Author Topic: Switzerland  (Read 73257 times)

Offline hollins

• Management board member
Re: Switzerland
« Reply #180 on: June 18, 2017, 08:26:31 am »
A few more.

Offline hollins

« Reply #181 on: September 25, 2017, 07:15:07 pm »
I hope these pics may be of interest to some.
Mr H bought me a scenic flight for Xmas which flew over the Swiss mountains in this Cessna aircraft.

Offline hollins

« Reply #182 on: September 25, 2017, 07:18:42 pm »
The second photo is looking down on the Jungfrau Joch.

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #183 on: September 25, 2017, 07:27:12 pm »
Nice pics. Shows how young the alps are with those sharply jagged peaks.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline hollins

« Reply #184 on: October 04, 2021, 11:14:03 am »
Hugo made me promise that if we ever got back to Switzerland that  I should post some pics on here to remind him of his own past travels and to see another world.
So here are some walks that we have done over the past fortnight.
As far as the travel goes it was the first time abroad for us since Feb 2000 and it was a bit of a pain doing all the various tests. There were enormous queues for check in going out at Manchester and coming back from Zurich. We had paid a little bit more to go with Swiss in business class and this was money well spent as we avoided all this queuing and you are guaranteed an empty set next to you. Masks had a to be worn at both airports and during the flights.
We had to have proof of vaccination to go into a restaurant in Switzerland. We had to fill in passenger locator forms both ways, take a lateral flow test 2 days before returning and a PCR test on return. All negative so far!

The first set of photos are from a walk we did from Thun to Sigriswil which ends on this amazing bridge. It is called a Panorama walk and it was certainly that with beautiful views of lake Thun below and of the high peaks of the Eiger, Monch and Jungfrau.

The second set of photos is the walk called the Gemsweg in Saas Fee where you are surrounded by 4000m peaks which action man was happy to tell me often that he had climbed them most of them in the past!
The third set of photos were taken in Adelboden in the Bernese Oberland. This is a place that we have visited many times over the last 38 years!

Offline hollins

« Reply #185 on: October 04, 2021, 11:17:41 am »
Gemsweg in Saas Fee.

Offline hollins

« Reply #186 on: October 04, 2021, 11:19:47 am »
Adelboden.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #187 on: October 04, 2021, 03:40:32 pm »
Absolutely stunning photos of that beautiful country and thanks so much for sharing them Hollins.      Action man was so lucky to have gone up those mountains, my only claim to fame was that I did go part way up the Eiger but I didn't tell everyone that it was by cable car and only to a chalet on the lower slopes where I enjoyed a coffee with a load of Brandy in it
I'm pleased that you are now able to go abroad but it doesn't seem that long since you were abroad last time    "As far as the travel goes it was the first time abroad for us since Feb 2000"
I'm sure that you'd have withdrawal symptoms by now if it was 2000!       ;D

Offline hollins

« Reply #188 on: October 04, 2021, 03:47:44 pm »
 ))*
Sorry Hugo, you are right it should read 2020!

Offline Hugo

« Reply #189 on: October 04, 2021, 06:59:06 pm »
That's more like it Hollins         $good$

Offline hollins

« Reply #190 on: August 11, 2022, 02:48:34 pm »
Back from a trip to Switzerland. It was hot there too even in the mountains with very little snow on the tops and the glaciers busy melting.
Here's a few pics....

Offline hollins

« Reply #191 on: August 11, 2022, 02:50:07 pm »
A couple more pics.