Author Topic: Suggestions, problems and queries.  (Read 164930 times)

hollins

• Ad Free Member
Re: Suggestions, problems and queries.
« Reply #1245 on: October 05, 2018, 05:56:39 PM »
I have been trying to post some photos in Room with a View but I keep getting this message,
"Your attachment has failed security checks and cannot be uploaded. Please consult the forum administrator."
Any ideas Ian?

Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #1246 on: October 05, 2018, 05:58:29 PM »
Interesting.  What's the format of the image? Jpeg, RAW? I've changed the max file size, so it might be worth trying it again.
“Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.”   ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

hollins

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1247 on: October 05, 2018, 06:51:52 PM »
I have tried again but got the same message.
They are 3 photos jpg 7MB, 5.7MB and 5MB.

hollins

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1248 on: October 05, 2018, 07:20:12 PM »
Tried a third time with different photos and gone through this time! Hooray!

Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #1249 on: October 06, 2018, 08:12:48 AM »
It was the size.  They're pretty large image files.
“Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.”   ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

squigglev2

« Reply #1250 on: October 06, 2018, 03:33:42 PM »
I never realised people posted such big files!  My usual web practice is to resize, setting the longest side to 800px and to post (or provide as link) as jpg or png.

I don’t know about the mobile devices but You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login would do it on most desktop/laptop platforms for those who don’t have or can’t run say a Photoshop.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  can also be useful although I’d need to brush up on it a lot and haven’t used it in ages (and my main usage was some behind the scenes processing on a web server). For a folder of jpgs in landscape, this would convert the whole folder to 800x”height” (it preserves aspect ratio so most of mine would come out 800x530): 

mogrify -resize 800X600 *.jpg.

It can be very effective but (if not as in my example, using copies in a new folder to start with) I’d strongly advise copying some pictures to a folder and testing there, before say deciding you have your answer to producing say your files as thumbnails or say reduced to post in an email, changed to a different format, etc. Otherwise, mistakes are likely to result in original images you want to keep getting overwritten...