!!

Mike !!

This is disastrous news,  :o :oand enough to really get a lesser man down.

If you see them in future, I would be tempted to wrap one of your putters round thier heads!

Pick the biggest one, and the rest of the cowards will run like hell ...!!

There are scumbags everywhere, and they need sorting out.

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Fester...

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #58 on: September 29, 2010, 06:02:19 pm »
Couple of new businesses opening up in town....a shop called (I think) 'Stitch In' on Vaughan Street, a Nail Bar on Madoc Street (where Xpose Clothing was) and it looks as though one of the units in the Victoria Centre has been let, the one on the corner that used to be the Perfume Shop.

Gareth Roberts Opticians will be opening in their new premises on Mostyn Street very shortly, after breaking the World record for longest shop refurbishment.  :D

As Wrex has mentioned, the old Burger King unit has been sold.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #59 on: September 29, 2010, 06:13:30 pm »
I was wondering if Mike had been having any more trouble with local yobs?

What has happened with the window breaking situation?  Surely Mike hasn't had to pay for this?

Finally ... I haven't noticed the sheep around in recent weeks.
Does anyone know why?
Have they all been penned back in for the winter perhaps?

Fester...