Author Topic: manderlin,llandudno junction  (Read 7848 times)

Offline suepp

• Ad Free Member
Re: manderlin,llandudno junction
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2011, 04:52:50 pm »
I think there are a few pics of the Lido on the photo gallery. It was situated in the residential  area  Deganwy Beach /Traeth Melyn.

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2011, 06:08:48 pm »
You won't find the Lido Lorri because it was demolished many years ago which is a great shame as Llandudno did not have a bathing pool for many years afterwards.
Like Suepp said it was on the western side of Deganwy Road in  Deganwy and was demolished and the housing estate of Traeth Melyn built there.  The grounds of the Lido bounded the 12th hole of the  Maesdu Golf Club 

Offline suepp

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2011, 06:26:58 pm »

Offline Hugo

« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2011, 08:11:28 pm »
thanks again and this is the photo my dad jimmy is the one on the right

The three lads in the photo will be older than me, but does your Dad remember the lad on the left of the photo as his face seems familiar? 

Offline lorri

• my dad in his younger days from llandudno
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2011, 08:28:46 pm »
Thanks sue and hugo when i was on google last night with him he said u turned down the beach road little housing estate so he had the right place then i kept saying it couldnt of been there but he was right  ;D
Hugo my dad says yes he remembers him well they was good friends the three of them all worked at the imperial hotel around 1958/1960 he said the guy on the left was irish and his name was leo

Offline Trojan

« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2011, 11:48:11 am »
Thanks sue and hugo when i was on google last night with him he said u turned down the beach road little housing estate so he had the right place then i kept saying it couldnt of been there but he was right  ;D

Does he remember a white concrete bridge that spanned the railway line? It would have been where the housing estate is today.

Offline lorri

• my dad in his younger days from llandudno
« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2011, 04:23:23 pm »
trojan he says yeah he remembers the bridge you asked about  ;D

Offline Hugo

« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2011, 06:28:08 pm »
We used to stand on that rainbow shaped concrete bridge as the trains went underneath and the whole bridge used to vibrate.       :o

I thought that the face was familiar but I must have been thinking of someone else as I don't know anyone called Leo. Sorry about that.