Author Topic: Llandudno Pier  (Read 396135 times)

Offline pebbles

Re: Llandudno Pier
« Reply #960 on: March 09, 2018, 01:00:51 am »
When it reopens Friday will the half way entrance to Happy Valley be open too, or is he still holding out on that..?

Has it not been repaired so far to get more footfall on the first part of the pier so to give more reason to fight against removing kiosks for the pavilion site?? I know he says it's due to cost of fixing it.. ;) I for one like nipping up to HV and the pier, miss it with it being shut.

Offline OrmeMac

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #961 on: March 09, 2018, 11:37:50 am »
That gate was closed pending repair. The repair will not take place for as long as Waldron is threatening the viability of the pier.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #962 on: March 09, 2018, 05:56:02 pm »
That gate was closed pending repair. The repair will not take place for as long as Waldron is threatening the viability of the pier.

:laugh: :laugh:

Even Adam Williams hasn’t threatened that!
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline pebbles

« Reply #963 on: March 10, 2018, 04:35:43 pm »

In other words it's a PR exercise to try and get the pavillion stopped or scaled down (or at least to keep his huts/kiosks in front of it - which are entitled to be there). I am against a giant ugly pavillion build yes, but Waldron isn't who put the ride prices up by a ton is he, £3 for 3 goes on the slide instead of having half an hour.. he should think about even putting a baby changing shelf in the loos or providing something like that, now that people can't scoot up to HV to do it in their loos when they find a 1 year old full of pooed nappy while at the end of the pier ;)

Offline pebbles

« Reply #964 on: March 27, 2018, 01:23:19 pm »

When i went last Saturday, you could get on the pier at the original entrance, the gate was open. They'd also, at last, done up the ladies toilets!!!! (Still no baby change facilities on the pier though)

Offline Bri Roberts

• Management board member
« Reply #965 on: March 27, 2018, 04:14:14 pm »
For the past couple of weeks, the gents toilets at the far end of the pier are being done up resulting in the disabled toilet being available to everyone.

It is such a shame the toilets in the amusement arcade at the pier entrance remain closed.

All customers of the arcade and the pier food outlets have to walk half a mile to the end of the pier or walk just as far the other way to Wetherspoons.

Offline Blongb

• I love living in Llandudno.
« Reply #966 on: March 28, 2018, 01:03:34 pm »
For the past couple of weeks, the gents toilets at the far end of the pier are being done up resulting in the disabled toilet being available to everyone.

It is such a shame the toilets in the amusement arcade at the pier entrance remain closed.

All customers of the arcade and the pier food outlets have to walk half a mile to the end of the pier or walk just as far the other way to Wetherspoons.

Ask your local Counsellors Bri why are the public toilets at the top of North Parade still closed. Its not the responsibility of the pier to provide the only facilities at this end of town
Quot homines tot sententiae: suus cuique mos.
(There are as many opinions as there are people: each has his own view.)

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #967 on: March 28, 2018, 01:39:52 pm »
A valid point, Blongb, except my point specifically referred to all those customers of the pier who purchase food and drink from the kiosks at the pier entrance and all those pier customers spending cash inside the amusement arcade next door.

Those pier customers have no choice but to walk unnecessarily to the far end of the pier when there are toilets available within the amusement arcade.

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #968 on: April 12, 2018, 12:04:22 pm »
I think Adam Williams might be trying a new tactic in his dealings with Waldron.   WWW

A new shop dedicated to the world of Harry Potter is coming to North Wales - and you won't have to catch the train to Hogwarts to visit it.
Llandudno Pier is set to become Diagon Alley when the Wizarding Boutique opens there later this month.

A must-visit for fans of the franchise, the store is set to bring some magic to the area as the only shop in the regions dedicated entirely to authentic Harry Potter merchandise.

https://www.dailypost.co.uk/whats-on/harry-potter-shop-magic-wizard-14518486

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #969 on: May 24, 2018, 09:45:44 am »
I found this at the car boot the other day.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2018, 07:57:53 am by Ian »
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #970 on: July 18, 2018, 11:25:09 pm »
I came across this picture of a sea wall collapse at Llandudno Pier.
I’d never heard of this happening?
The guy’s clothing looks 1950’s or suchlike to me.
Anyone got any more information on this event?
Fester...

Offline Cambrian

• Genealogy & Research team
« Reply #971 on: July 19, 2018, 08:05:15 am »
There was a collapse sometime in 1957 Fester.  I have seen a photo taken from the pier and this could be the same incident.  A section of the wall collapsed and a void appeared.

Offline DVT

« Reply #972 on: July 19, 2018, 08:47:58 am »
Good find ME ...

... Surprise Item by "Taree" ... wonder what that was?

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #973 on: July 20, 2018, 12:59:05 am »
There was a collapse sometime in 1957 Fester.  I have seen a photo taken from the pier and this could be the same incident.  A section of the wall collapsed and a void appeared.

Nice work Cambrian, thank you!
Fester...

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #974 on: July 20, 2018, 11:03:25 am »
I noted the comments by the Pier Owner, with regards to the cancellation of filming, and I find his explanation bizarre, to say the least. Film companies are adept at transforming locations and then returning them to their proper state without causing any damage whatsoever. Very mysterious..

Adam Williams, managing director of Tir Prince Leisure Group, which owns the pier, described the situation as a “huge shame”.

He said: “It’s really unfortunate. We were really looking forward to it.

“The safety of the pier and the potential damage that could have been caused meant that we couldn’t proceed due to the safety of the pier.

“At no point has this been a monetary issue. In fact, we were willing to lose money just to hold the filming.

“But coming up to the latter stages of last week when we were chasing the contract, it became apparent that some of the things they wanted to do, which weren’t disclosed at the start, would need to have been managed by us or not done at all.

“It’s a huge shame, but my priority is that the pier is safe for future generations.”