Author Topic: Suggestions, problems and queries.  (Read 354413 times)

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
Re: Suggestions, problems and queries.
« Reply #1290 on: December 21, 2019, 02:54:58 pm »
Am I the only one that seems to be having problems with Windows 10?

Recently they have done a big update and I had no choice other than to accept it, which I did.     Now I can't download photos on to the computer as the new system won't let me do it
It's also telling me to reselect my file history drive and that my G mail is out of date             >:(

The only thing that has changed in the last 3 weeks is that Windows 10 has updated again          *punch*

After the holiday period it'll be a phone call to the IT engineer to get him to undo what Windows 10 has created

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #1291 on: December 21, 2019, 03:08:13 pm »
My computer or camera started causing problems awhile ago, I blamed the camara's wi fi system, but found that an old card reader I had works perfectly, also I did not connect One Drive ?  and it tells me to reselect  my file history drive ?  other than that I am OK.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #1292 on: December 21, 2019, 03:38:57 pm »
I'm pleased to know that your system is ok now Steve but when you are talking about all those drives I'm afraid that they mean little to me.
I'm going to have to call in the IT engineer anyway  and hope that Santa brings me enough money this Christmas so that I can pay the guy         :(

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #1293 on: December 21, 2019, 05:55:57 pm »
Might be cheaper in the long run to invest in an Apple Mac, Hugo. At least you'll have your own personal technician on hand  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #1294 on: January 03, 2020, 10:27:41 am »
I'm pleased to know that your system is ok now Steve but when you are talking about all those drives I'm afraid that they mean little to me.
I'm going to have to call in the IT engineer anyway  and hope that Santa brings me enough money this Christmas so that I can pay the guy         :(

My brother in law came to us on Christmas Day and I told him about the problems with my camera and he started talking about drives etc so we had a go on my laptop.     I have two cameras one has an 8 GB card and the other a 16 GB card and for some reason the computer won't accept the bigger card but will accept the smaller one and it works, so for now I'll use the smaller card on both cameras
It's not the answer but it'll have to work for now and get the IT guy in another time

Offline Hugo

« Reply #1295 on: June 29, 2020, 01:21:05 pm »
The IT guy called today but the bad news is that the hard drive has gone and needs to be replaced.     He will order an updated version of the hard drive then set up a programme on it and then call again possibly next week.   In the meantime I wiĺl have to use the tablet

The only good thing is that I have saved everything on a separate hard drive so this time I have not lost any photos

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #1296 on: June 29, 2020, 01:39:16 pm »
Good. Maybe time to start thinking of an iMac?
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Offline Hugo

« Reply #1297 on: June 29, 2020, 04:01:43 pm »
Hang on Ian,  I am just getting used to the laptop.          :(

This tablet is trying my patience and at times I feel more like slapping it rather than tapping it 

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #1298 on: June 29, 2020, 06:24:39 pm »
The iMac is more expensive, I grant you, but there's a reason why they've become the world's best seller, and used by professionals in the image industry.   And I can always help out :-)

Offline Hugo

« Reply #1299 on: June 30, 2020, 04:04:22 pm »
I think that I'm too stuck in my ways to change Ian and beyond any help so it has to be the laptop.  The hard drive that is going to be installed is better than the one I had and will make the laptop faster and hopefully will last longer than my last one.
The sooner I am back on line the better

Offline Blongb

• I love living in Llandudno.
« Reply #1300 on: July 01, 2020, 01:02:28 am »
The hard drive that is going to be installed is better than the one I had and will make the laptop faster and hopefully will last longer than my last one.
The sooner I am back on line the better

Solid State beats mechanical every time Hugo. Looking forward to you being on line full time again. $good$
Quot homines tot sententiae: suus cuique mos.
(There are as many opinions as there are people: each has his own view.)

Offline Hugo

« Reply #1301 on: July 01, 2020, 09:20:31 pm »
Thanks Blongb,  I am hoping that it will be early next week but I am not holding my breath..       

Offline SteveH

« Reply #1302 on: December 13, 2020, 11:02:39 am »
Adobe Flash player coming to an end, any advice would be welcome...Ta

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #1303 on: December 13, 2020, 12:01:50 pm »
html5 will do everything Flash does, but far more securely. Most browsers ban Flash by default, now, as it's so badly written. Java and Javascript is also excellent.

Offline SteveH

« Reply #1304 on: December 13, 2020, 12:09:03 pm »
Many thanks Ian. $good$