Author Topic: Suggestions, problems and queries.  (Read 354563 times)

Online Hugo

• Management board member
Re: Suggestions, problems and queries.
« Reply #1185 on: October 12, 2016, 09:37:16 pm »
We've  all talked to this bloke...At Last....A Picture of  Him.

Offline snowcap

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1186 on: October 12, 2016, 09:54:43 pm »
I wander if he is the bloke who plays poker on the net who keeps us waiting because he keeps getting disconected, he needs to peddle faster

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #1187 on: October 13, 2016, 08:06:36 am »
Haven't yet downloaded the iOS 10 update - nor yet moved to Sierra on the main systems. But I don't believe there are many issues with Sierra, and Apple released a quick patch for the iOS 10 issue, which seems to have resolved it.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1188 on: October 14, 2016, 08:47:02 am »
Haven't yet downloaded the iOS 10 update - nor yet moved to Sierra on the main systems. But I don't believe there are many issues with Sierra, and Apple released a quick patch for the iOS 10 issue, which seems to have resolved it.

I would hold out as long as you can. Found another couple of faults. Yesterday for no reason at all when the phone was locked it was constantly ringing the last number I had called. Also it's forgotten all the words I normally use in texts so is changing them to other words when previously it has been trained not to.

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #1189 on: October 14, 2016, 08:58:27 am »
I don't use auto correct, anyway, but the iPhone ringing sounds ominous. I'll leave it a little while, yet.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline SDQ

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1190 on: October 14, 2016, 10:58:14 am »
The only thing I noticed was the Bluetooth not connecting first time in the car, which was rectified with the update. I also turn off auto correct so haven't encountered that problem.
Valar Morghulis

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1191 on: October 14, 2016, 12:32:04 pm »
My software is up to date and I still have problems with the bluetooth. Pressing the play button on my bluetooth headphones inexplicably tells the phone to play the music through the i phone speakers. It takes a good few minutes of connecting and reconnecting to sort itself out.

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1192 on: October 27, 2016, 01:39:06 pm »
Why can't I, when I click on someone's name, see all their posts anymore?
I was looking for a recycling post from Dave as I saw something today but when I clicked on his name I got some kind of access denied message. I found it anyway on the search but I used to be able to see every post from that person.

Online Hugo

« Reply #1193 on: January 09, 2017, 09:43:12 am »
I have a Dell laptop and it's operating ok but this last week something has happened to it and I don't know why.

When I want to close the lap top down I click on power, then click on shut down and the system closes down but I still have a white light showing on the front of the lap top.     After a short while I put the top down but the white light stays on.

It's not stopping my machine from working but has anyone any ideas on this.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #1194 on: January 09, 2017, 12:43:11 pm »
I have a Dell laptop and it's operating ok but this last week something has happened to it and I don't know why.

When I want to close the lap top down I click on power, then click on shut down and the system closes down but I still have a white light showing on the front of the lap top.     After a short while I put the top down but the white light stays on.

My windows laptop, which is incredibly ancient, has the same light which stays on at the front.  It's because the battery is continually low, and if it's plugged into the wall socket it's continually charging up.
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline SDQ

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1195 on: January 09, 2017, 12:46:48 pm »

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19456147
Valar Morghulis

Online Hugo

« Reply #1196 on: January 09, 2017, 03:56:36 pm »
Thank you very much SDQ it's really appreciated.      $good$

Online Hugo

« Reply #1197 on: January 09, 2017, 04:28:34 pm »
Thanks also Fester.  My laptop is continually plugged in and should be fully charged and this continuous white power light has only just started to stay on after I've closed the computer down.
Thankfully it hasn't affected the operation of the computer.

Online Hugo

« Reply #1198 on: January 10, 2017, 10:44:24 am »
I think that I've sorted the problem out on my laptop with the white power light staying on all the time.     All I did was to take the power lead from the laptop then after several seconds waiting I reconnected the power cable to the laptop and left the cable in.
Now every time I shut down the laptop the white light now goes off.      $good$

Fingers crossed that it'll keep doing that.

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #1199 on: February 09, 2017, 11:29:01 am »
The format of my forum pages have changed, I have left it 48 hours, in case it was just a glitch, but still missing .....
The welcome,  recent posts etc and the search box, is it just me ?