Author Topic: Llandudno Pier  (Read 395499 times)

Offline Trojan

Re: Llandudno Pier
« Reply #45 on: January 30, 2011, 12:49:36 am »
I like that shot.  :)

The only sign of life is that seagull overhead.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #46 on: January 30, 2011, 12:45:40 pm »
I like that shot.  :)

The only sign of life is that seagull overhead.

Look closer mate, its actually a UFO !
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #47 on: January 30, 2011, 05:31:38 pm »
The Pier was closed again this morning, there were lots of people milling about outside the main entrance but they were unable to walk up the pier.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #48 on: February 01, 2011, 09:36:05 pm »
On the subject of repairs: if my reading of the covenants contained in the Pier Conveyance are correct, 6 piers are resposable for: and I quote

"And also that the Llandudno Company ( now 6 Piers ) shall and will unless and until their said Pier Landing stage and other works or some parts thereof shall cease by due authority of law to be open for public use at all times will and effectually uphold maintain and repair the said Pier Landing stage and all necessary works and conveniences connected therewith or so much thereof as shall be authorised for full use in a state and condition fit and proper for public use"

I wonder how they got out of that one, or why, when the Landing Stage was closed due to its unsafe condition, the Council didn't serve them an enforcement order to repair and restore it for Public use.
This covenant specifically applies to the new (current) Landing Stage, in a Conveyance dated 3 March 1970:

""The Purchaser hereby covenants with the Queen's Majesty and Her Successors and as a separate covenant with the Commissioners at all times to keep the said berthing dolphins and the said extensions to the landing stage at the head of the said pier in a good state of repair to the reasonable satisfaction of the Commissioners.""

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #49 on: February 01, 2011, 09:39:34 pm »
On the subject of repairs: if my reading of the covenants contained in the Pier Conveyance are correct, 6 piers are resposable for: and I quote

"And also that the Llandudno Company ( now 6 Piers ) shall and will unless and until their said Pier Landing stage and other works or some parts thereof shall cease by due authority of law to be open for public use at all times will and effectually uphold maintain and repair the said Pier Landing stage and all necessary works and conveniences connected therewith or so much thereof as shall be authorised for full use in a state and condition fit and proper for public use"

I wonder how they got out of that one, or why, when the Landing Stage was closed due to its unsafe condition, the Council didn't serve them an enforcement order to repair and restore it for Public use.
This covenant specifically applies to the new (current) Landing Stage, in a Conveyance dated 3 March 1970:

""The Purchaser hereby covenants with the Queen's Majesty and Her Successors and as a separate covenant with the Commissioners at all times to keep the said berthing dolphins and the said extensions to the landing stage at the head of the said pier in a good state of repair to the reasonable satisfaction of the Commissioners.""

The 2009 Survey of the Landing Stage can be read here:
http://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/43706/response/112658/attach/4/LLANDUDNO%20PIER%20FENDER%20REPORT%2009%2011%202009.pdf

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #50 on: February 08, 2011, 01:40:46 pm »
We went for a walk this morning and thought we would have a walk on the pier on this lovely sunny day.......it was closed again  :rage:  it can't be frozen pipes this time?
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #51 on: February 08, 2011, 02:01:19 pm »
Laziness on the part of management, I expect....

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #52 on: February 08, 2011, 02:58:54 pm »
I have to wonder if the pier's management have lost the location of their marbles, how they raise rents and then keep closing it without even putting up a sign saying' sorry we are closed due to 'xyz', will be open 'xyz''  it's all bonkers in my book :roll:
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #53 on: February 08, 2011, 03:02:33 pm »
Looked to be open this PM when we went past.
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Blongb

• Management board member
  • I love living in Llandudno.
« Reply #54 on: February 08, 2011, 08:24:05 pm »
I thought the Pier always closed for repairs in the closed season. I know it went out of fashion for a while went Leisure Parks bought it from First Leisure but if it ensures the long term survival of the Pier how can you object?
Quot homines tot sententiae: suus cuique mos.
(There are as many opinions as there are people: each has his own view.)

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #55 on: February 08, 2011, 08:27:51 pm »
Nothing to do with maintenance, just management not been bothered to unlock the gates. It was eventually opened at about 12pm today.

Offline badman123

« Reply #56 on: February 11, 2011, 10:32:59 am »
made contact with simon the pier manager almost 3 weeks ago about the tackle shop and still had no return call left several messages and still no contact from him#is this the way to run a pier?????????????

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #57 on: February 14, 2011, 06:12:28 pm »
I understand the Tackle Shop has been let to the guy from Rhos Point Tackle - his van was outside it today.

Offline andrea1976

« Reply #58 on: February 23, 2011, 08:14:10 pm »
yes it has,we got a letter from him to say he had taken over the bait shop,its going to be called pier point and we were able to renew our member ship  ;D so now when were down in march we can fish !!! L0L

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #59 on: February 23, 2011, 11:11:16 pm »
You could have fished anyway.... now you'll have to pay for the privilege !

Look forward to seeing you Andrea...   $good$
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -