Author Topic: Police News & Announcements  (Read 149910 times)

Offline Llechwedd

• Sixer
Re: Police News & Announcements
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2012, 11:59:23 am »
Perhaps some one in the police force could answer this.

How is it that anyone apparently can rock up here and sell jewellery outside RBS or play saxophone, keyboards, guitar, sing out of tune etc. in Mostyn Street.  Blast out amplified racket by the library and no one comes along and chases them?

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2012, 12:42:19 pm »
The spiky haired lad that sings the Bowie covers is the most talented of the lot.  $good$

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2012, 01:30:03 pm »
Perhaps some one in the police force could answer this.

How is it that anyone apparently can rock up here and sell jewellery outside RBS or play saxophone, keyboards, guitar, sing out of tune etc. in Mostyn Street.  Blast out amplified racket by the library and no one comes along and chases them?

Quite simply because the Council (either of them) do not implement the By-laws.   Street trading is permitted on licence and if you look at my comment on another thread you will see that the Council hardly bother to issue licences.

It is just the same as Camper vans parking overnight on the Prom.  The law says, "NO!" but the Council say, "YES!"..  All they can think of is chasing the motorist as that is the easiest revenue to collect.   Load of w***ers the lot of them!
 ZXZ
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2014, 06:53:56 pm »
North Wales Police to spy on drivers using HGV cabs

Police will fit lorry cabs with cameras to spy on people using mobile phones while they’re driving to reduce the number of fatalities on our roads.
Today North Wales Police, the three other Welsh police forces and Road Safety Wales launched a major crackdown on rogue drivers who endanger lives.
The two-week all-Wales campaign from October 6-19 urges drivers to “keep their eyes on the road” and not be distracted by answering phones, reading texts or going online.

http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/north-wales-police-spy-drivers-7873826

Offline SteveH

« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2014, 05:26:03 pm »
Ref DP blog.          Blue Horsebox stolen from Penrhynside. Keep a look out. Make sure you make your items secure.
3:09 PM - 5 Oct 2014

Offline SteveH

« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2014, 10:39:40 am »
STARTS TODAY....        6th....19th  OCT       Not that we need to be told?

Police crackdown on drivers using mobiles at the wheel.

All four forces in Wales have launched a two-week campaign which will run until 19 October and involve Go Safe safety camera vans.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/wales/north_west_wales/

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2014, 06:55:36 pm »
A Hong Kong movie theatre asks its patrons to leave their cell phones ON when they enter the movie. 
Using that, Volkswagen made an eye opening ad...

https://www.youtube.com/embed/JHixeIr_6BM?rel=0&autoplay=1&iv_load_policy=3

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2014, 07:02:32 pm »
Link don't work for me!   WWW

Try this
http://youtu.be/JHixeIr_6BM
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline SteveH

« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2014, 07:50:17 pm »
A Hong Kong movie theatre asks its patrons to leave their cell phones ON when they enter the movie. 
Using that, Volkswagen made an eye opening ad...

Excellent , should be shown every week.     $good$

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2014, 10:37:28 pm »
If the Police and the Government think that driving whilst using a mobile phone is dangerous, which it obviously is then they should amend the law accordingly and increase the penalty for doing so.
At present the penalty of only three points on your licence is absurd and should be increased to deter these irresponsible motorists from committing this offence.

Offline SteveH

« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2014, 11:45:05 pm »
Increased penalties ?..The mobile phone chat, made me think how many still not wearing seat belts...
Why do so many drivers shun seatbelts?
It is more than 30 years since it became illegal to drive without a seatbelt, yet up to two million drivers in the UK are still risking it, with 47% not knowing it could incur a fine, according to a new survey.

So how is it that a poll by LV car insurance has found that 6% of drivers in the UK are still taking to the roads without a seatbelt?

As well as the safety risks of not belting up, there is considerable risk to the wallet - not wearing a seatbelt carries a fine of up to £500. According to the survey, £8.2m in fines have been issued so far this year to 80,000 drivers.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-magazine-monitor-29416372

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2014, 08:28:00 am »
Seems a bit bonkers to me, why wouldn't you want to wear a seat belt that would save your life in the event of a serious crash?

Offline SteveH

« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2014, 09:58:28 am »
Seems a bit bonkers to me, why wouldn't you want to wear a seat belt that would save your life in the event of a serious crash?
The reasons given in surveys....not cool...wrinkles clothes...civil rights....uncomfortable.....got airbags. ! !
 The problem seems to be getting bigger?... although it does not affect "us", as does someone on a mobile, it is an indication of the mindset of todays drivers, not cool!
If they are not worried about there own safety ......
I think in New Zealand they take the car off people for a short time, for some minor offences ?

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2014, 10:42:59 am »
I suppose it's Darwinism in action really.  :laugh:

I survived a very serious car crash in the early 1990s, purely because I was wearing a seat belt. I was able to walk away, whilst a back seat passenger in the same car who wasn't wearing a  seat belt was thrown through the rear windscreen and landed up 20 feet away on the road with serious injuries.

Offline SteveH

« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2014, 05:06:40 pm »
I survived a very serious car crash in the early 1990s, purely because I was wearing a seat belt. I was able to walk away, whilst a back seat passenger in the same car who wasn't wearing a  seat belt was thrown through the rear windscreen and landed up 20 feet away on the road with serious injuries.
Same here, in the 70s on black ice, very slow no other vehicle....no seat belt...nearly lost my right leg, in hospital for months, a hard lesson, but seat belts now second nature, as is checking lights and tyres etc..... here's hoping they see sense soon. :(

Just remembered, nothing to do with seatbelts but in my hospital ward, I think there were about 30 of us, of the 30 only 5 walked out on there own two feet.....we had been in cars, the others on motorbikes.?