Author Topic: Suggestions, problems and queries.  (Read 364666 times)

Online Hugo

• Management board member
Re: Suggestions, problems and queries.
« Reply #1170 on: October 09, 2016, 02:01:21 pm »
Thanks Bosun and Steve,  I was starting to think that I was the only that was having problems with the system.    It's no more than a cash cow for Microsoft and perhaps the loonies are taking over after all.

Online Hugo

« Reply #1171 on: October 09, 2016, 02:03:40 pm »

Offline rhuddlan

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1172 on: October 09, 2016, 03:00:16 pm »
Hint....make sure you now have the anniversary update (1607).
simple to check....

http://tunecomp.net/how-to-check-if-the-windows-10-anniversary-update-is-installed-or-not/

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #1173 on: October 09, 2016, 04:03:53 pm »
My laptop which had Windows 7, upgraded itself to Windows 10 against my instructions, it  has now upgraded the Windows 10 version.
Now I can't send or receive e-mails from one of my e-mail addresses and I can't download any photos from my camera.    :rage:      :rage:
So now it's a phone call to the IT engineer and a trip down to the cash machine at the bank.        :rage:     :rage:

Nemesis, if you can, stick with Windows 7  as I'm turning into a grumpy old man with Windows 10

Still hanging on to it for dear life. ! ???
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Online Hugo

« Reply #1174 on: October 09, 2016, 04:18:54 pm »
Hint....make sure you now have the anniversary update (1607).
simple to check....

http://tunecomp.net/how-to-check-if-the-windows-10-anniversary-update-is-installed-or-not/

Thanks very much for the advice and the link Rhuddlan but you know me and my IT skills, or rather lack of them.     I'm going to leave everything to the IT chap and then I can pay him when my compo from Microsoft comes in.     ;D

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #1175 on: October 09, 2016, 07:00:29 pm »
Well, if anyone decides to defect from M$ there are at least two of us in here who know their way around Mac.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #1176 on: October 10, 2016, 09:10:54 am »
Well, if anyone decides to defect from M$ there are at least two of us in here who know their way around Mac.
But just bear in mind....

Once you go Mac, you never go back.

Online Hugo

« Reply #1177 on: October 10, 2016, 01:00:01 pm »
The IT guy called around today and fixed the problems that the anniversary update microsoft created.    At least things are back to normal but at a price.     :'(

I just hope that Microsoft don't do any more updates for a long time

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #1178 on: October 12, 2016, 09:51:42 am »
The IT guy called around today and fixed the problems that the anniversary update microsoft created.    At least things are back to normal but at a price.     :'(

I just hope that Microsoft don't do any more updates for a long time
I do find it all amazing. Don't Microsoft test their software thoroughly before releasing it? Their track record on this sort of thing is just getting worse.  &shake&

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #1179 on: October 12, 2016, 10:50:06 am »
I have to say though, I use Microsoft and Apple products, and the latest Apple upgrade to iOS10 is fraught with glitches.
The new displays are poor, the notifications are (or were) faulty when launched, and it now takes more button presses to access what were previously easy links.
I've googled these issues, and they don't even feature in the top 10 common glitches with this update!
All other updates have been pretty slick, but not this time.
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1180 on: October 12, 2016, 12:08:11 pm »
I updated last night - it's is annoying, sure I'll get used to it though. See apple pay is up and running now. Anyone ever used it?

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #1181 on: October 12, 2016, 03:59:12 pm »
Our boys do and find it easy. On Apple updates the one rule is never,  ever adopt an OS update within three months of it coming out.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 05:20:56 pm by Ian »
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1182 on: October 12, 2016, 04:25:24 pm »
It is a pest thought it keeps popping up to tell you to install it and you have to press either ok which installs it, details which brings up a web page or later which programmes it to be done later..

The only real flaw I've found so far is bluetooth is not connecting as it should straight away

Offline rhuddlan

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1183 on: October 12, 2016, 05:10:26 pm »
windows 10.  Its a pain but there continue to be  updates...ive just had to do another( and since the huge anniversary update)!
Something I've noticed is that if there seems to be a problem of any sort....go to start.... then power( as though you want to shut down)... and invariably there is an update awaiting attention via restart or shutdown. Also I have had notifications about updates which appear in the last box on the lower rhs of the screen. Best of luck!!

Apple  My wife loves her ipad but even she is cursing with their latest update. She couldn't move  pics in an email to her album!
you now have to do something different from the more obvious "save" ! I had to look up the answer on my windows 10 laptop for her.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #1184 on: October 12, 2016, 07:01:26 pm »
I use Apple Pay on the iphone all the time and its very handy, so easy to use.

Not had any problems with IOS10 at all