Author Topic: Have Your Say: What would you do?  (Read 44912 times)

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
Re: Have Your Say: What would you do?
« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2013, 10:47:44 am »
I saw this photo over on Facebook, what do people think about this issue?

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2013, 03:33:04 pm »
I saw this photo over on Facebook, what do people think about this issue?

Having just paid a brief visit to Yorkshire I was quite off put by the amount of 'covered faces'. Even the babies in their prams had some sort of covering over their faces. Quite intimidating at times.
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #32 on: March 19, 2013, 05:08:23 pm »
They are completely anti-social, and denigrating to the poor women who have to wear them.

There are many other implication to there use.  For example I could wear such an outfit and parade around the town everywhere that women go and no-one would realise I was, in fact, a man.  They are also an ideal garment for shoplifting and preventing identification for any purpose.

The burka may be fine in the East but not in a cosmopolitain society such as ours!

8)
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #33 on: March 19, 2013, 05:40:53 pm »
Ban them, why on earth do we have to allow them to do what they like, yet if we go to their countries they do not do the same for us!
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline romanjohn

« Reply #34 on: March 28, 2013, 08:34:41 pm »
I have given this some serious thought. Backlog at the border agency dont let anyone                   in  romanjohn  simple

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #35 on: March 28, 2013, 10:14:01 pm »
Oh,  I could have sworn you said 'serious' thought.
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Ian

• Administrator
Re: Have Your Say: Illegal Immigration
« Reply #36 on: July 31, 2015, 09:50:48 am »
The other day a friend and I were discussing the Calais situation. We'd both seen the scenes at Calais and heard about not only the disruption but also the intimidatory tactics being used by the migrants to stop lorries and get on board.

My friend was faintly incredulous that they were able to do this (although I did point out France has a long history of not dealing with immigration, or strikes, or protests) but he pointed out the very real danger they posed and when I asked him what the Police should do he said 'Shoot them".

Interesting perspective but does he have a point?
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #37 on: July 31, 2015, 09:57:26 am »
It's a situation that could easily escalate into a major crisis. There are 3,000 migrants at Calais now - that could easily turn into 30,000 or 300,000 if word gets back to their countries that it is possible to illegally enter the UK and stay there.

Personally, I think that there needs to be a firm rule that anyone attempting to illegally enter the UK will lose any right to make an asylum application and will automatically be returned from whence they came.

At the end of the day, these people are heading for the UK purely because they see it as an easy life for themselves. A migrant from, for example, the Sudan crosses many other countries before reaching the UK - why did they not claim asylum in any of those other countries?

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #38 on: July 31, 2015, 10:29:20 am »
The other day a friend and I were discussing the Calais situation. We'd both seen the scenes at Calais and heard about not only the disruption but also the intimidatory tactics being used by the migrants to stop lorries and get on board.

My friend was faintly incredulous that they were able to do this (although I did point out France has a long history of not dealing with immigration, or strikes, or protests) but he pointed out the very real danger they posed and when I asked him what the Police should do he said 'Shoot them".

Yes if he's a maniac.
Why on earth would you ever condone shooting innocent human beings?
Seems the press have demonised 'immigrants' so much that some otherwise rational (I assume) members of the British public can not even think of them as human anymore.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #39 on: July 31, 2015, 02:54:59 pm »

Yes if he's a maniac.
Why on earth would you ever condone shooting innocent human beings?
Seems the press have demonised 'immigrants' so much that some otherwise rational (I assume) members of the British public can not even think of them as human anymore.

A flippant remark and an equally silly response trivialises what is a growing problem in the UK.     The UK,  Ireland and Denmark are excluded by the EU from having to take in any of these illegal migrants from Africa and Asia so unless the UK opts in and agrees to take a quota of these illegals then they will remain illegal and should be stopped from coming over here and just returned to the country they last came to the UK from

Just read or listen to the reasons why they want to come here and it's the same old story " they will give me a house, money for food (benefits)  and they have a free health service"
It's unsustainable and something must be done to stop it.

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #40 on: July 31, 2015, 03:05:52 pm »
Could be something for these game hunters to have a go at and leave the animals alone!  WWW  They do seem to need something to deter them from the UK, we do not want them, they are of no use to us and now they are causing a massive disruption!

Offline Hugo

« Reply #41 on: July 31, 2015, 03:34:46 pm »
You're being a very naughty boy ME    $smack$      BTR  may think you are being serious and take umbrage

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #42 on: July 31, 2015, 04:41:01 pm »
I watched odd bits of one of these benifits programmes the other day, very depressing viewing, not something I normally watch, it was some seaside town, Great Yarmouth possibly, a lot of the unemployed blamed immigrants for taking their jobs for less money. It occurred to me that if these programmes were shown to those in France so desperate to get here, they might decide to go the other way and back home?

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #43 on: July 31, 2015, 04:41:39 pm »
Ian was the one that asked if his friend had 'a point'

You may think the remarks are flippant but there is a fare legion of racist nutters who would like to see such a thing happen.

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #44 on: July 31, 2015, 04:57:49 pm »
Calais migrant crisis: PM pledges extra dogs and fencing

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/politics