Author Topic: Anyone remember Blodwel childrens home...  (Read 7263 times)

Offline lorri

• my dad in his younger days from llandudno
Anyone remember Blodwel childrens home...
« on: July 19, 2011, 12:41:05 pm »
Hi does anyone remember or was at a childrens home called blodwell at llandudno junction ? my father was there from about 1947 tll 1960 his name is jimmy barr,he moved to nottingham in 1962 because he had met my mum. He contacted social services etc for any info on himself or the home but they stated that any records had been lost...my father does recall that blodwel was changed to a rest home for the elderly after her had left.....or can anyone in this forum remember a jimmy barr he worked at the imperial hotel (i think its called) when he was 15/16 years old as well. $thanx$

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
Re: Anyone remember Blodwel childrens home...
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2011, 01:28:59 pm »
It's now called Plas Blodwell (formerly Plas Tre Marl?) and is in Broad Street, Llandudno Junction. It is run by North Wales Housing Association as offices, I think?

Offline lorri

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2011, 01:35:46 pm »
thankyou for the info. $good$ .its a shame that any records for blodwel have been lost  $thanx$

Offline suepp

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2011, 03:11:25 pm »
it was a residential home for the elderly in the 1970's, I remember it as a children's home before that, shame about the records. There are probably lots of people in the Junction who remember it or worked there.

Offline lorri

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2011, 12:53:39 pm »
thanks sue,hopefully there will be people on this site that remembers people from blodwel between 1945 and 1960,my dad was a popular lad when he lived in llandudno so people might remember him and his sister or even recall his name,me & dad have our fingers crossed.His dad would be about 90/92 now so probably not even alive but hopefull someone might even remember him as he would of been living in llandudno,colwyn area from 1945 till recent has my dad seems to think his dad owned either hotel or b&b's but not quite sure on that lead.we just have street names like bayview road and queens road that people recall knowing him.
My dad is recking his brains trying to remember things about when he was in llandudno so hopefully he will come up with something else  :) he said the other day he use to have a great laugh when he was a young lad climbing under the promenade  collecting the money that people had dropped through the wooden slats as they walked along think he was mischievious in his day  :laugh:

Offline Cambrian

• Genealogy & Research team
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2011, 05:11:04 pm »
Chris Draper published a book in 2005 entitled "Paupers, bastards and lunatics".  This deals mainly with the old Conwy Union Workhouse but he does include some of the history of the Blodwell Home.

Offline ann

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2016, 11:50:58 am »
Hi, i was at Blodwel childrens home late 60's into 70's before the home moved to eryl wen LLandudno and i spent a further few years there. I have not managed to find anyone from those days apart from one person. My name then was Ann Ellard.