Author Topic: Llandudno Pier  (Read 396066 times)

Offline OrmeMac

• Ad Free Member
Re: Llandudno Pier
« Reply #1065 on: September 30, 2021, 05:10:10 pm »
Talk about CCBC hypocrisy!

"Four reasons council officers don't want these giant wind turbines off coast of Llandudno ... the proposal would result in a detriment to the setting of heritage assets in Conwy, including (but not limited to) Llandudno Conservation Area and Llandudno Pier".

But yet a huge concrete block of flats right at the entrance to the pier is still okay?

Full article at https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/four-reasons-council-officers-dont-21724339

Offline OrmeMac

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1066 on: October 08, 2021, 04:40:53 pm »
Job description
Pier General Manager / Licensee Position
Llandudno

Unique opportunity for someone who enjoys a challenge, is highly organised and has staff management experience to play a big part in the running of North Wales’s No. 1 Tourist attraction.
We are seeking a General Manager, hospitality experience would be advantageous but not essential, organisational skills, high levels of energy and a strong will to succeed are more important.
A Personal Alcohol Licence is essential.
Reporting directly to our Business Manager & Managing Director, you will have overall responsibility for the day to day running of the business.
The Role demands an energetic person, who is able to adapt to our “Fast Paced” Environment.

https://www.facebook.com/job_opening/289960089379357/?source=share

Offline Blongb

• Management board member
  • I love living in Llandudno.
« Reply #1067 on: November 08, 2021, 11:11:33 am »
The Ferris Wheel is being dismantled as I write this post. I hope it comes back next season with the previso that it is located just a little further down the pier. We put up with the spotlights and flashing lights shinning in our windows because of the situation with regards to the pavilion plannind debarcal but I don't know if I will be so obliging next year if its put back in the same location
Quot homines tot sententiae: suus cuique mos.
(There are as many opinions as there are people: each has his own view.)

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #1068 on: November 08, 2021, 11:45:02 am »
I sympathise, BlongB.

Do you ever suffer at all from odours of candy floss or fish n’ chips?

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #1069 on: November 10, 2021, 10:03:51 am »
THE Ferris wheel on Llandudno Pier will be taken down to become a "billboard" for the town at a popular Christmas market in Yorkshire.

The £1million wheel, which has been custom-made, was assembled in late August and proved a hit with residents, attracting thousands of people to the North Shore towards the end of the summer tourist season.

cont  https://www.northwalespioneer.co.uk/news/19704941.llandudnos-ferris-wheel-taken-winter-period/?ref=rss&IYA-mail=a05105fc-304d-4c50-9807-edab51f779a4

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #1070 on: November 10, 2021, 10:51:20 am »
The Ferris Wheel has already gone, SteveH.

Offline OrmeMac

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1071 on: November 17, 2021, 05:14:24 pm »
Good to see the Llandudno Pier big wheel now fully complete in Sheffield with the full front platform in place.

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #1072 on: March 02, 2022, 01:19:17 pm »
Llandudno Pier's popular Ferris wheel is set to make a comeback in the coming weeks.

Dubbed 'The Llandudno Eye', the 69-foot tall structure will return to its home with visitors expected to be able to start riding on it soon.

The Ferris wheel saw its final night of the season during the spectacular fireworks display on North Shore on Sunday, November 5 before heading off to Sheffield's Christmas market until earlier this year where it was then returned to North Wales to be stored

The popular landmark, which made its first appearance in August 2021, was highly spoken about right across the country, attracting thousands to the town within its first week.

The custom-built ride will be set up at Llandudno Pier and will be located within the same position as last year, next to the amusement arcades.

The million-pound investment, which was purchased to help the pier sustain itself for years to come, seats 108 people in 18 Gondolas.

cont https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/llandudno-piers-giant-ferris-wheel-23245962

Offline mull

« Reply #1073 on: March 25, 2022, 10:01:11 am »
2022 Timetable for Paddle Steamer Waverley is out.

Llandudno calls have not been confirmed yet.   Subject to repairs to the pier.

https://waverleyexcursions.co.uk/plan-your-cruise/timetables

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #1074 on: March 25, 2022, 11:11:55 am »
Have you seen the condition of the pier lately?

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #1075 on: March 25, 2022, 12:04:57 pm »
How bad is it?
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #1076 on: March 25, 2022, 02:07:56 pm »
Don’t take my word for it, Ian, take a walk down it and count the number of cones.

Lift up one of the cones and what you see will surprise you.

Offline norman08

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1077 on: March 25, 2022, 02:50:54 pm »
Having been on the deck crew in the 70s  doing all the  maintenance over 5 months in the winter time to keep it up to a great standard, the times I’ve walked along lately if he doesn’t start soon it will be too bad to fix , the pylons are sound but I it is the decking .

Offline mull

« Reply #1078 on: March 25, 2022, 05:45:28 pm »
Very sad to hear that.  It does not sound good.
Hope it gets fixed before the season gets going .

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #1079 on: March 26, 2022, 09:22:52 am »
I wish that second entrance was reopened if only as a fire exit