Author Topic: Suggestions, problems and queries.  (Read 354137 times)

Offline hollins

• Management board member
Re: Suggestions, problems and queries.
« Reply #810 on: May 15, 2013, 07:33:20 pm »
DaveR, Thanks, it is much better not having to resize the photos but I notice that the ones I have just put on seem too wide for the forum page. I seem to have to move them left and right to see the whole picture. Is there something I could do to improve that?

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #811 on: May 15, 2013, 08:03:26 pm »
DaveR, Thanks, it is much better not having to resize the photos but I notice that the ones I have just put on seem too wide for the forum page. I seem to have to move them left and right to see the whole picture. Is there something I could do to improve that?
We're going into the realm of screen sizes now. On my Mac, the photo you just posted of the (lovely!) breakfast takes up only about a 1/3 of the screen. On my iPad, I have the same problem as you, namely I have to scroll slightly left/right to see the entire photo. I've had a look and it seems 610pixels width is the largest the Forum can easily accommodate on all devices, so have altered the settings.

Can you try refreshing the page and seeing how it looks now?

Offline hollins

« Reply #812 on: May 15, 2013, 08:16:08 pm »
O'h sorry DaveR, I was working on the notebook. I should have realised the smaller screen would affect it.
I am on the laptop now and they are all perfect.
Back on the notebook the breakfast one is across the whole width but the exterior of the cafe is to one side.

I took some short video clips of the concert last night but I don't think it is possible to put those on the forum is it?

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #813 on: May 15, 2013, 08:31:31 pm »
No, it's fine, the Forum is designed to display correctly on all devices but it's perhaps inevitable that there will be the odd problem.

We can't display videos, I'm afraid, the only way is to stick them on youtube and then link to them from here.  :)

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #814 on: May 15, 2013, 08:39:15 pm »

I took some short video clips of the concert last night but I don't think it is possible to put those on the forum is it?

You also need to be careful of any copyrite associated with the performance.  It is a dodgy area.   ;)
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #815 on: May 16, 2013, 12:09:39 am »
With regard to this recent imaging improvement...

Do I still have to resize my pics to take them below 500kb size, before attempting to post them?
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #816 on: May 16, 2013, 10:29:03 am »
With regard to this recent imaging improvement...

Do I still have to resize my pics to take them below 500kb size, before attempting to post them?
No, you shouldn't have too, the software will automatically sort them out. Try it and see!  $good$

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #817 on: May 16, 2013, 08:07:54 pm »
Let me see....   Ah yes!!
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline hollins

« Reply #818 on: June 29, 2013, 07:27:58 am »
Morning Ian. I had started a topic called Art a long while ago in the Music, TV and Arts section and a topic called crochet in the Hobbies section. Maybe they could all be combined in the new Arts and Crafts one?
I know you like tidying....so do I!

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #819 on: June 29, 2013, 07:44:10 am »
 WWW  You know me so well, H!  I'll see to it now.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Linda

« Reply #820 on: July 02, 2013, 10:38:12 pm »
Morning Ian. I had started a topic called Art a long while ago in the Music, TV and Arts section and a topic called crochet in the Hobbies section. Maybe they could all be combined in the new Arts and Crafts one?
I know you like tidying....so do I!

I would be interested in that one! Hollins, Im into drawing painting and craftwork  :)

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #821 on: July 29, 2013, 08:05:00 am »
'Bengdeng' has been removed form the forum for spamming.

Must be some sort of a record;  I was online and checking every minute or so, and by the time I looked in again, there were six new topics and a moderator report by ME!
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #822 on: July 29, 2013, 08:30:02 am »
Just read another of his .

??????????????????
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline hollins

« Reply #823 on: August 20, 2013, 08:28:23 pm »
Please excuse if this is a daft question but would it be possible to have the recent posts page automatically update like it does on facebook rather than have to manually refresh all the time?

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #824 on: August 20, 2013, 08:59:01 pm »
Please excuse if this is a daft question but would it be possible to have the recent posts page automatically update like it does on facebook rather than have to manually refresh all the time?
I've just had a look and it doesn't seem as if it is possible at present, as no-one has written the piece of software that could do it. However, I've enabled a little piece of software that pops up with notifications of replies to your posts in the top right hand of the screen. Not quite what we were looking for, but let's see how it goes.