Author Topic: Policing Issues Discussion  (Read 95666 times)

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
Re: Policing Issues Discussion
« Reply #105 on: September 21, 2011, 04:59:25 pm »
HI Pen
This what you need?
http://www.north-wales.police.uk/
Fester's episode was mentioned last week !
Nem
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #106 on: September 21, 2011, 11:19:11 pm »
Nem you are a Darlin that's the link I was after.  13 cars up our road got their windscreens smashed last night.  The Police caught the 2 local lads responsible.  Can't really say much more at present as statements are being taken.  Let's just say they both got more than they bargained for  ;)
Only hindsight has 20/20 vision
Angiegram - A romantic notion derived from the more mundane truth.

Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #107 on: September 22, 2011, 08:40:54 am »
What a pair of morons.  $angry$ Would those two be the same ones responsible for the previous damage, I wonder?

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #108 on: September 22, 2011, 10:39:26 am »
We'll never know DaveR.  They were caught red handed by my Hubby and a mate up the road.  One was held on the floor till the Police came and the other did a runner but was later caught by the railway station (this bit makes me laugh) he was arrested naked from the waist down as he'd ripped his tracksuit bottoms off trying to get over a spiked fence.  He was taken to hospital with injuries to his nads (scrotum)  ;D
Only hindsight has 20/20 vision
Angiegram - A romantic notion derived from the more mundane truth.

Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #109 on: September 22, 2011, 12:21:23 pm »
We'll never know DaveR.  They were caught red handed by my Hubby and a mate up the road.  One was held on the floor till the Police came and the other did a runner but was later caught by the railway station (this bit makes me laugh) he was arrested naked from the waist down as he'd ripped his tracksuit bottoms off trying to get over a spiked fence.  He was taken to hospital with injuries to his nads (scrotum)  ;D

Well done!  I love the last bit, hopefully it will stop him breeding more of the same!  L0L L0L
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Quiggs

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #110 on: September 22, 2011, 12:43:12 pm »
I overheard a conversation in the 'Onestop ' shop ,west shore, this morning. A customer said that she was awakened during the night, by someone in the back garden, the assistant replied that several other customers had said something similar this morning. It would appear that there are some night prowlers going around!
Dictum Meum Pactum

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #111 on: September 22, 2011, 01:00:45 pm »
Perhaps they should report this. There is a hunt going on again for a missing person.
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #112 on: September 22, 2011, 10:14:43 pm »
He was taken to hospital with injuries to his nads (scrotum)  ;D
Good.  $good$

Offline Trojan

« Reply #113 on: September 23, 2011, 01:18:36 pm »
he was arrested naked from the waist down as he'd ripped his tracksuit bottoms off trying to get over a spiked fence.

What? No underwear? Is he from Pengarth?  :laugh:

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #114 on: September 23, 2011, 01:46:28 pm »
Missing Woman

"Please help locate Debbie was last seen on tues 20th Sept outside Bangor hospital. 5'4" 46yrs blonde wearing blue jeans brown parka with fluffy hood. If anyone has any information please contact police, she is from Llandudno area but was last seen in Bangor"

Offline Trojan

« Reply #115 on: September 23, 2011, 02:15:01 pm »
Missing Woman

"Please help locate Debbie was last seen on tues 20th Sept outside Bangor hospital. 5'4" 46yrs blonde wearing blue jeans brown parka with fluffy hood. If anyone has any information please contact police, she is from Llandudno area but was last seen in Bangor"

Debbie Gent....I remember her.

She was found safe in Bangor this morning.  :)

Offline TheMedz

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #116 on: November 23, 2011, 05:15:13 pm »
http://www.north-wales.police.uk/news__appeals/all_features/vehicle_checks.aspx

I spotted this article on the BBC Wales website.

It relates to Police in North Wales (and others thoughout the UK) using VDRS as an alternative to immediate Fixed Penalty Notice for cars with defects that might be hazardous during the winter.   

As an example my son drove out of work in Bromborough  last winter unaware he had a rear brake light out. Within 100 yards he was pulled over by the Police and given a reasonably hefty fixed penalty fine. He went straight to Halfords got a new bullb and the defect was fixed but he still had to pay the fine. The use of VDRS might have been a more suitable solution and unlike the fixed penalty fine would have more chance of making sure the driver went away and got the defect fixed. The incentive is there to get the work done and then get it signed off by a verified tester to save paying the fine.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #117 on: November 23, 2011, 06:39:48 pm »
As an ex copper (somke years ago)  I deplore the present heavy handed way the "modern" force go about their business.  Unfortunatel, now it is all to do with numbers, statistics and money.

What has happened to the old "word in your ear" or "word of warning" that previous police forces have advocated and used?   It did a damn site more good, saved paperwork, court time and ceated a greater respect between the police force and the public.

With the respect we had we also got co-operation and there was no need for an Officer on the Beat to be wanderring round like a second hand junk store with a body loaded down with cuffs, tazers, and all the other impedimenta that the powers that be consider should be part of their armoury.  Get the PC's back on the beat, get them to mingle with the people, get them to regain that respect that once was king, and then maybe we will, by co-operation rather than confrontation, see a reduction in offences of all types.

And one major, and very simple move, would be to get off the backs of the already persecuted motorist.
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #118 on: November 23, 2011, 09:55:38 pm »
I went to meet a friend arriving by train yesterday afternoon. The train had arrived early and so my friend had the company of one of the town's alcoholics telling her all about how he got his black eye whilst she waited for me. Even though these men are relatively harmless, it is still intimidating for women on their own to be approached by them. I hope that when the station is rebuilt, it is made a 'closed station', i.e. you cannot gain access to the platforms without a ticket.

Offline Quiggs

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #119 on: November 24, 2011, 01:13:21 pm »
I was stopped for a rear light failure, I said that I had a spare bulb in my toolbox and would change it there and then. The copper said that it had to be done by a qualified person. I told him that I had reconditioned the engine, changed the gearbox and uprated the suspension amongst other things and was quite capable of changing a light bulb. But he would not have any of it and insisted that it was done by a qualified person and that I had to get the work checked by an M.O.T. garage and gave me a document to prove it at a Police Station. At considerable cost and time to myself. And they wonder why motorists do not respect the Police !   >>>
Dictum Meum Pactum