Author Topic: Suggestions, problems and queries.  (Read 354228 times)

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
Re: Suggestions, problems and queries.
« Reply #1200 on: February 09, 2017, 11:32:47 am »
Mine seems to be working ok Steve.

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #1201 on: February 09, 2017, 11:46:56 am »
It's possibly corruption of whatever file stores the information for 3T forum pages on your machine, Steve. Everything's fine as far as I can tell, but I know nothing about MS machines. On a Mac I'd remove the prefs file and quiet then restart the browser.  Does it happen with every browser?
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #1202 on: February 09, 2017, 12:09:26 pm »
Thank you both,   I will try your suggestions Ian, .... its no great problem, just a little inconvenient.     $thanx$

Offline Hugo

« Reply #1203 on: June 30, 2017, 05:42:46 pm »
Does anyone have a direct e-mail address or telephone number for Amazon UK Customer Services Dept?

I have ordered the same item 3 times in the last two weeks and each time I have been sent the wrong item.   I've completed a customer feedback which wasn't very complementary but I would prefer contacting Amazon direct.

I've looked at ways of making direct contact with the company but have ended up going around in ever decreasing circles.              :rage:

If anyone has an answer I'd appreciate it

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #1204 on: June 30, 2017, 07:29:52 pm »
It can be tricky to find but it's here.

Generally, your account / help will get you there, but the option to contact them doesn't appear until you've exhausted their other options.  Eventually, when you choose 'Something else" on the order screen option list a screen appears offering three options.  The best one is to choose to get them to 'phone you.  It's almost instant and they're really good at what they do.

I've just checked and the way to get to that screen is through the Your account / Help route, and choose 'Need more help' at the bottom and it produces a screen showing your orders and asking which order it is. It's after that they show you the three options.

If you ordered from a Market Place seller, however, you have to use the messaging option in your account (Contact market place sellers')
« Last Edit: July 01, 2017, 08:08:07 am by Ian »
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #1205 on: June 30, 2017, 08:29:49 pm »
That's almost as difficult as trying to contact a human being at SKY.
But the one that takes the prize for most impossible company to deal with must go to...
Ticketmaster. 
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline spotty dog

« Reply #1206 on: June 30, 2017, 08:35:30 pm »
Put your complaint on Twitter and Facebook Amazon monitor social media they will get back to you PDQ

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #1207 on: June 30, 2017, 08:55:16 pm »
Fester, I find using Sky Chat very useful, if you can manage to find it.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #1208 on: June 30, 2017, 10:03:04 pm »
Fester, I find using Sky Chat very useful, if you can manage to find it.

Bri, Skychat is only useful for technical problems, they tell you online how to correct faults etc.
But... anything to do with billing and accounts, they pretend to help... but then instruct you to phone the accounts team to implement what you've just taken ages to agree with Skychat.

The accounts team have no knowledge of what was agreed, and the whole stressful merry go round begins again. 
Fester...

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #1209 on: July 01, 2017, 01:54:26 am »
Have you ever dealt with the BT Call Centre out in India?

:-}}}

Offline Hugo

« Reply #1210 on: July 01, 2017, 08:28:28 am »
Thanks Ian,  I'll try that this afternoon and see what happens.     It's so easy ordering things from them but when it comes to contacting them about the order then it's a different thing altogether.

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #1211 on: July 01, 2017, 08:36:47 am »
I agree. What I resorted to some time ago was bookmarking the relevant 'contact us' pages so I'd have a head start. But you're spot on in that they do make you jump through several hoops before you can reach the page and the page that shows you the critical three options can't be bookmarked.

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #1212 on: July 01, 2017, 08:54:54 am »
Have you ever dealt with the BT Call Centre out in India?

:-}}}

Yes. My OH had quite a long and odd conversation with them. In the end I was amazed that the race relations people weren't called. Result :- We now no longer use BT directly. The one we use has it's call centre in Sheffield and the people there speak English. :o
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #1213 on: July 01, 2017, 01:21:05 pm »
... and don't get me started about TalkTalk,   They're just downright evil.
Fester...

Offline Hugo

« Reply #1214 on: July 01, 2017, 03:24:28 pm »
... and don't get me started about TalkTalk,   They're just downright evil.

I had Talk Talk and had no end of problems with them.    I couldn't understand them on the phone and wrote to them telling them to put everything in writing but they still persisted in phoning.
In the end I told them that I wanted the contract terminated and without penalties because of the hassle they had caused to me.    A bit to my surprise they agreed to terminate my contract without any penalties and confirmed this in two letters I received.

My contract was then terminated but the statement showed that they had deducted a certain amount of money as a penalty!       :rage:

I then wrote back and advised them that if that money wasn't returned to my bank account by a certain date then I would on that date put the matter in the County Court.     The money was returned to me with some small compensation within 10 days of my letter       $good$