Author Topic: Policing Issues Discussion  (Read 93319 times)

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
Re: Policing Issues Discussion
« Reply #285 on: January 12, 2020, 11:17:14 am »
I've just attached a link about the article referring to the incident at Llandudno Hospital and wonder if the Police did manage to track the hit and run driver down.     If the mother from Northampton took only 6 hours to locate the CCTV then the North Wales Police Force with all their resources available to them could have done it in half that time

https://www.itv.com/news/wales/update/2017-04-06/police-appeal-for-witnesses-after-70-year-old-woman-hit-by-car-outside-llandudno-hospital/

Offline norman08

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #286 on: January 12, 2020, 03:57:55 pm »
We are talking about NWP here, the cameras outside the hospital would have picked it up, a few blind spots round the back but clear at the front.

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #287 on: January 12, 2020, 05:42:17 pm »
It is reasonable to expect a security camera monitoring the main hospital entrance.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #288 on: January 12, 2020, 06:28:22 pm »
We are talking about NWP here, the cameras outside the hospital would have picked it up, a few blind spots round the back but clear at the front.

In that case Norman, why didn't the North Wales Police not find out who the driver was?     They had the exact time, date and place of the incident, a description of the woman and her car and the chances are that she was a local person visiting a friend or relative in the hospital.
It was not the hardest crime to solve.       &shake&

Offline Hugo

« Reply #289 on: May 29, 2020, 12:12:21 pm »
I drove along the prom at Rhos On Sea earlier and by the Beach Cafe in Penrhyn Bay there was an Arrive Alive speed camera van parked in the lay by

Offline Blongb

• I love living in Llandudno.
« Reply #290 on: July 12, 2020, 01:32:47 pm »
I watched a very tatty Ford Gray Mondeo towing an equally tatty Caravan park across the road from mine this morning. The driver unhitched and drove off leaving the Van before I could get his registration. However there was a plate on the Van that came back as a Gray Mondeo with an expired MOT since January 2019. Quick call to 101 and gave them the details. After an hour or so a Gray Mondeo turned up again, Hitch up and tried to pull off. Unfortunately the man had some sort of Mechanical problem because he stopped halfway out of his parking slot and had to call the RAC. A quick check on this Mondeo came back as Untaxed since 17 October 2017 and MOT expired since 3 February 2018 and the registrations didn't match up. Another call to 101 and after a whee while two large Police officers turned up to help sort out his accumulating motoring problems.

As the Police drove off they only got a hundred yards down the road when the Blue Lights came on as another chancer came speeding out of the bottom end of Church Walks; the wrong way. Who said easing the lockdown was going to be easy?  ))*
Quot homines tot sententiae: suus cuique mos.
(There are as many opinions as there are people: each has his own view.)

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #291 on: July 12, 2020, 02:49:22 pm »
Nice to see they got there in time  $good$

Offline Hugo

« Reply #292 on: July 12, 2020, 03:24:20 pm »
I'm pleased that your phone call to 101 produced a good result because there are too many motorists on the road that don't abide by the rules and honest motorists have to subsidize those cheats.
My own dealings with the 101 service were not a very good experience
The first time I reported someone for driving with a MOT that had expired was because they were texting at the same time and driving in the middle of the road with a car following it.     The operator said that unless I had a photo of the driver texting there was nothing they could do as I had no evidence.   So I replied by saying that you have the evidence on the DVLA data base so what as you going to do about the expired MOT.
The operator consulted her supervisor and came back and said " unless the MOT is three months or more out of date then we are not interested"       Unbelievable!
The second time I phoned 101  I reported three vehicles that had no tax, one of which has no tax, MOT or insurance and belonged to the same person.     She asked me where the cars are parked and I said in the person's garden and the answer I got was that " the Police have no powers to do anything when the cars are parked in someone's garden"    ( no SORN on any of the vehicles "
What can one do in the circumstances, we know that the DVLA is useless and the Police can't or won't act so the fraud is allowed to continue

Offline Hugo

« Reply #293 on: September 07, 2020, 12:40:40 pm »
There seems to be an increasing number of these incidents occurring all over the UK and perhaps "Harvey's Law" should be introduced as soon as possible to protect the emergency workers from these sick elements of society

https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/seven-police-officers-punched-bitten-18890396

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #294 on: September 07, 2020, 01:55:47 pm »
I agree, there should be a mandatory penalty for any violence towards any emergency worker. 

Offline Hugo

« Reply #295 on: November 11, 2020, 03:37:57 pm »
Not so long ago I read this article about doubling the prison sentences for assaults on emergency workers and I thought that it was a good idea and about time too.   

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/prison-sentences-assault-emergency-workers-attacks-coronavirus-b438096.html

However when I read an article in today's edition of the NWWN  it beggars belief.   A blind drunk woman bit one Police officer leaving him with a probable scar and kicked the other officer in the groin. She had to be fitted with a spit hood and leg restraints and the woman admitted to having a lock knife in a public place and also possessing three large cannabis buds.
For all these serious offences she was given a 16 month sentence SUSPENDED for two years and given certain conditions to comply with.
How often have we seen lenient sentences like that given only to find out that the person has re offended a short time later.
The Law is an Ass and there must be some deterrent to protect the emergency workers and the public from this type of incident

Offline Hugo

« Reply #296 on: July 04, 2021, 03:42:51 pm »
I wonder if this proposed new law also applies to the Travelling Community and whether the Police will seek to enforce this law against the Travellers?

https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/motorhomes-campervans-caravans-seized-owners-20957408

Offline Hugo

« Reply #297 on: July 26, 2021, 11:28:32 pm »
I enjoyed watching "Beyond the Line, the North Wales Traffic Cops" on ITV Wales tonight at 8.00 pm.     It was about the North Wales Police and follows their work along the roads of North Wales, including the A55
They work under difficult and dangerous conditions and watching the programme made me admire the work that they do