Author Topic: DaveR's Interesting Properties Thread  (Read 38653 times)

Hugo

• Ad Free Member
Re: DaveR's Interesting Properties Thread
« Reply #225 on: August 30, 2018, 10:30:40 PM »
After Menai Bridge we went under the suspension bridge and went near Ynys Gored Goch, the island between the two bridges.   On the island are two cottages and the currents are treacherous there, the present owner obviously likes the location and has done a lot of work on the properties as you could see on a TV programme last year

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

SteveH

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #226 on: August 31, 2018, 10:01:37 AM »
Thanks Hugo,  for posting your recent trip details, very interesting...............    :)

Hugo

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #227 on: August 31, 2018, 01:08:12 PM »
Thanks Steve, there's at least one up for sale if you're interested        ;D

SteveH

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #228 on: August 31, 2018, 03:50:18 PM »
That's some house, ................It's similar to what we have,......you know,roof, walls a bit of a garden.   :'(

Hugo

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #229 on: August 31, 2018, 04:25:23 PM »
They all look nice and I'd be quite happy with any of those properties, all I need now are my lottery numbers to come up tonight.
I've added a link to Ynys Y Big and you'll see in the first part of the clip dozens of birds flying from the island.  I've never ever seen so many Herons and White Egrets in one spot like we did on Wednesday.
The private island is accessible from the house at low water but years ago they had a wooden bridge going across to it but that has gone and I would expect that a lot of money will need to be spent on it to rebuild it.
I've also added an old clip of the lady owner and if you flick the photos you can see the bridge in its former glory

SteveH

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #230 on: August 31, 2018, 04:50:29 PM »
I remember the bridge from past visits, I suppose they keep the larder well stocked these days.

Thanks again, copied photo for you, Hugo.

Hugo

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #231 on: September 01, 2018, 09:46:47 AM »
Thanks for posting that photo Steve.     It must have been so impressive in its heyday but now all remains of the bridge are just a few upright bits of timber
I remember seeing it years ago too so it's a shame that it has been so neglected