Author Topic: Room with a view  (Read 99259 times)

Hugo

• Ad Free Member
Re: Room with a view
« Reply #705 on: April 29, 2018, 10:13:32 PM »
I was going to say Billy Zane stayed there but then realised that he isn't as famous as you.    ;D       Those hills?  could it be in the Wrexham area?

The Worthenbury Manor and the Grosvenor Pulford Manor look like nice hotels if you are in that area

snowcap

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #706 on: April 29, 2018, 11:32:16 PM »
looks like Minera mountain in the first photo,as this place got two golf courses Carden Park perhaps

hollins

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #707 on: April 30, 2018, 07:32:41 AM »
No, I am much deeper into Wales at Llangoed Hall between Builth Wells and Brecon. The drive here almost all on the A470 was spectacular, 100 miles or so of beautiful unspoilt countryside and villages.
I was at a yarn fair at the Royal Welsh Showground and today I am going to visit the National Botanic Garden of Wales.
The hotel was owned by Bernard Ashley, husband of Laura Ashley. When he died the family sold it to Von Essen hotels which went bust so I think they had a difficult time then.
Pleased to say the place is still looking fabulous. They have a wonderful private collection of paintings.
The famous guest the waiter was telling me about was Theresa May!

DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #708 on: June 05, 2018, 12:37:04 PM »
Just back from a lovely holiday at the Athena Beach Hotel in Pafos, Cyprus. Lovely weather, great hotel, fantastic staff.  :)  8)

Bri Roberts

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #709 on: June 05, 2018, 12:45:57 PM »
Very nice, DaveR.

Is that the hotel with a few artificial surface flat bowling greens onsite?

DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #710 on: June 06, 2018, 08:46:41 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Very nice, DaveR.

Is that the hotel with a few artificial surface flat bowling greens onsite?
That's the one, Bri. They seem to have a lot of bowling tournaments out of season.

Where did you stay?

Bri Roberts

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #711 on: June 06, 2018, 06:01:01 PM »
We stayed a couple of time a few doors down in the Louis Phaethon Beach Club when the kids were younger?

I will always remember walking up to a bar near you to watch a football match and talking to a Mr Trevor Whyatt who informed me he used to be the Conwy Harbour Master.

Small world !!

DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #712 on: June 18, 2018, 11:54:04 AM »
Just had a little break at the Grosvenor Pulford outside Chester. Great hotel and the Spa there is fantastic - highly recommended.