Author Topic: DaveR's Interesting Properties Thread  (Read 120984 times)

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
Re: DaveR's Interesting Properties Thread
« Reply #90 on: September 13, 2011, 08:15:50 am »
In need of total renovation, throughout the whole site.... what would you do with that site in Towyn, Dave?
Sell tat to tourists, of course!  :laugh:

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #91 on: September 21, 2011, 10:23:57 am »
Kinmel Hall, near Abergele, is going up for auction next month - guide price £1.5m. It had been up for sale at £3.5m until recently. A fantastic building, often referred to as the 'Welsh Versailles'.

http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/2011/09/21/2m-knocked-off-auction-guide-price-for-kinmel-hall-55578-29458224/

Couple more photos here:
http://www.28dayslater.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=63878

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #92 on: September 21, 2011, 07:10:54 pm »
A fantastic and incredible building.... is it unoccupied?

I heard it said a while ago that footballer Michael Owen was either buying it or already owned it.

Obviously its not true.
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #93 on: September 21, 2011, 07:16:41 pm »
Michael Owen lives at Hawarden, I think, although I have heard his name mentioned. It's been unoccupied for many years and the owners have been a succession of hopeful investors hoping to make a killing on it. The obvious use would be for a country house hotel with golf course but the drawback is that it doesn't have much land with it.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #94 on: September 21, 2011, 07:19:44 pm »
Not much land??  But Golf required? ... well that might be of interest to a certain pitch and putt meister of our acquaintance... with a very familiar name!
Maybe the rumours were right after all!   ;) ;)

Fester...

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #95 on: September 21, 2011, 07:25:27 pm »
 :laugh: Well, Mike already controls municipal golf in the Llandudno area, so it's a relatively small jump upwards for him...  $good$

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #96 on: September 21, 2011, 11:38:33 pm »
Huh ----- Huh  ---- well. as a matter of fact, I do know this building ---- well.   And I knew Eddie mentioned in the prospective.   And ---- Ive worked there.    (Actually doing a bit of semi legal work on the roof about 30 years ago)     No, I changed that.  ILLEGAL

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #97 on: September 22, 2011, 08:39:48 am »
I hope you were putting the roof on and not taking it off, Mike!

The 'Eddie' would have been Eddie Vance? The guy that had a vision from God one night that told him to buy Kinmel Hall and make it into a Christian conference centre?

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #98 on: September 30, 2011, 11:49:52 am »
Driving through Pen the other day I noticed the old railway station is up for auction on the 2nd October.

http://www.lshauctions.co.uk/PDF/8-25114.pdf

I lived there in the early 90s for 2 years.  it was an excellent flat with loads of rooms.  Original features throughout including old fireplaces, lath and horse hair walls and even an old pantry.  I loved it there.....the parties were amazing with no neighbours to upset.  Funny enough the trains never used to bother us either not even the 2am mail train that made the whole building shake.
Only hindsight has 20/20 vision
Angiegram - A romantic notion derived from the more mundane truth.

Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #99 on: September 30, 2011, 08:18:25 pm »
Driving through Pen the other day I noticed the old railway station is up for auction on the 2nd October.

http://www.lshauctions.co.uk/PDF/8-25114.pdf

I lived there in the early 90s for 2 years.  it was an excellent flat with loads of rooms.  Original features throughout including old fireplaces, lath and horse hair walls and even an old pantry.  I loved it there.....the parties were amazing with no neighbours to upset.  Funny enough the trains never used to bother us either not even the 2am mail train that made the whole building shake.
A friend of mine also lived there in the mid 90s, he worked at the First Chance Pine shop that was on the ground floor.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #100 on: October 09, 2011, 09:34:07 pm »
How about an 8 bedroom Victorian townhouse in Rhyl for £60,000?

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-20240853.html

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #101 on: October 09, 2011, 10:45:30 pm »
This fabulous old corner building in Rhyl at 56 Water Street is currently up for sale...at just £99,500.

For Sale by davidrobertsphotography, on Flickr

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #102 on: October 10, 2011, 08:40:01 am »
Maybe it would make a great registered office for a certain property / investment company Dave?     ;) ;)

It is certainly going to be needed 'any day now!'   Z**
Fester...

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #103 on: October 10, 2011, 09:45:21 am »
Maybe it would make a great registered office for a certain property / investment company Dave?     ;) ;)

It is certainly going to be needed 'any day now!'   Z**
It would be perfect, as long as we can pick it up and move it to Llandudno!  :laugh:

Offline hollins

• Management board member
« Reply #104 on: October 13, 2011, 09:49:21 am »
Kinmel Hall, near Abergele, is going up for auction next month - guide price £1.5m. It had been up for sale at £3.5m until recently. A fantastic building, often referred to as the 'Welsh Versailles'.

I like your interesting properties thread DaveR. I was fascinated to see the Kinmel Hall one so I looked up the auction results from last night's auction. I says "deferred" by it so I presume there was no interest?
Here is a link to the auction results page. There are some very unusual sounding propeties on there.

http://www.lshauctions.co.uk/resultslist.asp