Author Topic: Celtic Summer Fair  (Read 2996 times)

Offline Llechwedd

• Sixer
Celtic Summer Fair
« on: July 12, 2011, 12:33:12 pm »
Lots of posters around telling us that there will be a Celtic fair. Gives the date and what to expect but no where does it say where it will be, apart from Llandudno.  Am I right in assuming that Madoc Street will be closed?  Or, perhaps it will be down by Iceland or maybe Bodafon Fields?????  Honestly this place is run by amateurs.

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
Re: Celtic Summer Fair
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2011, 01:38:37 pm »
It will be in Madoc Street and it costs £1 to go in. :o Now how on earth are they going to levy a charge to walk down a street unless they barrier the whole thing off ! ? Should be entertaining.
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2011, 02:15:57 pm »
 :o  you have to pay to walk down a public street!! is that legal?
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Blodyn

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2011, 02:27:32 pm »
When they had the winter Celtic fair there it was still possible to walk along the pavements and visit the shops but all the stalls faced into the middle of the road and you had to pay to get to them.  My OH and I went to one of the winter fairs a couple of years ago and after paying to get in discovered that we had less than £2.00 between us - there wasn't much we could buy for that amount!

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2011, 04:02:29 pm »
When they had the winter Celtic fair there it was still possible to walk along the pavements and visit the shops but all the stalls faced into the middle of the road and you had to pay to get to them.  My OH and I went to one of the winter fairs a couple of years ago and after paying to get in discovered that we had less than £2.00 between us - there wasn't much we could buy for that amount!

If you mean the one this last winter the wooden huts all faced outwards towards the pavement and shops.
I was selling Christmas Cards for Hope House and we had an entertaining time watching the nail bar at work !
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Blodyn

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2011, 04:47:08 pm »
Sorry, Nemesis, my memory's obviously playing tricks.  I must have gone past when everything was closed as I thought that they were facing inwards!  The one we paid to go in was on Mostyn Champney's.  If the booths face outwards on Madoc Street again, I agree that it will be rather difficult to charge!