Author Topic: Policing Issues Discussion  (Read 95541 times)

Offline Ian

• Administrator
Re: Policing Issues Discussion
« Reply #75 on: September 07, 2011, 09:59:39 am »
Will you appear as a witness?
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline PC Mike Smith

« Reply #76 on: September 07, 2011, 05:37:14 pm »
Tonight, I witnessed at first hand, the bloody hard job that a police officer has in this, or any other area of the UK.

After I toddled off to get a taxi on Gloddaeth St tonight, a big, hooded bloke barged past me and proceeded to kick the windows in of Vollams Shop.  I couldn't believe what I was seeing, and several people just stood around and watched.
Anyhow, he smashed his way inside and the alarm went off.

Within 30 seconds or so, a police car with a solitary officer arrived and he immediately tackled this much bigger (and very violent) bloke as he burst back out of the shattered window.
The tussle continued for a couple of minutes, until other officers (our own PC Mike included) arrived on the scene to subdue and arrest him.

Not a job for the faint hearted... well done to all.

The above is a very Humble post from Fester.
The facts of this case are that Fester witnessed this happening, flagged down the passing officer and then accompanied the officer to the smashed window.
When the male emerged the Officer and Fester apprehended him and struggled with him.The Officer was able to call for emergency back up.
When i arrived at the scene, The male was being held by the Officer and our very own Fester.
With Festers assistance, we were able to safely handcuff this male and perform an arrest.

When i arrived, there were several onlookers standing around and some were filming the action on their mobile phones whilst Fester and the Officer struggled with this violent male.Fester was the only person who offered any assistance at all.

I spoke to the officer involved afterwards, he had received some minor injuries which were cleaned up by Paramedics but he stated that the injuries could have been a lot worse if it hadnt been for Festers assistance.He felt that he might not have been able to get complete control of this male had it not been for Festers help.

The perfect job for any Police Officer is finding a Burglar in the process of his Crime and on this occasion , without Festers help,this Burglar could have struggled free.

As a result of Fester's assistance, the Burglar was detained , still in posession of the goods he had stolen from within Vollams, he was arrested and today has been charged with Burglary and other offences.

This has resulted in the owner of Vollam's not losing his stock and a violent Burglar being taken off the streets and hopefully being dealt with robustly at court.

I have no doubt that Fester's actions played a huge part in this male being brought to justice and i have brought it to the attention of senior officers to recommend that he is recognised for his selfless actions.

So on behalf of myself, my colleague whom you assisted and all officers within North Wales Police as well as the owner of Vollam's,

Thank you Fester!!

Mike

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #77 on: September 07, 2011, 06:33:02 pm »
Well done Fester-- you are a brave man :-*
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #78 on: September 07, 2011, 06:34:30 pm »
Yes, very public spirited - well done!  $good$

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #79 on: September 07, 2011, 06:55:18 pm »
Well done, Fester.  D)

Offline hollins

« Reply #80 on: September 07, 2011, 07:15:09 pm »
Very brave of you Fester. I hope you are not injured.
Some years ago my husband and his friend were walking back to their car in Sheffield city centre.
They saw two men attempting a break in. They went to the nearest public phone box to call 999. (This was in the days before mobile phones). The would be burglars must have seen them though and decided to beat up my husband and his mate instead. They were well away before the police arrived.
Just a story to emphasise the bravery of your actions but please be careful!

Offline Trojan

« Reply #81 on: September 07, 2011, 07:57:32 pm »
The tussle continued for a couple of minutes, until other officers (our own PC Mike included) arrived on the scene to subdue and arrest him.

You didn't give the solitary officer a helping hand?  ???

You did!  $yes$

Nice one Fest!  $salute$

Offline snowcap

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #82 on: September 07, 2011, 08:12:33 pm »
 well done fester, let me bye you a pint next time im back , you earned it mate.

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #83 on: September 07, 2011, 08:43:05 pm »
Bloody great, good on you Fes.  I'm not trying to steal your thunder, but I was in a similar position (though through very different circumstances)  around fifty years ago. Holywell, a wild town in those days. We, a group of around six or seven young lads, had spent the night drinking in the Kings Head. At throwing out time we emerged into the square at the top of the High street to see two or three coppers trying to get six or seven drunken rioters towards the Police Station, around 400 yards away. A large crowd of onlookers, maybe 20 or more were watching all this. One of my friends said "I don't like to see the Police being hammered like this. Lets go and get help." Unfortunately for me, Ive always suffered with bad hearing and I thought he said "Lets go and help." So, me, full of enthusiasm shouted "Right" and pushed my way through the crowd to get at all the action, only to find my half dozen mates had legged it off up the road to the Station.  The local paper ran an article about the incedent in which it stated "Only one public spirited citezen went to the assistance of the Police. "   If only they had known it was a combination of alcohol and bad hearing that did it.  It was in the County Herald some time around 1955 or 6.

Offline Blodyn

« Reply #84 on: September 07, 2011, 08:59:33 pm »
Yes, well done Fester.  That was certainly very brave.   &well&

Offline Bellringer

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #85 on: September 07, 2011, 10:03:48 pm »
Well done Fester.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #86 on: September 07, 2011, 10:09:07 pm »
Mike Ormegolf,  I'm rolling around laughing at that tale of yours... I'm deaf in one ear too, but thats no excuse... Pardon??

Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #87 on: September 07, 2011, 11:21:42 pm »
Fester, well done mate, but be carefull out there!  $good$
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #88 on: September 08, 2011, 11:37:59 pm »
Fair play to you Mr Man it takes some b*llocks nerve to intervene like that.  Lets just hope the guy whoever he is does get a spell on Her Majestys Service.  $good$
Only hindsight has 20/20 vision
Angiegram - A romantic notion derived from the more mundane truth.

Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #89 on: September 09, 2011, 08:42:20 am »
An inspiration to us all

Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.