Author Topic: Police News & Announcements  (Read 149971 times)

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
Re: Police News & Announcements
« Reply #135 on: May 08, 2016, 04:44:27 pm »
.... Steve, I don't think they get jailed just for being homeless veterans??
I believe they earn incarceration after being found guilty of several criminal and anti-social acts.
I didnt pick up on that but agree with you, what I did notice..... his quotes....

"saying around 60% of work could be done by other agencies"

and

"He has pledged not to outsource policing services."          &shake&

Offline Dave

« Reply #136 on: May 08, 2016, 09:25:00 pm »
I think this appointment might turn out a big mistake by the electorate who voted not having a clue about the person other than the fact that he's a) Plaid Cymru and b)an ex Police Inspector which in the grand scheme of things is more middle than senior manager. He now finds himself in a position where make the Chief Constable dance to his tune. Wonder if he can be objective and not be tempted to use his new found position to extract some retribution for his failure to get nearer to the top when in the force.
He has , In my humble opinion, demonstrated that he isn't exactly the type of person fit for the job with his stupid comments about how to undermine GCHQ.

Offline bigbadhenry

« Reply #137 on: May 09, 2016, 08:00:26 am »
Jobs for the boys

Offline SteveH

« Reply #138 on: June 14, 2016, 12:34:27 pm »
We need more dashcams on North Wales' roads to tackle dangerous driving, says commissioner.

More motorists should use dashboard-mounted cameras to tackle deaths on the roads, says the new police and crime commissioner.
Plaid Cymru’s Arfon Jones, who was elected last month, says footage from dashcams can play a role in securing convictions and deterring dangerous driving.

Mr Jones said: “Dashcams in cars and helmet-cams used by cyclists can show near misses and anti-social driving, and I think we should do more of this and use more evidence from people.
“It’s vitally important for us all that we find these people who drive in an anti-social way and get them off the roads as soon as possible.

Do you think more dashcams on the roads are a good idea?
http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/need-more-dashcams-north-wales-11469978

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #139 on: June 14, 2016, 02:04:42 pm »
We captured a driver who turned Right across us in Mostyn St this morning, causing me to brake, so they're useful to have beyond doubt.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
« Reply #140 on: June 14, 2016, 04:06:46 pm »
Yes Steve, every car should have them as there are a lot of idiots on the roads nowadays.     The strange thing with dashcams and satnavs is that unless they are fitted outside of the range of your windscreen wipers then they are illegal.
Mine had to be removed before it would pass the MOT.
I've not heard of anyone being stopped by the Police because of the position of their dashcam/satnav  but if they are, then they should look at the positioning of the equipment in the Police car  because I'm unaware of any legislation that excludes them from this type of thing

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #141 on: June 14, 2016, 04:21:34 pm »
We captured a driver who turned Right across us in Mostyn St this morning, causing me to brake, so they're useful to have beyond doubt.

I was in a bus on the weekend and someone pulled straight into the bus from a holiday park near Abergele. It was a double decker if the driver hadn't have been so quick to slam his brakes on they would have been flattened! I expect buses have cams for insurance purposes.

Offline DVT

« Reply #142 on: June 14, 2016, 06:43:30 pm »
Useful to have in case of an incident - Yes - but not for those who simply go out looking for people who are driving carelessly, then posting the footage on youtube or sending to the press.  Are all drivers supposed to be police nowadays?

Cyclists are the worst of the lot for posting footage, and are the worst of the lot when it comes to careless "driving".

That's my rant for the day!!!

Offline Hugo

« Reply #143 on: June 14, 2016, 06:57:25 pm »
Like cycling two or three abreast going up the hill on the A470  from Nev's Garage.             *cycle*          &shake&

Offline SDQ

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #144 on: June 14, 2016, 10:50:27 pm »
Like cycling two or three abreast going up the hill on the A470  from Nev's Garage.             *cycle*          &shake&

They do that on purpose so you can't overtake until the opposite lane is clear, instead of trying to squeeze through and risk clipping the cyclist. I can see the merit behind the thought but it does frustrate the motorist being held up for a few seconds/minutes.
Valar Morghulis

Offline Hugo

« Reply #145 on: June 15, 2016, 10:29:23 am »
I have driven behind them on the straight flat stretches of the A470  past Tal Y Cafn  and that can be dangerous for the cyclists because of the speed of some impatient drivers.

Offline SteveH

« Reply #146 on: June 21, 2016, 04:22:17 pm »
A dog with a keen nose for sniffing out illegal substances joined officers in a drugs operation in Llandudno on Saturday night.

Response officers, assisted by Special Constables, along with the drugs dog were involved in the work which saw them undertake foot patrols around town and called at a number of licenced premises.

No arrests were made however the drugs dog did indicate a number of individuals who admitted to officers that they had taken drugs earlier in the evening.

One of the officers involved in the operation, PC Liam Gray said:  “The people out that evening were receptive of the dog,  seemed happy to see the dog was out working and people seemed re-assured.”

District Inspector Kelly Isaacs added: “This operation is just part of the pro-active work that we undertake in the area to crack down on drugs. We will continue to use various methods to tackle the sale and use of illegal substances.”

Offline SteveH

« Reply #147 on: July 18, 2016, 11:44:34 am »
Every dog owner needs to watch this, and be aware that it is pets, and not wild dogs that are involved in these attacks.

WATCH: Film aimed at reducing dog attacks on livestock
AN EMOTIONAL film which gives an insight into what can happen when a dog (your pet) is let off its lead in the countryside.

Sergeant Taylor...."The consequences can be financially crippling to farmers and devastating to dog owners who may see their family pets destroyed. No one benefits when dogs are not kept under control, is just lose - lose.”

More and film.... http://www.northwalespioneer.co.uk/news/164398/watch-film-aimed-at-reducing-dog-attacks-on-livestock-launches-in-prestatyn.aspx

Offline SteveH

« Reply #148 on: August 25, 2016, 02:12:50 pm »
Any worthy causes out there.............

North Wales public to decide how cash seized from criminals is spent.
The way cash seized from crime kingpins is spent will be opened up to a public vote.
Ill-gotten gains will be put to good use with local groups urged to bid for a share of £40,000.
The cash on offer includes money confiscated from offenders through the Proceeds of Crime Act, along with a contribution by Police and Crime Commissioner Arfon Jones.

Members of the public will vote for the winner online, with £2,500 apiece for two groups in each county and £5,000 each for two groups that operate across North Wales.

The Community Fund is being set up jointly by Arfon Jones and the North Wales Police and Community Trust (PACT).
Mr Jones said: “I think it’s an excellent idea that money coming from the proceeds of crime is being put back into communities to repair the damage that’s been caused by criminal activity.

“It’s an opportunity for people to say what they want, what their priorities are, and what they would like to see more of, and the Community Fund is giving them money to do what they think is best for their communities.

“I think that smaller community groups can do a great deal to make communities safer, reduce crime and reduce re-offending.
http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/north-wales-public-decide-how-11797454

Offline SteveH

« Reply #149 on: September 12, 2016, 04:48:40 pm »
This is a shocking story, I have copied the text and left out the link to the photo's.   Ref Pioneer

North Wales Police Rurual Crime Team is calling for information following the incident, which has resulted in 13 dead and 3 injured sheep.
The attack happened off Groes Road in Colwyn Bay on Friday night to Saturday.

A spokesperson for the Rural Crime Team said the dog/dogs responsible have not been traced as yet and all the sheep have neck  and leg injuries.
Rob Taylor, Rural Crime Team manager, said: "I'm gutted, truly gutted at the devastation an irresponsible dog owner can cause to a defenceless animal.
"The impact is wide ranging."

Anyone who has information about the incident can call police on 101 with reference number U138955