Author Topic: John Owen(s) bn abt 1800 of Gogarth  (Read 2093 times)

Offline jom

John Owen(s) bn abt 1800 of Gogarth
« on: June 25, 2011, 02:01:41 am »
Wondered if anyone has come across this chap who was a miner from Gogarth.  Not necessarily born there however.  He had an illegitimate son John to an Ann EVANS singlewoman of ?Llwynhelig.  John Jnr. was baptised Llandudno 18 Nov 1821.  I don't know if John went on to marry Ann or not.  I do know bits re his son though.

John Jnr, a miner in 1851 and labourer in a quarry in 1861 and 71, married Susannah JONES daughter of Moses, on 17 Mar 1849 at Llangwystennin (Susannah's home).  They were living in Llandudno by 1861 at Pen y Ffrith and in 1871 at Gogarth Cottage.  Susannah died 2 Mar 1875 at Gogarth, John was present at her death.  John and Susannah had 5 children John, Edward, William, Ellinor and Elizabeth Jane.

If anyone can enlighten me further I'd REALLY appreciate it.

Offline suepp

• Ad Free Member
Re: John Owen(s) bn abt 1800 of Gogarth
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2011, 10:35:17 pm »
Hi, this may or may not be significant, but in the 1841 census there is a listing for  "Gogarth" with Mary Owens 70 Farmer, Jane Owen 40, Milliner, John Owen 20 Ag Lab and Owen Owen 15 Ag Lab. (Llan dudno district 3 pg 17)

Have come across more than one John Owens listed as  a Copper Miner at different addresses :-[,

Offline jom

Re: John Owen(s) bn abt 1800 of Gogarth
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2011, 12:39:03 am »
Thanks suepp.
I've seen that entry but not convinced it has a connection.  Mary could of course be the paternal Grandmother but Have nothing to link or substantiate.
I think (if I recall correctly), we may have family connections, though from reading some of your previous posts.  Can't recall at the moment which of mine but I have WILLIAMS (Old Telegraph), JONES (Adwy Rhydd), OWEN(S) (Gogarth) in my tree plus other Llandudno locations and its environs.  If you wish, I'd be VERY happy to swap info to see if there is a link $thanx$