Forum Central > The Three Towns Forum

Your Views Required: Future of the Forum

(1/10) > >>

DaveR:
I noticed today that we are about one month away from the Forum's first anniversary. Sadly, that also means that we are one month away from having to fork out another several hundred pounds to keep it going. I'd like to ask all the members (and I mean all the members, even if you don't normally post) what their views are on the Forum. What do you like about it? What don't you like about it? The response we receive will determine if the Forum continues or not.  $thanx$

Ian Ralph:
several hundred ££££......Must be all the bandwidth you use, which shows just how popular you are, so you have to keep going.

Stick a pay pal button on the site and have all the members buy a virtual pint  Z** and that should cover it.

Ian:
The site has unlimited bandwidth / MySql databases and space, so that obviously adds up. But the number of folk posting is small - minute, even, in relation to the total number of those visiting and even to the total number of members.  It's not so much the money, more that to perform the function we originally envisaged we need far more people,  more ideas, more and different views and more healthy debate and discussion. And that's simply not happening. 

Ian Ralph:
I can see a strategy meeting coming up, Z**  lets see what the posting members want. J Oddy had a good idea when it was just Colwyn Bay local, to affiliate councils, service groups, tourism, politics,even the unvisited NWWN forum into this one as a point of reference and debate. If growth is the only way forward then it needs feeding. Knowing the time the admins give already be careful what you wish for it may come true...

Yorkie:
After the recent (today) debacle about the use of the word R-E-S-T and the wholesale censorship of posts, and also the very funny video, during the period of the discussion, I don't think the Forum will have much of a future.

As far as the Forum is concerned, I was quite content reading others views (even on subjects of no interest to me).  I also enjoyed making my own small contributions, but today's episode has put me off completely.   There are many other Forums and Blogs in the ether all wanting our interest and it would not be difficult for some of them to get more of my attention than they do.   Censorship of items that purely were not agreeable to one person cannot be considered as acceptable.

However it is your Forum, so its future is entirely in your own hands but everything seems to have been done today to upset contributors rather than attract them.

I live in Penrhryn Bay just in case anyone had not noticed the many reference to the fact on the Forum.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version