Author Topic: Llandudno Pier  (Read 396138 times)

Offline Blongb

• Management board member
  • I love living in Llandudno.
Re: Llandudno Pier
« Reply #840 on: February 23, 2016, 06:56:19 pm »
the flats they build on the pier pavillion site will block the noise
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Can't wait for that to happen as it would drive a coach and horses through the planning regulations that prevent us from redeveloping our place into very expensive and desirable Apartments and I know of several others on North and South Parade who would be queuing up to convert as well, so be very careful when you bandy the Flats word about, you might get more than you bargained for. :o
Quot homines tot sententiae: suus cuique mos.
(There are as many opinions as there are people: each has his own view.)

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #841 on: February 23, 2016, 08:00:18 pm »
A lot of so-called 'planning applications' seem to depend on who you are and how much you have argued with the council !
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Mr Tunnock

« Reply #842 on: February 24, 2016, 01:35:00 am »
"lot of so-called 'planning applications' seem to depend on who you are and how much you have argued with the council !"

What a silly thing to say!

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #843 on: February 24, 2016, 09:07:41 am »
the flats they build on the pier pavillion site will block the noise
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Can't wait for that to happen as it would drive a coach and horses through the planning regulations that prevent us from redeveloping our place into very expensive and desirable Apartments and I know of several others on North and South Parade who would be queuing up to convert as well, so be very careful when you bandy the Flats word about, you might get more than you bargained for. :o
Isn't the old Doctors Surgery on the front by the Marlborough Hotel flats now? I wonder what the Planning Application said?

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #844 on: February 24, 2016, 06:06:54 pm »
"lot of so-called 'planning applications' seem to depend on who you are and how much you have argued with the council !"

Unless you know the details, may I respectfully suggest that you refrain from making such comments !
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #845 on: February 24, 2016, 07:13:44 pm »

Why is that?    It does go on as I've found out to my cost.

Offline Mr Tunnock

« Reply #846 on: February 24, 2016, 09:25:55 pm »
If there is any perceived wrongdoing by the council in refusing an application then the application can be appealed , if there is a concern regarding the granting of an application it can be referred to the local government ombudsman.
It is wrong to make remarks implying the council are in some form or another corrupt of plains vindictive.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #847 on: February 24, 2016, 11:13:35 pm »
If there is any perceived wrongdoing by the council in refusing an application then the application can be appealed , if there is a concern regarding the granting of an application it can be referred to the local government ombudsman.
It is wrong to make remarks implying the council are in some form or another corrupt of plains vindictive.

What about 'stupid' or 'incompetent'?   Could those adjectives be used possibly?
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #848 on: February 25, 2016, 06:46:47 am »
MR tunnock, it may be wrong but one hell of a lot of folk think otherwise

Offline Blongb

• I love living in Llandudno.
« Reply #849 on: February 25, 2016, 04:12:25 pm »
Check out the Local Development Plan. It clearly lays out what can and can't be developed in this part of town.
Quot homines tot sententiae: suus cuique mos.
(There are as many opinions as there are people: each has his own view.)

Offline Hugo

« Reply #850 on: February 25, 2016, 04:42:23 pm »

I wonder what the people in Anglesey would think of that?

Offline Mr Tunnock

« Reply #851 on: February 25, 2016, 10:39:14 pm »
Fester, as ever I find myself agreeing with you !

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #852 on: March 17, 2016, 01:08:52 pm »
The entrance to the Pier is being resurfaced and tidied up at present:

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #853 on: March 23, 2016, 06:02:47 pm »
This is how Llandudno pier's new kiosks look after a £100,000 revamp

Kiosks have been placed back onto Llandudno Pier after a £100,000 revamp.
Owner Adam Williams took the old booths away in January because they had become rotten and needed repairs.

They have been rebuilt at the workshops at Tir Prince racetrack in Towyn over two months and a lorry and crane gently put them back into position yesterday.
Staff now face a race against time to get them ready by Easter.
Mr Williams said: “They date from the 1990s and had become rotten.
“When we lifted them the floors fell out.
“We’ve kept the roof frames but they’ve got new windows, frames and doors.”

He added: “They arrived with a crane and lorry yesterday with out cast iron pieces and now they will be put on and kitted out.

“They look fantastic. People are saying that they look clean, new and bright, and they’re so pleased some money is being spent on the pier.
“But the kiosks have to be ready for Easter. They have to start earning their money.”
Two single and two double kiosks have been brought back to the pier with one more booth yet to arrive.
 they will be used to sell food, drink and sweets from the units to customers.
Mr William also plans to sell merchandise including seagull-shaped cuddly toys to promote the Grade II listed pier.
“We all hate seagulls but they are a big part of the pier. Nobody does any toys of them.”

The present pier was built in 1877. At 2,295 feet (700m), it’s the longest in Wales and the fifth longest in England and Wales.
PHOTOS     http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/how-llandudno-piers-new-kiosks-11085329

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #854 on: March 23, 2016, 06:29:57 pm »
£100,000? Remind me to tender for any future kiosk refurbishment work... ZXZ