Author Topic: Police News & Announcements  (Read 150010 times)

Offline Jack

Re: Police News & Announcements
« Reply #120 on: March 30, 2016, 05:17:20 pm »
When I passed my test (20 something years ago) it was a 60mph zone, then a 40 and now a 30. Then again the mini roundabout wasn't there then and there were lots of accidents at the crossroads nor was the little housing estate (The Links) where the GPO were.

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #121 on: March 30, 2016, 05:47:28 pm »
Just seen the dreaded speed tax camera van on the road from Penrhyn Bay to Llandrillo College, not in it's usual position near the college, this time it is parked off the road behind a wall near the houses at the Penrhyn Bay end of the road, driving from the college towards Penrhyn Bay it will be tricky to spot, very sneaky! Luckily most drivers flash lights to warn others!

During lunch today a friend mentioned the camera van, and then he showed me the remarks on Facebook regarding the above, words fail me as to how this is allowed, disgusting,I am no saint, but these comments are obscene.
It reminds me what a great Forum this is, ....Thank you.

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #122 on: March 30, 2016, 06:05:17 pm »
Where was it on facebook? Did not see that?
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
« Reply #123 on: March 30, 2016, 06:15:21 pm »
I''m not on facebook and have no intention of ever being on it for that type of reason.     It's a shame that people can make obscene remarks on computers and not be accountable for them.

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #124 on: March 30, 2016, 06:50:21 pm »
To be fair it is mostly fine on Facebook, I have been on there for a few years now!
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Gwynant

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #125 on: March 30, 2016, 07:40:50 pm »
When I passed my test (20 something years ago) it was a 60mph zone, then a 40 and now a 30. Then again the mini roundabout wasn't there then and there were lots of accidents at the crossroads nor was the little housing estate (The Links) where the GPO were.
        Unfortunately I can tell you exactly when the 30mph limit came into force there! I used to travel to work for 29 years on that route from Llandudno to Mochdre from 1969 to 1998 and I remember the limit being reduced from 60 to 40mph during that time. Up till then when it was unrestricted it used to be known as the "Links Stretch" in the 60's and 70's after the Hutchison and Wilde BMC garage there, later the GPO, where the houses are now. I switched jobs in May 1998, and while travelling on that route shortly afterwards to try and sort out problems with my PAYE at the Colwyn Bay tax office I was surprised to see two Pcs with a "Speed Camera" by the old Links Garage and I thought "why are they here if it's 40mph" as I drove past at 38 mph. I subsequently received a £40 fine and endorsement a few days later and have been suitably careful ever since.
        Incidentally we passed the "Arrive Alive" van on the road between the Fon Tom chip-shop in Deganwy and the Junction at about 3pm today, they are normally at the bottom of Tyn-y-Coed or on the approach to Maggie Murphy's when they are in that area. The really annoying part of this story is that I eventually got a £58 rebate from the Tax Office which was immediately wiped out by the speeding fine, (stop laughing Hugo.....).

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
« Reply #126 on: March 30, 2016, 08:02:21 pm »
Well, you win some and you lose some Gwynant!       ;D

Now it's your turn to have a laugh.    Many years ago Colwyn Road had  a 30 mph restriction on it and I was driving along it on the way to work one morning.
The cops were tucked in the gateway of the Villa Marina armed with their radar guns and my friend Tommy D from the estate was parked a short distance away.   Needless to say I was stopped for speeding doing 35 mph in a 30mph zone and got fined £5.00
When I spoke to Tommy afterwards he said that the next person didn't actually stop and they chased him and caught him in Penrhyn Bay and he got fined £4.00

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #127 on: March 30, 2016, 09:22:32 pm »
In the distant past I was stopped time and time again speeding, but I never got booked or had a fine or anything. I used to get a good telling off and my response must have been to project a young respectable man who would in future mend his ways. Off you go.
  I don't really remember when I got my first ticket but it was probably around 2002. I was quite annoyed

Offline SteveH

« Reply #128 on: March 31, 2016, 01:15:43 pm »
North Wales Police's top tips on how to keep your house safe this summer      RefPioneer

HOMEOWNERS are being warned to make sure their property is secure as daylight hours get longer and people spend more time out and about.
North Wales Police have said opportunist thieves will target homes where windows are left open or where doors and garden gates are left unlocked.
DS Elfyn Hughes said; “We often see a rise in burglary as the days get longer and the weather improves, so we’d urge residents be mindful of this tendency and to take responsibility for securing their homes and possessions.
“Taking just a few steps can make a big difference in keeping your home safe from burglary.
“Lock your doors and windows every time you leave the house, even when you're just out in the garden.

“Hide all keys, including car keys, out of sight and away from the letterbox, Never leave keys in hiding places such as under flower-pots or on top of door-frames. Burglars know where to look.

“If you're not sure who is at your door, don't open it and check the identity of the caller by calling the company they are claiming to be from, for example, a gas, electricity or water company or the council or police.

“If you’re going away on holiday avoid discussing holiday plans on public social networking sites - burglars can use any information you post on there to their advantage.”

Advice from police includes, where possible fit an alarm and security lighting, to make sure the fences around your garden are in good condition, to keep ladders and tools stored away, to ensure side gates are locked and to remove valuables from view of ground floor windows.

Anyone with information about burglaries should contact North Wales Police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.

Offline SteveH

« Reply #129 on: April 03, 2016, 05:10:39 pm »
Just in case................

Police issue security warning over Santander cashpoints
Police have warned people in Lancashire and Wilmslow, Cheshire not to use Santander cash machines over fears they have been compromised.
The warning follows reports of suspicious devices on the bank’s machines across the county last week.
Officers are concerned that criminals have targeted the machines in an attempt to steal card details and cash, and urged those who have lost money to contact the bank.

A spokesman for the force said it feared the issue could be more widespread. He said: “We are advising the public to be vigilant, in particular of Santander machines, but of any cash machines.

More    http://www.theguardian.com/business/2016/apr/03/santander-cash-machine-users-warned-by-police

Offline SteveH

« Reply #130 on: April 05, 2016, 03:23:36 pm »
Desperate search launched for Llandudno missing man by family and friends

Michael Bryn Jones from Llandudno was last seen on Saturday, April 2 and his loved ones are becoming increasingly concerned for his safety.

MORE AND PHOTO..   http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/desperate-search-launched-llandudno-missing-11139935

Offline Bosun

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #131 on: April 26, 2016, 08:56:12 am »
His behaviour is more akin to that of an errant teenager, yet he aspires to be in charge of the Policing of North Wales. A complete cretin.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2016-wales-36132140
Being negative only makes a difficult journey more difficult. You may have been given a cactus, but you don't have to sit on it.

Offline Dave

« Reply #132 on: May 02, 2016, 12:25:55 pm »
One of the unfortunate things about the elections for the position of Police Commissioner is that you receive very little information about candidates unless you seek it out. The majority of voters ( who bother) will no doubt stick to their traditional favourite political party and vote for that person although if you can add former Police Inspector to your voting paper I'm sure it might help sway a few folk to vote for you.
It's a nice little number being elected, and it's a question of jobs for the boys once you get in.
http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/north-wales-police-boss-row-10649352
I'm not sure why they are needed but there again from recent findings in the Hillsborough Inquests maybe we certainly do. It seems some officers of the law have a total contempt for it.

Offline SteveH

« Reply #133 on: May 08, 2016, 04:12:55 pm »
And the winner is.............
Plaid Cymru PCC candidate Owain Arfon Jones who was "Overjoyed and overwhelmed"
A retired North Wales Inspector, Mr Jones worked for 30 years as both a uniformed and plain clothes officer.
Currently a Wrexham councillor, Mr Jones said his first job as PCC would be to review policing in North Wales, saying around 60% of work could be done by other agencies.
He also wants to give all frontline police officers body cams to improve evidence gathering and get more secure convictions. He has pledged not to outsource policing services.
He said: “A lot of money is wasted by arresting the most vulnerable in society. Jailing homeless veterans is self defeating.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #134 on: May 08, 2016, 04:26:22 pm »
.... Steve, I don't think they get jailed just for being homeless veterans??
I believe they earn incarceration after being found guilty of several criminal and anti-social acts.
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -