Author Topic: DaveR's Interesting Properties Thread  (Read 118326 times)

Offline spotty dog

• Management board member
Re: DaveR's Interesting Properties Thread
« Reply #210 on: June 25, 2017, 01:09:04 pm »
I think that is n old sign, that's the piece that was in contention ' and was resolved by help with access road down.The old Conwy Vale site is the next one if Waldron gets what he's asking the owner will develop ore it's up for sale cir £1,000000

Offline Hugo

« Reply #211 on: September 14, 2017, 10:03:12 pm »
This property was on the Welsh news last night.  It is believed to be the oldest house in Menai Bridge and has now come up for sale.
It is expected to sell for between £10,000K  and £15,000K   the TV showed the inside of the building and it is small, very small indeed

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #212 on: September 14, 2017, 10:52:03 pm »
All the recent publicity should help boost its selling price at next month's auction.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-68806802.html

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #213 on: September 15, 2017, 12:11:40 am »
Surely that is smaller than Conwy's smallest Welsh house?

If you were considering buying it, it's so tiny, you'd have to go outside to change your mind!
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #214 on: September 15, 2017, 08:49:12 am »
I looked at the floorplan of that, made me laugh out loud, 1 room, 1 door and 1 window!
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #215 on: September 15, 2017, 09:06:14 am »
Looks a little precarious in places !
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #216 on: September 15, 2017, 09:44:29 am »
One would need a blue badge to park outside. ^*^0

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #217 on: October 06, 2017, 08:43:47 pm »
This property was on the Welsh news last night.  It is believed to be the oldest house in Menai Bridge and has now come up for sale.
It is expected to sell for between £10,000K  and £15,000K   the TV showed the inside of the building and it is small, very small indeed

Sold for £33,000.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #218 on: November 02, 2017, 09:27:32 am »
If anyone has walked all around the beautiful Crafnant Lake then they will have noticed the derelict Chapel by the telephone box.

This week in the NWWN the property has come up for tender with the estate agent Iwan Williams of Llanrwst.   Tenders are to be submitted by November 17th 2017

It needs a bit more than TLC   

http://www.iwanmwilliams.info/photos/propertyDetail.php?reference=1857

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #219 on: November 03, 2017, 11:26:39 am »
That old Chapel was derelict when I was a kid, walking around Crafnant. Even in its current state, I suspect it will sell for something approaching £100k, given the superb location.

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #220 on: November 03, 2017, 12:00:58 pm »
Back in the 90s a friend, restored a similar property on Llyn Geirionydd,  the end result was fantastic, however you are dealing with Snowdonia park rules, and they are strict, I remember him bringing in a retired stone mason to supervise the work, who just stood there and told them which stone and where he wanted it, and as they say * you cannot see the join*

Offline Hugo

« Reply #221 on: November 03, 2017, 12:27:05 pm »
An incredible location Steve but the hillside looks bare now after they felled so many of those conifer trees

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #222 on: November 03, 2017, 12:39:36 pm »
We were lucky that the trees around both our houses, had areas of broad leaf trees, that hid the effects of the harvest, but as your photo shows, it is more noticable looking at it from the car park,  the upside was that for a few pounds you could obtain a licence to collect wood for the log burners.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #223 on: December 10, 2017, 11:12:14 am »
A few weeks ago I saw a Robson Green TV programme about Anglesey and yesterday when I went for a walk on the island I was able to see two of the properties featured on the programme.
The first was in Moelfre which was an old cottage that had had an ultra modern extension built on to it.    The location was on the edge of a small cliff with stunning sea views.
The second property was on Ynys Y Gorad Goch, the island that is in the Menai Straits and between the two bridges.   Unfortunately the Winter weather was closing in and the cottages didn't look so inviting in those conditions

Offline Hugo

« Reply #224 on: August 30, 2018, 10:19:53 pm »
We went on a boat trip yesterday from Beaumaris along the Straits to Menai Bridge and then continued under the two bridges and then returned back to Beaumaris.
On the outward journey Jason the boat skipper took us near the Anglesey shoreline and we were able to have a good look at the properties along the shoreline that you are unable to see properly from the road   There were some incredible houses and he was able to tell us who lived in them and the history of each one.
Glyn Garth Court was a controversial block of flats built in the 1960's and film stars like Roger Moore and Richard Burton lived in them at one time.    From the road they look just like a large block of council flats but from the Straits they seemed more attractive and the views from them are fantastic.
Just before you come to Menai Bridge you come to a house called Ynys Y Big and it has it's own private harbour and a small island also of the same name.  The lady who lived there apparently liked Herons and made the island attractive for them and sure enough when we went past we could see lots of Herons and White Egrets in the trees all around the island