Author Topic: Llandudno Pier  (Read 395921 times)

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
Re: Llandudno Pier
« Reply #210 on: January 17, 2012, 11:35:36 pm »
Venus?
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline snowcap

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #211 on: January 17, 2012, 11:40:19 pm »
 i knew that merdd just testing, see she, s not in blue jeans tonight

Offline Bri Roberts

• Management board member
« Reply #212 on: January 18, 2012, 07:28:41 am »
That is an excellent photograph.

Are those the ladies, gents and disabled toilets in the foreground that the Pier Company claim £500 from CCBC to allow the general public to use but are often closed this time of the year ?

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #213 on: January 18, 2012, 08:10:32 am »
Thanks, Bri.  :)

The Pierhead toilets are closed all Winter as the water supply to the end of the Pier is turned off and drained due to fears about pipes bursting. That also means they dont open the Cafe or Bar at all in the Winter.  :roll:

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #214 on: January 18, 2012, 08:37:51 am »
I notice the Golden Goose is now closed a few days a week so toilet facilities along the pier are currently a problem.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #215 on: January 31, 2012, 08:29:24 pm »
An update on the Landing Stage situation from someone 'in the know':

"After more than five seasons without the use of Llandudno pier after its closure following the 2006 season, and many fruitless attempts to draw strands together to create a network of funding agencies to meld Conwy CBC, Six Piers Ltd, the HLF, The Talacre Gas Field Levy Board, there may finally be a glimmer of hope at the end of the tunnel – a £345,000 scheme has been drawn up to renovate the pier and more importantly the berthing head – but as yet there is no money and no legal arrangement – but its better then nothing."

Offline No 6

« Reply #216 on: February 25, 2012, 11:59:52 pm »
I am told that Conwy CBC is at the point of issuing Invitations to Tender for the repairs needed to the pier sufficient to bring excursions ships back to Llandudno

Can anyone confirm???

Offline dwsi

« Reply #217 on: February 26, 2012, 01:33:22 pm »
I am told that Conwy CBC is at the point of issuing Invitations to Tender for the repairs needed to the pier sufficient to bring excursions ships back to Llandudno

Can anyone confirm???

Sounds like a job for DaveR

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #218 on: February 27, 2012, 06:07:50 pm »
Bah to that.  8)

I paid a flying visit to Beaumaris on Sunday and the pier there is having a lot of work done. Good to see major investment but I find the new additions to the Pierhead a bit ugly, to be honest.

Offline No 6

« Reply #219 on: February 28, 2012, 12:43:37 am »
You will be pleased to know that those massive piles, and the pontoon that had to be towed in from Liverpool are rated to vessels of a maximum GRT of

wait for it

how many tourists can be accommodated

on a ship that is less than

a whole thirty GRT!!!

Wasser point of that then?? Answers to the businesses of Beaumauris who have been so well served by Ynys Mon's forward thinking strategy when everyone else is trying to get coastal vessels like Balmoral - 600GRT - back into the area - with her capacity for 630 tourists!

Offline Bellringer

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #220 on: February 28, 2012, 12:45:16 pm »
Answers to the businesses of Beaumauris who have been so well served by Ynys Mon's forward thinking strategy when everyone else is trying to get coastal vessels like Balmoral - 600GRT - back into the area - with her capacity for 630 tourists!

But wasn't there a story in the Daily Post recently about Beaumaris Pier work and funding? Much more required than anticipated?

www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/2011/11/10/beaumaris-pier-revamp-over-budget-55578-29750625/

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #221 on: February 28, 2012, 01:21:52 pm »
From what I can see, I think they've ruined it. The new pontoon and pier extension looks ugly.  $angry$

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #222 on: March 12, 2012, 01:28:01 pm »
A couple of weeks ago, I submitted an enquiry through the Llandudno Pier website asking when the pier would be open again seven days a week because it has been closed on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays.

Today, I received a reply:

Brian

The Pier is open 7 days per week all year long, with the exception of Christmas Day.

In the Winter Months we close when the weather conditions are bad.

The Shops and Facilities on the Pier should all re open for Easter 2012.

Thank you for your enquire.

Regards

Simon Mason

General Manager

Llandudno Pier

North Parade

Llandudno

Conwy

LL30 2LP

A strange reply in more ways than one !!  *&(

Offline norman08

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #223 on: March 12, 2012, 03:00:31 pm »
who forgot to open the gates in feb then , the weather was good

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #224 on: March 12, 2012, 03:32:29 pm »
It was only the arcade that closed on mon, tue, weds, the pier itself was open when weather was good and no maintenance work was taking place.