Author Topic: Policing Issues Discussion  (Read 95610 times)

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
Re: Policing Issues Discussion
« Reply #45 on: August 06, 2011, 08:56:21 am »
Speaking purely for myself, I feel that the Great Orme area has a decent amount of police patrols going on too.

Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #46 on: August 06, 2011, 01:09:41 pm »
And it's a good place to hide away for the odd hour or so!    ;)
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #47 on: August 07, 2011, 06:54:03 pm »
About a month ago every car in our street was keyed approximately 10 in total.  Two weeks ago every car in  our street had all the windscreen wipers pulled out but thankfully not broken.  Thursday night a notorious local who lives in the old peoples flats had his bonnet and all the windows in his car smashed.  :o   You'd think the police would keep an eye on the area wouldn't you.................................well think again.  Then the Council have the gall to try and charge us £80 to park here  :rage: It's like saying "Yes we know Basra is dangerous luv but you'll definitely get a bed for the night" un-flippin'-believable  >>>
Only hindsight has 20/20 vision
Angiegram - A romantic notion derived from the more mundane truth.

Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley

Offline Parry

« Reply #48 on: August 08, 2011, 10:09:05 am »
Hi. I'll be doing a walkabout with Conwy District Inspector Ian Verburgh next week in Llanfairfechan for the NWWN. I'm hoping to be able to ask him questions on general concerns on policing in the county. Please shout if there are any questions you want answering. Thanks

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #49 on: August 08, 2011, 11:25:46 am »
ASK HIM TO ANSWER MY QUESTION POSED ON 5 AUGUST ABOVE.

(Sorry for shouting but only obeying orders)  L0L
Cicero

Offline Parry

« Reply #50 on: August 08, 2011, 04:47:09 pm »
 _))* thanks, read the comment. 

Offline wjones74

« Reply #51 on: August 08, 2011, 10:40:18 pm »
What if WE have a riot? . they are talking about using water cannons , probably help with those fires than ?  WWW

Offline wjones74

« Reply #52 on: August 08, 2011, 10:44:19 pm »
Seriously though! , worrying stuff , what would our "force" do ?

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #53 on: August 08, 2011, 11:00:07 pm »
You wouldn't get a riot in these parts WJones, it is endemic in large cities with high ethnic populations.

It is always bubbling just under the surface, it is a palpable tension in many areas.

The real question is, how should they by stopped, and how can they be prevented.

I have said before that this is NOT the time to be cutting police resource and numbers.
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline TheMedz

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #54 on: August 08, 2011, 11:44:54 pm »
and on a more positive note I made my regular visit to my parent's house in Wrexham and when I was parking up the car, in what is a very quiet older age group part part of town, I saw two community police officers. They came across made conversation and politely asked  who I was and what was my business in the area. Some might regard that as intrusive I felt somewhat comforted by it all.

Offline Trojan

« Reply #55 on: August 09, 2011, 07:59:08 am »
Some might regard that as intrusive I felt somewhat comforted by it all.

Where they female by any chance?  ???

Offline PC Mike Smith

« Reply #56 on: August 09, 2011, 09:01:31 am »
We have a good percentage of riot trained officers in North Wales who undergo regular training which is exactly the same as the training received by all other forces.in fact there are a number of NWP officers who have left in the early hours of this morning for London.If the worst ever happened here we are actually well prepared and if required could rely on extra resources from merseyside, Cheshire and G.M.P.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #57 on: August 09, 2011, 09:52:28 am »
I just hope that those who have been "trained" have been exposed to a realistic representation of what is actually happening in the Country.   To be involved in trying to quell these riots is frightening for even the most hardened Police Officer.

At least nowadays they have some decent protective equipment which we didn't in my day.  We had to manage with our "pointy" helmets, a whistle and an 18 inch length of lignum vitae.   ;D

But then we had a better class of thug all those years ago!   ;)
Cicero

Offline PC Mike Smith

« Reply #58 on: August 09, 2011, 10:09:03 am »
Yorkie.yes the equipment nowadays is first class.i have seen what was once used and i have no idea how you coped in those days.
i was riot trained until two years ago and the training is extremely realistic involving missiles, petrol etc
As you say though i dont think any amount of training would compare with what my colleagues are facing for real

Offline Trojan

« Reply #59 on: August 09, 2011, 10:41:37 am »
At least nowadays they have some decent protective equipment which we didn't in my day.  We had to manage with our "pointy" helmets, a whistle and an 18 inch length of lignum vitae.   ;D

But then we had a better class of thug all those years ago!   ;)

$angry1$