Author Topic: Llandudno Pier  (Read 412104 times)

Offline Bri Roberts

• Management board member
Re: Llandudno Pier
« Reply #675 on: March 19, 2015, 08:17:27 am »
NWWN headline is 'Investors line up for £4.5m pier.'

Fester will have a new landlord by Whit.

Offline Micox

• Ad Free Member
  • zooooooooot
    • family history
« Reply #676 on: March 19, 2015, 06:39:03 pm »
 ZXZ Used to run the bar at the end of the pier (the one one the left). Talk about dilapidation! to get to the stock in the back room (or have crafty smoke) I had to negotiate spaces left by missing boards. Good views of the heaving sea below!  :D
Micox

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #677 on: March 20, 2015, 11:05:06 pm »
It's probably too much to hope for, but I would like to see Mostyn Estates buy the Pier.

They are a benevolent force in the town, and I believe that the heritage and tradition of the Pier would be well preserved, as well as managed well to turn a good profit.
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #678 on: April 02, 2015, 09:11:57 am »
Word is that the buyer of the pier could well be a local company.  ;)

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #679 on: April 02, 2015, 12:10:55 pm »
Well, there was an April fool article issued by The St George Hotel saying that they had bought the Pier.

It was quite convincing, until it turned silly at the end (see their website / blog)

H.B. Leisure, who operate the 2 arcades in Llandudno (Mostyn St) have sought to buy the Pier before, and have already made several site visits this time round.   The are thought to be the favourites to acquire it.
Fester...

Offline Dwyforite

« Reply #680 on: April 02, 2015, 03:09:11 pm »
mostyn estates buy the pier,170 years ago they would have stolen it, this was a time when a man who poached a couple of rabbits to feed a starving family would have been transported.as for being benevolent (kind and helpful) read Llandudno before the hotels.the mostyns have only ever looked towards their own interests and in the past changed allegiances more times than a whore changes her knickers to keep their wealth and power

Offline Greyhound

« Reply #681 on: April 09, 2015, 12:39:03 pm »
Just been for a walk down the pier. Hopefully we'll find out who has/might be buying it. I have to say though, I hope whoever it is puts a moratorium on the addition of new benches. They seem to have multiplied hugely since I was last there. I wouldn't mind if they were more like the metal ones at the end on the right hand side, but these heavy, chunky dark ones they put now seem to run nearly the whole length of one side and detract from the iron work and Victorian feel. I think perhaps enough is enough now.

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #682 on: April 09, 2015, 05:03:30 pm »
It is a shame those benches were not sold with some Terms and Conditions attached.  &shake&

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #683 on: April 09, 2015, 07:09:38 pm »
It is a shame those benches were not sold with some Terms and Conditions attached.  &shake&

Not sure what you're getting at Bri,  there is a contract signed when you purchase one.  Maintenance, length of contract, situation of bench etc...
Fester...

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #684 on: April 09, 2015, 07:16:45 pm »
I think the number of benches is just getting ridiculous, too. I hope the new Owners rethink the policy.

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #685 on: April 09, 2015, 08:54:35 pm »
Fester, I believe T&C's will help guide purchasers by informing them what they can do and what they cannot do with their memorial hbenches.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #686 on: April 09, 2015, 09:14:08 pm »
Still not sure what you are driving at Bri.
Are you upset about the number of them, the appearance of them, or the tributes people leave on them in memory of loved ones??

There are a very small amount of them left to come, and that's it done.
Fester...

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #687 on: April 09, 2015, 09:41:13 pm »
There are a very small amount of them left to come, and that's it done.

Please elaborate.  ?{}?

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #688 on: April 10, 2015, 12:28:15 pm »
Like I said, there are precious few places left to put them, so the price of them has been jacked up in order to deter new customers, and slow demand right down.
There are a small amount of orders in the pipeline, then no more.
I'm still unsure what your issue is though, my question went unanswered.
Fester...

Offline pebbles

« Reply #689 on: April 10, 2015, 02:06:32 pm »
I think the number of benches is just getting ridiculous, too. I hope the new Owners rethink the policy.

I agree. As soon as they announced the scheme i worried it would detract from the blue and white look of the pier.. it was ok at first, though i was disapointed they were big chunky benches rather than the more ornate type they had in the 90s by the goose (that theyve dug out of storage and put a handful down by the cafe i noticed yesterday).. but now the pier just looks like a wall of brown when you look down it, there's billions of them!!

If they have a spare bench why not donate it to marine drive seeing as 6 years on my beloved sunset bench (used to be the 3rd bench on marine drive, now there's just the 2 by the "nose" of the orme as i always called it then no more til the zig zag road!) has still not been replaced!
Ok i know, it never will, but it should be! ;)