Author Topic: Put a Name to a Face...  (Read 4097 times)

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
Put a Name to a Face...
« on: September 08, 2010, 06:12:07 pm »
Whilst sorting through all the photos from the old Forum, I found a few of people that I didn't recognise. Maybe they were uploaded but never posted? Anyway, I have posted them all to the 'People' Album in the Photo Gallery:

http://threetownsforum.co.uk/forum/index.php?action=media;sa=album;in=8

and if you recognise any of them, perhaps you could let me know and I will add in the information?

If you would like to post a particular photo from the Gallery here, simply click on the thumbnail so a larger image appears and then click on 'details' (bottom right of popup photo). The photo will then load in the main screen and, underneath it, you will see a range of options. The one you want is BBC Embed Code, just copy the bit of code to the right and paste in into your message. When the message is posted, the relevant photo will appear. It really is much simpler to do that it sounds!  :D

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
Re: Put a Name to a Face...
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2010, 09:33:31 pm »
Thanks to both Trojan and Hugo for identifying all of the people in the photos.

Remember, all forum members can upload their photos into any of the Albums, so please feel free to add some if you like. All you have to do is choose the Album you want to add the photo to, then click on it to display the Album contents, then click on either Add an item to this album or Mass Upload (if you have several photos to upload at once). Just remember to fill in the title of each photo you upload so it can be easily found using a Search in the future, something like 'Castle Hotel, Conwy - 2010'.

All the Albums can be viewed here:
http://threetownsforum.co.uk/forum/index.php?action=media;sa=vua

Current categories are:

Maps (4) By DaveR
Advertiseme­nts (35) By DaveR
Press Cuttings & Snippets (22) By DaveR
People (62) By DaveR
Photos & Postcards (Before 1900) (31) By DaveR
Photos & Postcards (1900 - 1940s) (168) By DaveR
Photos & Postcards (1950s - 1970s) (62) By DaveR
Modern Photos & Postcards (1980s - Present) (61) By DaveR

...and I'm happy to start more Albums if they are needed.  ;)

Offline Sara

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2010, 11:40:02 am »
Dave, photo 14 is my mum Nerys Meiryl Jones Llandudno Rose Queen 1950 pictured with her court on the steps of Epinoy in Lloyd Street.
Photo's 25,26 & 27 are of my Taid PC44 David Jones taken in the 1930's i think in Llandudno.

Sara

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2010, 12:30:44 pm »
Thank you, Sara, I have added in the correct titles to them all, together with the locations I recognised.  :)

If you, or indeed anyone else, has any similar photos, we would love to see them.

Offline Micox

• Ad Free Member
  • zooooooooot
    • family history
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2010, 05:49:46 pm »
The photo entitled 'Meirion' is Meirion Evans from Cwm Place. His Dad used to be the 'watchie' for the then extensive Tyldesleys building site at the back of Cwm Place where we used to play Levo. He never caught us. His brother 'Gron' was one of my Dad's mates - he was a very nice bloke.
Micox

Offline Trojan

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2010, 10:02:37 pm »
The photo entitled 'Meirion' is Meirion Evans from Cwm Place. His Dad used to be the 'watchie' for the then extensive Tyldesleys building site at the back of Cwm Place where we used to play Levo. He never caught us. His brother 'Gron' was one of my Dad's mates - he was a very nice bloke.

He worked on the railway for many years, and sadly passed during the summer.