Author Topic: Llandudno Pier  (Read 395899 times)

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
Re: Llandudno Pier
« Reply #1050 on: September 03, 2020, 09:11:11 am »
That was my first thought too

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
Re: Llandudno Pier ..............Waverley Steamer crashed into pier
« Reply #1051 on: September 04, 2020, 03:24:31 pm »
The recently relaunched Waverley Steamer has cancelled the rest of its sailings this season after it crashed into a pier on Arran.

Emergency services were called to Brodick Pier at around 5.28pm on Thursday.
The Maritime and Coastguard Agency (MCA) said 213 passengers and 26 crew were on board at the time of the collision.

Of those, 24 people reported injuries and were treated at the scene with a number taken to hospital on Arran or on the mainland by helicopter.

A statement on the MCA website said: "HM Coastguard was made aware at 5.28pm yesterday (September 3) of an incident in which a paddle steamer collided with Brodick Pier on the Isle of Arran.

"A coastguard search and rescue helicopter from Prestwick and two Helimed were sent, along with Arran coastguard rescue team.

Cont https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/waverley-paddle-steamer-crashes-pier-18879624

BBC Scotland report   https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-54025806

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #1052 on: September 04, 2020, 11:50:33 pm »
I believe you will find that the Pier Pavilion development... is DEAD in the water.
Although I mustn’t reveal my source, I’d say it’s 99.9% certain.

Many will celebrate this fact.... but be careful what you wish for!
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #1053 on: September 04, 2020, 11:50:58 pm »
Fest knows Best.  😉
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Hugo

« Reply #1054 on: September 05, 2020, 09:46:59 pm »
I believe you will find that the Pier Pavilion development... is DEAD in the water.
Although I mustn’t reveal my source, I’d say it’s 99.9% certain.

Many will celebrate this fact.... but be careful what you wish for!

Sounds promising but let's hope that it's not fake news

Offline SteveH

« Reply #1055 on: September 09, 2020, 03:55:48 pm »
THE sudden appearance of a fish and chip shop on Llandudno pier has left residents and councillors alike wondering if it has been put in the right 'plaice'.

Conwy County Borough Council planning officers are investigating ‘concerns' over the structure which first appeared on the pier before Bank Holiday weekend.

CCBC officials say they did not receive a planning application for the shop, but it turned up on the pier regardless.

Shaped like a lighthouse, the chippy was first spotted in its location near the entrance of the pier just before Bank Holiday weekend, and instantly divided opinion among locals.

cont  https://www.northwalespioneer.co.uk/news/18708015.fish-chip-shop-first-appeared-llandudno-pier-bank-holiday-weekend/

Offline Blongb

• I love living in Llandudno.
« Reply #1056 on: September 09, 2020, 04:50:44 pm »
Conwy County Borough Council planning officers are investigating ‘concerns' over the structure which first appeared on the pier before Bank Holiday weekend.

CCBC officials say they did not receive a planning application for the shop, but it turned up on the pier regardless.

The Planning Police did indeed turn up Steve, only to find they were powerless to act because it's a temporary structure which is on wheels on private land and given the fact they were all for approving that Monstrosity of a development on the Pavilion Site, I think they losted all moral authority to judge Alan Williams Lighthouse.
Quot homines tot sententiae: suus cuique mos.
(There are as many opinions as there are people: each has his own view.)

Offline SteveH

« Reply #1057 on: September 10, 2020, 05:13:44 pm »
The Planning Police did indeed turn up Steve, only to find they were powerless to act because it's a temporary structure which is on wheels on private land and given the fact they were all for approving that Monstrosity of a development on the Pavilion Site, I think they losted all moral authority to judge Alan Williams Lighthouse.

CONWY County Borough Council have confirmed that 'no breach of planning control has been committed' by the arrival of a fish and chip shop on Llandudno pier.

CCBC planning officers had been investigating following the sudden appearance of the new fish and chip shop on the pier just before Bank Holiday weekend.

They had been looking into the matter after becoming 'aware of concerns' raised by members of the public.

However, the council has today confirmed that no breach has been committed by pier owner Adam Williams as the structure is only temporary.        ref Pioneer

Offline Blongb

« Reply #1058 on: October 03, 2020, 10:13:44 am »
The top section of Adam's Lighthouse is missing this morning. Don't know if he's taking it down completely like he said he would, either way I'll keep you all posted  $good$

Offline SteveH

« Reply #1059 on: October 13, 2020, 10:04:40 am »
Coronavirus safety signs installed on Llandudno pier have been torn down by an intruder and hurled into the sea, says the angry owner.

Adam Williams said the man pulled down about 20 signs from the pier during the incident on Friday night.

He said: "It’s needless vandalism. It’s annoying, especially as it happened during the lockdown.

cont  https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/coronavirus-safety-signs-torn-down-19087067

Offline Blongb

« Reply #1060 on: October 13, 2020, 10:52:24 pm »
The top section of Adam's Lighthouse is missing this morning. Don't know if he's taking it down completely like he said he would, either way I'll keep you all posted  $good$

It's back, must of had an electrical problem . All shining brightly now. I talked to a local couple who had bought some fish and chips from the pier this morning and they said they were very nice.

Offline OrmeMac

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1061 on: November 30, 2020, 05:11:10 pm »
From facebook:

It is with a great deal of regret that we have to announce that Llandudno Pier will close from 6pm on Friday 4th December, until at least Thursday 17th December (subject to Welsh Government Review). With our Arcades forced to close, the rest of our Business is not viable at this time of year. Therefore we have no option but to close. We will be fully open (weather dependant) upto 6pm Friday 4th December, so please come along and support us if you can before then. Whilst we are away we hope you all stay Safe & Well, and if we don't see you before a Lovely Christmas. All the best Simon & The Team @ Llandudno Pier...

Offline SteveH

« Reply #1062 on: September 25, 2021, 10:30:11 am »
The glory days of Llandudno's Pier Pavilion - and how it was lost in minutes to 'blazing inferno'
The building had been a much-loved fixture of the seaside town

https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/llandudno-pier-pavilion-fire-flats-21634940?IYA-reg=a05105fc-304d-4c50-9807-edab51f779a4

Offline Blongb

« Reply #1063 on: September 25, 2021, 09:30:46 pm »
I have been reliable informed by the Fire Officer who carried out the post fire forensic investigation into the incident that there were 22 separate seats to the fire, each one of sufficient intensity to destroy the Pavilion. In his opinion it was far beyond vandalism and had to be a case of professional arson.

As that was the case, a Police / Council investigation should have looked at who had the most to gain by the Listed Pavilion being demolished and then taken appropriate action against them. But of course this is Conwy, so that didn't happen.

Offline SteveH

Re: Llandudno Pier.........New TV programme
« Reply #1064 on: September 29, 2021, 10:12:36 am »
ITV Wales next Monday at 8pm. A six part series begins called The Pier. The highs and lows on Llandudno pier, summer 2021.

sorry no further info. at the moment.