The Local > St. David's Hospice - News & Events

Why support St David's Hospice

(1/4) > >>

STDH:

Why support St David's Hospice
St David’s Hospice is a registered charity caring for adult patients from across North West Wales, with an end of life illness such as cancer.The majority of funds we need to keep the Hospice running, come from community support and fundraising activities.
So, by raising money for St David’s, you will be helping to improve the quality of life for hundreds of patients across Anglesey, Gwynedd and Conwy.

What We Do
We provide physical, emotional and spiritual support for the patient, their family and carers, at our Inpatient and Day Care Hospice in Llandudno.St David’s sees somebody as a living person, not a dying patient and we help add life to days, even if days cannot be added to life. We provide palliative or ‘comfort’ care - including pain and symptom control, therapies, counselling and advice to support the patient every step of the way.

St David's Hospice and the people of the community it serves, organise various events throughout the year to raise much needed funds. Events will be posted here for all to see. For further information about Fundraising for St David's Hospice, please contact 01492 873664. www.stdavidshospice.org.uk  

You can also become a fan of St David's Hospice on Facebook & follow us on Twitter!

Virginia:
Hi, I am seeking to donate some of my time to a charity project. I have been recommended St David's Hospice charity shop-type work. I have done some charity shop work in Herefore before moving to N. Wales. Does anyone have any views on them, how they treat their volunteers etc? Opinions seem to vary.

Thank you

V
x

SteveH:
St Davids is a well respected local charity as is Hope House Tŷ Gobaith childrens hospice on Mostyn St.
Llandudno has many charity outlets all looking for volunteers, and I am sure you will be made very wecome which ever you choose.  ££$

Virginia:
Thank you for the reply. I have been informed that Ty Gobiath are a lovely charity, well run and supportive of their volunteers. I won't be supporting St Davids. I have heard from several sources that management just don't know what they are doing. They are so wasteful of money. I will no longer even donate to them as management wastes so much of the donations they are given. They are no longer a worthy cause in my opinion.

So thank you for steering me clear.

V
x

Fester:
Virginia,
I think you need to take a more balanced view of St Davids, your reaction after so short a time since enquiring seems harsh and uninformed.
St Davids as a hospice does wonderful work, and the palliative care of the patients is first class.
I have heard recent reports that management have been lax in terms of the appropriate allocation of funds and certain behavioural issues have been complained about.
But, isn't it better to challenge that, and change those things, rather than stifle the funding to an incredibly worthwhile organisation?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version