Author Topic: Suggestions, problems and queries.  (Read 354873 times)

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
Suggestions, problems and queries.
« on: September 01, 2010, 11:16:12 am »
Got an idea to improve the Forum? Or a problem? Tell us about it here.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 11:33:46 am by Ian »

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
Re: Your suggestions are welcome....
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2010, 03:09:56 pm »
I am not sure if I'm posting in the right place Dave but it's not an idea I've got it's just advice I need.

I haven't worked out how to post photos on the forum. :-[

My photos are all downsized ready to post and on the previous forum I would use the browse button to obtain the photo then position the cursor to where the photo was to go, Then I would press submit to post the picture,

When I wanted to post the next picture I went into edit and repeated the process.

Could you please advise me on the easiest way I can post any photos I've got and whether there is a limit to the number of photos that can be posted in one go. 

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2010, 03:36:19 pm »
Hello Hugo,

How to upload photos to a post.

1) After writing your post, underneath the message box, click on Additional Options.
2) Next to Attach, click on the 'Choose File' button.
3) Select the photo file you want to use from my computer's hard drive (it must be less than 300k in size).
4) If you want to add another photo, click on (more attachments) and repeat the procedure.
5) Click on Post and the message & photo should be displayed.

Its pretty much the same procedure as before, the main difference is that you just add the photos and they are displayed at the end of your post, you dont choose where they go in the post. You can add a maximum of 4 photos per post at present, although I can easily change that if you would like more.

Have a go, any problems, just let me know and I will advise.

Dave
« Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 09:30:57 pm by DaveR »

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2010, 09:41:34 pm »
Is this the right thread on which to ask a question?

If so..I was wondering how you get 'promoted' in the heirarchy.

Not being snobbish, but I wondered why Steve for example is a Lieutenant, and I am a measly ensign.
This is not a true reflection of my true greatness,  :laugh:

Seriously though, is it based on the number of postings or somesuch?
I am a little worried that Steve may be able to order me to polish his boots, or do 100 press ups.
I would like to rise to the rank of King Emperor,  or is that a penguin?

Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2010, 09:48:40 pm »
Purely down to the number of postings, mate. The ranks are something to do with Star Trek, apparently.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2010, 11:55:31 pm »
Thanks Dave,
Thought so...after checking the members list..
Star Trek eh?  In that case I am supremely confident of reaching the status of Master of the Universe.
MAybe I could even become a member of the Q Continuum,...(only another Trekkie would understand)

But...I am going to attempt for the FIFTH time to upload a photo.....previous 4 failed miserably

Fester...

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2010, 08:09:45 am »
If so..I was wondering how you get 'promoted' in the heirarchy.

It's all a bit of fun, actually.  In some (many) forums you can acquire 'Karma' points, or stars based on how others perceive the quality of your posting but in this one it's based purely on the number of postings a member makes.   As I'm a sci fi enthusiast, I decided it might be fun to have Star Trek ranks, which I realised almost immediately was a mistake when Dave became Lt Comander before I did  >:( >:( >:( 

Anyhoo, this can all be changed at some future point, but the reassuring news is that you only need make 100 posts to acquire your first 'promotion' which, given your prodigious posting record in the old place ,Fester, you'll soon have accomplished  :D
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2010, 08:10:50 am »
But...I am going to attempt for the FIFTH time to upload a photo.....previous 4 failed miserably

Did the attempts fail because the photo was too large?
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2010, 08:28:47 pm »
Hi Ian...
I rather think my attempts failed because the image I selected ( Q from Star Trek ) ...had a nasty virus attached.
It wiped my PC completely and it has been in Kindways since Friday being repaired.
Thats why I've been ''off air'' for a few days...
 :rage:

Maybe one shouldn't mess about with the Q continuum??    Even the Mason's didn't destroy my PC ....only the US Server!   :laugh: :laugh:
Fester...

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2010, 08:48:44 pm »
As I'm a sci fi enthusiast, I decided it might be fun to have Star Trek ranks, which I realised almost immediately was a mistake when Dave became Lt Comander before I did  >:( >:( >:( 
...and now I'm a Captain!  <:<:<:<

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2010, 08:51:19 pm »
Make it so...

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2010, 08:52:38 pm »
..and now I'm a Captain!

But not as we know it....

Z@@

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2010, 08:55:40 pm »
All these Star Trek references are going way over my head...  :P The last episode of Star Trek I watched had William Shatner in it and it was about 1973.  ?{}?

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2010, 09:08:09 pm »
Star Trek was quite the franchise, in its day.  The other - very serious - contender was Babylon 5.  Both excellent, but ST has a more well developed mythology, I think.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2010, 11:00:18 pm »
William Shatner was the original and best Enterprise Captain in my opinion.....but Jean Luc Picard was more thoughtful, intelligent and impressive.

I have the dubious distinction of owning all the DVDs of the Original Series, plus the Next Generation ....still compulsive viewing for me!
Fester...