Author Topic: Police News & Announcements  (Read 150392 times)

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
Re: Police News & Announcements
« Reply #60 on: November 20, 2014, 02:31:33 pm »
Police appeal...Liam Anderson: Appeal to find 13 year-old missing from Holyhead.
Photo and details....http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/liam-anderson-appeal-find-13-8142486

Offline SteveH

« Reply #61 on: November 21, 2014, 09:57:52 am »
A 13-year-old boy who went missing from Holyhead has been found safe and well.

Liam Anderson had not been seen since around 11am on Wednesday and police appealed for help to find him.

North Wales Police yesterday said attempts attempts to find the Anglesey teen Liam had proved “fruitless”.
But by yesterday evening he was back home safe and well.
Officers said they would like to thank the public for their help.

Offline SteveH

« Reply #62 on: November 21, 2014, 10:03:35 am »
Police launch appeal over missing 14-year-old Llandudno girl

MISSING GIRL: According to North Wales Police, Bonnie-Rose May Clarke has been found safe and well. She had been missing since Monday.

Offline Mr Tunnock

« Reply #63 on: December 18, 2014, 05:39:35 pm »
Operation mistletoe.

Police and door staff will from tomorrow be able to breath test customers if they believe they have already had enough to drink, it is operating at Club 147 and Fountains by the looks of things to begin with.
The gauge appears to be if someone is three times over the drink drive limit then that will be a good benchmark to presumably refuse them entry.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #64 on: December 19, 2014, 12:36:05 am »
Operation mistletoe.

In which case both venues takings will be DECIMATED over Xmas.

So, roughly 4 or 5 drinks is enough to BAN you from these late night premises.
I have no chance then, because I'll be going out around 6pm, and that means by 8pm I'll be unable to get served anywhere, and be trooping off home for an early night!
« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 07:41:11 am by Ian »
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #65 on: December 19, 2014, 07:25:33 am »
Oh yes Fester. And your business will be next. Just remember that cream you sell. You know. The one that stops all your aches and pains in your joints.
  Don't want any more senior citizens buying tins and tines of the stuff and then running along the pier and vaulting down into the sea and swimming to shore

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #66 on: December 19, 2014, 10:42:56 am »
Operation mistletoe.

In which case both venues takings will be DECIMATED over Xmas.

So, roughly 4 or 5 drinks is enough to BAN you from these late night premises.
I have no chance then, because I'll be going out around 6pm, and that means by 8pm I'll be unable to get served anywhere, and be trooping off home for an early night!

Agreed, what a stupid idea! Everyone's tolerances are different. My girlfriend wouldn't be able to stand after three pints of beer, whilst chaps with mine and Fester's girth are still able to hit double tops at both the bar and dartboard after a good many  ZXZ

Offline Mr Tunnock

« Reply #67 on: December 20, 2014, 11:00:13 am »
"A woman was arrested by North Wales Police for being 'drunk and urinating' in public at 4pm."

I find it very hard to believe, but there you go, it reminds me of the time I saw a mature lady being sick in the gutter after drinking from vodka bottle in the middle of Llandudno.
To be pitied rather than condemned.

Offline Dave

« Reply #68 on: December 23, 2014, 04:15:47 pm »
"A woman was arrested by North Wales Police for being 'drunk and urinating' in public at 4pm."

I find it very hard to believe, but there you go, it reminds me of the time I saw a mature lady being sick in the gutter after drinking from vodka bottle in the middle of Llandudno.
To be pitied rather than condemned.
At least it was in the gutter. I have heard of several hoteliers complain about their guests urinating in the hotel corridors. I have no pity for them at all,in fact I would add a sizeable amount to their final bills before evicting them immediately no matter what time of day or night.
As for breath testing customers before going in to bars and clubs, that's a difficult one to pass comment on. It's a sad state affairs that we need doormen in these places in the first instance. Some of us can enjoy a drink without causing trouble , others can't.

akmetr84

Police News Announcements
« Reply #69 on: March 05, 2015, 11:22:46 pm »
I'm just going to put this out there
I thought this part of the forum was for Announcements and News.
Don't ask me why. I just sort of thought, with the heading and all.
Maybe it should be changed to Name My Second Hand Guitar or What's My Number Mean?
Your thoughts?

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #70 on: March 06, 2015, 08:17:32 am »
It was originally destined as a Police topic, moderated by a local officer and, er...policed by the Police, in effect.  However, he was moved to another location, so this topic returned to being a more general topic regarding police. But you do have a point: a lot of what's been said in here could have been in any of several other topics. I suppose the reason we've never renamed it is simply that at some point we're hopeful that another local bobby with good internet skills will come along and offer to moderate their own topic.

Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #71 on: March 06, 2015, 09:59:20 pm »
Good old Ian. Always the diplomat

Offline SteveH

« Reply #72 on: May 30, 2015, 10:36:22 am »
appeal for information to find man who went missing from Merseyside and is thought to have travelled to Llandudno

http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/police-fears-grow-paul-gardner-9358514

Offline SteveH

« Reply #73 on: June 01, 2015, 02:08:18 pm »
Drug-drive testing added to drink-drive campaign

Motorists will be tested for cannabis and cocaine for the first time during an anti-drink and drugs campaign by the four Welsh police forces.
Officers will be able to take swabs from drivers' mouths to test for any of eight prescription or eight illegal drugs after a change in regulations.
The new rules run alongside the existing law where it is an offence to drive when impaired by any drug.
Drivers face prosecution if they exceed limits set for the tests.
The existing penalties mean drug drivers already face a fine up to £5,000, up to six months in prison and a minimum one-year driving ban.
Those using prescription drugs within recommended amounts will not be penalised.
The All Wales Summer Anti-Drink and Drug Drive Campaign begins on Monday and runs for a month.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-32950641

Offline SteveH

« Reply #74 on: June 09, 2015, 02:07:49 pm »
JUST IN CASE THIS REACHES US.........

BE CAREFUL: Anglesey County Council has just warned its  council tenants that people claiming to be repairing electricity cables should not be allowed in until they check they are legitimate.