Author Topic: Policing Issues Discussion  (Read 96227 times)

Offline Yorkie

Re: Policing Issues Discussion
« Reply #225 on: June 10, 2014, 01:41:49 pm »
Today I discovered quite by accident that Calls to the Police on 101 are charged at a fixed cost of 15 pence per call.   I thought Police Services were funded from the extortionate Council and Police Tax we pay! 

In that case if someone nicks my car, I wont tell them, so there!    ZXZ
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #226 on: July 01, 2014, 11:56:53 am »
Police out in force on Cayley Promenade in Rhos on Sea today.  Anyone know anything?  Or is it a similar exercise to the one they did in March 2010 that upset a lot of motorists?   
 ^*^0
Cicero

Offline Bri Roberts

• Management board member
« Reply #227 on: July 01, 2014, 02:07:21 pm »
I just walked around the Great Orme and a police car with at least 3 Officers twice passed me.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #228 on: July 23, 2014, 06:34:15 pm »
I just walked around the Great Orme and a police car with at least 3 Officers twice passed me.

If you want to be arrested, you have to wave them down! WWW
Cicero

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #229 on: July 23, 2014, 08:25:34 pm »
Yorkie, that post was made because of what you had just seen in R-o-S.  &shake&

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #230 on: July 23, 2014, 08:31:33 pm »
Yorkie, that post was made because of what you had just seen in R-o-S.  &shake&

I know that, and you know that, but my comment was just a light hearted response to your old post! 

Got to keep my average up!
 ZXZ
Cicero

Online SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #231 on: October 07, 2014, 05:58:24 pm »
Stop publishing crime stats, says police union chief

Police forces should stop publishing crime statistics because they give the public the wrong impression, a police union leader has said.
The UK Statistics Authority, the watchdog that oversees the publication of official data, said in January it could no longer approve crime figures based on information recorded by the police in England and Wales.

It found evidence that forces had been undercounting crime - due to human error, poor training and dealing with incidents informally - or, in some cases, massaging the figures to meet performance targets.
There has also been criticism that some crimes - such as four million examples of credit card fraud every year - are not included in the official figures.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-29515807

Online mull

« Reply #232 on: October 08, 2014, 11:14:08 am »
Never trusted Police Crime figures since the following happened a few years ago.
Someone started dipping into my bank account which fortunately I spotted very quickly andput a stop to, but not before they had helped themselves to the following,
£10 top up on a mobile phone
£80 on party items at Clinton Cards
£280 shopping at ASDA.
Investigations by my wife managed to find out off ASDA an address in Brierley Hill, Birmingham that the shopping had been delivered to. A look on Earth Scout revealed it was in a block of flats.
We tried to pass this information on to West Midlands Police but they refused to take any details off us saying it was a matter for them but should be done by the Credit Card company.
Presume West Midlands Police did not want the crime appearing on their statistics even though it happened in their area.

Is this sort of crime now so prevalent that no one is interested in it ?

Online SteveH

« Reply #233 on: October 08, 2014, 11:55:41 am »
Hi Mull,  " Is this sort of crime now so prevalent that no one is interested in it ?"

"There has also been criticism that some crimes - such as four million examples of credit card fraud every year - are not included in the official figures."

Short answer ....Apparently..... $angry$

Online SteveH

« Reply #234 on: November 01, 2014, 10:54:31 am »
The government is planning to scrap the use of police cautions - where those who commit minor offences are given a formal warning - in England and Wales.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-29859758

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #235 on: November 04, 2014, 12:06:00 pm »
"The overhaul of what are known as out-of-court disposals will mean cannabis warnings, community resolutions, penalty notices for disorder, simple cautions and conditional cautions would be replaced by the new two-tier framework.

As part of the scheme, first-time offenders committing minor crimes would face a new statutory community resolution.

This could see them offering a verbal or written apology to their victim, paying compensation or fixing damage."

"cannabis warnings" - who exactly will they have to say sorry to? And what damage has been done?
POINTLESS and not thought through yet again  $good$

Online SteveH

« Reply #236 on: March 13, 2017, 01:12:21 pm »
This looks interesting...

Should North Wales take leaf out of Portugal's book to combat drugs epidemic?
The North Wales Police and Crime Commissioner has been to Lisbon to see how they tackle narcotics.

Mr Jones, a former police inspector, spent four days filming in the Portuguese capital with a TV crew from the BBC Wales current affairs programme Week In Week Out entitled Cop-out on Drugs, to be screened at 10.40pm on BBC1 Wales tomorrow evening.......  . .......The cost of the trip was met by the BBC.  $good$

We looked at how drug users are actually dealt with. If a police officer stops someone in the street who has cannabis on them if they have less than 10 days’ supply they are referred to what’s called a dissuasion commission which will then decide how to deal with them.

“If they are identified as a non-problematical or recreational user, as is mostly the case with cannabis and with 90 per cent of drug users in most countries, they give them information on the dangers of taking drugs and also a suspended sanction which means no action is taken against them.

http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/should-north-wales-take-leaf-12733004

Online SteveH

« Reply #237 on: April 04, 2017, 12:07:57 pm »
 :-}}}         $booboo$

Offender's £45k phone bill paid by North Wales Police.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-north-west-wales-39488370

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #238 on: April 04, 2017, 05:19:47 pm »
:-}}}         $booboo$

I read that story Steve, it beggars belief..... is there no end to the incompetence and waste of our money?
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Online SteveH

« Reply #239 on: April 04, 2017, 05:59:37 pm »
I read that story Steve, it beggars belief..... is there no end to the incompetence and waste of our money?
We could start a new thread, and list them all, but it would make depressing reading.