Author Topic: Llandudno Pier  (Read 396696 times)

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
Re: Llandudno Pier
« Reply #1035 on: July 16, 2020, 10:25:42 am »
Llandudno Pier owner on damage limitation and uncertain future if arcade, amusements and rides don’t get green light to open soon.

Food outlets operated as takeout only but a ruling prevented Adam Williams, managing director of Tir Prince Leisure Group who owns Llandudno Pier, from opening its entertainment section and rides; Mr Williams was informed by Conwy County Borough Council Trading Standards that these elements fit in the funfair category and cannot open at this time. The same legislation applies to Tir Prince Fun Park in Towyn, also operated by the leisure group.

As a result, Mr Williams said the pier has opened but is operating as a loss due to not having ‘X, Y and Z’.

“Saturday was good. We had a good footfall and the weather was relatively kind to us but it was a bizarre experience to open the pier to the public again,” Mr Williams said.

cont   https://www.northwalespioneer.co.uk/news/18584504.llandudno-pier-owner-damage-limitation-uncertain-future-arcade-amusements-rides-dont-get-green-light-open-soon/

Offline SteveH

« Reply #1036 on: August 05, 2020, 10:03:16 am »
The owner of Llandudno pier says some visitors to the attraction didn't appear to follow coronavirus rules "at all" as large crowds flocked to the town today.

Adam Williams said he had tried his "very best" and spent thousands of pounds to introduce safety measures at the pier, but that it was also up to visitors to show common sense.

Concerns have been raised in recent days about the crowds on the pier and what some people have described as a lack of social distancing among visitors.

The owner of Llandudno pier says some visitors to the attraction didn't appear to follow coronavirus rules "at all" as large crowds flocked to the town today.

Adam Williams said he had tried his "very best" and spent thousands of pounds to introduce safety measures at the pier, but that it was also up to visitors to show common sense.

More   https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/llandudno-pier-owner-says-visitors-18715573

Offline Blongb

• Management board member
  • I love living in Llandudno.
« Reply #1037 on: August 05, 2020, 12:42:30 pm »

Concerns have been raised in recent days about the crowds on the pier and what some people have described as a lack of social distancing among visitors.

We live right next to the Pier, but with the latest influx of Visiting Morons (and I choose my words very carefully) there is absolutely no chance of us enjoying a stroll down there until we can get a vaccine to protect us from them.
Quot homines tot sententiae: suus cuique mos.
(There are as many opinions as there are people: each has his own view.)

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #1038 on: August 05, 2020, 12:58:08 pm »
Mostyn Street is often that way especially during feeding times.

Offline SteveH

« Reply #1039 on: August 05, 2020, 12:58:51 pm »
Reading your post and looking at the photos again, I realised I could only see one mask ?  (in the top picture), very brave or..........

Offline Blongb

« Reply #1040 on: August 28, 2020, 12:13:50 pm »
Very large Lighthouse was installed at the Pier Entrance last night, I shall reserve judgement for the moment and see if it grows on me.

Offline SteveH

« Reply #1041 on: August 29, 2020, 10:11:25 am »
Very large Lighthouse was installed at the Pier Entrance last night, I shall reserve judgement for the moment and see if it grows on me.

Very large Lighthouse was installed at the Pier Entrance last night,..............Planning permission ?

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #1042 on: August 29, 2020, 02:52:20 pm »
Planning permission ?

Can you imagine the headlines if Mr Waldron made a complaint?

Offline Blongb

« Reply #1043 on: August 29, 2020, 03:57:44 pm »
It will provide a new source of Fish and Chips and I'm sure the Gulls will be very happy to have another supply of fresh cooked food

Offline SteveH

« Reply #1044 on: August 30, 2020, 10:45:07 am »
It will provide a new source of Fish and Chips and I'm sure the Gulls will be very happy to have another supply of fresh cooked food

Read last night (FB) that the price is £7.00 for a minuscule portion, not enough to share with the gulls ! !

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #1045 on: August 31, 2020, 11:46:51 pm »

Read last night (FB) that the price is £7.00 for a minuscule portion, not enough to share with the gulls ! !

I took a look for myself... I have to say I quite like it.
It’s the sort of focal point that a seaside town should have.
£7.00 for fish and chips is not unreasonable in a tourist town, and compares favourably with most other chippies in Llandudno.
The portion which drew criticism on Facebook looked pathetic,  but it wasn’t representative of the portions I saw being purchased.

Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #1046 on: September 01, 2020, 01:12:08 pm »
Same here Fester, we thought it looked fine, after all, we are a seaside town and there are plenty of other 'seaside attractions' on the pier.
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline SteveH

« Reply #1047 on: September 01, 2020, 04:10:52 pm »

I took a look for myself... I have to say I quite like it.
It’s the sort of focal point that a seaside town should have.
£7.00 for fish and chips is not unreasonable in a tourist town, and compares favourably with most other chippies in Llandudno.
The portion which drew criticism on Facebook looked pathetic,  but it wasn’t representative of the portions I saw being purchased.

Good to hear.              $good$

Offline SteveH

« Reply #1048 on: September 02, 2020, 04:53:34 pm »
Llandudno Pier's lighthouse chippy slammed as 'appalling erection' as council planners investigate
The 20ft structure appeared at the historic pier before the weekend.

John Lawson-Reay, chairman of Llandudno and Colwyn Bay History Society, said he was left "breathless" when he saw it.
He said: "It is an appalling erection on a listed building and in a Conservation Area.

https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/llandudno-piers-lighthouse-chippy-slammed-18866863

Offline Blongb

« Reply #1049 on: September 03, 2020, 01:00:35 am »

John Lawson-Reay, chairman of Llandudno and Colwyn Bay History Society, said he was left "breathless" when he saw it.
He said: "It is an appalling erection on a listed building and in a Conservation Area.

Well I live across the road from it and I like it, and as for the Planners having anything to say about it, after their appalling decision to approve the monstrous block of what will be grossly overpriced flats, they have lost all moral authority to criticise anything in the Conservation area.