Members' Lounge > Travel

Room with a view

(1/155) > >>

hollins:
Does anyone have any photos of a room with a view that they have stayed in?
Most people take a photo from their hotel room or apartment when they are on holiday.
Maybe someone would like to put the name and a bit of info about the accommodation and whether they liked it or not.
Great views or grotty views would make interesting reading.
Unfortunately, probably not many people take the grotty views unless they are making a complaint but here is a nice one to start the ball rolling.

This is taken from the Hotel Pavillon Henri 1V in St Germain-en-Laye near Paris.
It is a great hotel for escaping the centre of Paris. The views from it are amazing, the service a bit quirky (French)!
It is about half an hour on the RER (fast train) from the centre of Paris.

TheMedz:
Taken in Florence (the original city of the book "A Room with a View") we dropped lucky and got an apartment (first floor in the second picture) with a balcony overlooking the Duomo and the piazza in front of it. A perfect "people watching" location.

hollins:
Goodness me! What a fantastic position. How lucky were you!
Did you book it directly with the owners?

TheMedz:
We booked it through the hotel's web site

http://www.palazzogambaflorence.com/apartments.phtml

That particular apartment was "Rafaello"

hollins:
Thanks for that info. It looks fabulous.
I have some good memories of Florence. I was there for a week in 1982 doing some research on textiles. The company I worked for didn't want to pay much for my accomodation so they persuaded one of our competitors over there to lend me an apartment. It was okay, a bit outside the city, (I had to go in by tram) but it was above an ice cream shop. There were 25 different flavours and I tried my best to work my way through most of them during the course of the week!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version