Author Topic: DaveR's Interesting Properties Thread  (Read 118276 times)

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
Re: DaveR's Interesting Properties Thread
« Reply #195 on: June 13, 2017, 10:42:28 am »
I'm sure these monstrosities were designed by primary school children using Lego, in fact I will refer to it as Lego land ! However was this allowed ?
The focus these days is on squeezing more and more houses onto every plot of land. It's not just Developers trying to do it, the Govt is actively encouraging them.

You can see it all around this area now, no more bungalow estates like they had in the 60's and 70's but large 3 storey houses built on postage stamp size plots

Offline Hugo

« Reply #196 on: June 13, 2017, 05:38:28 pm »
I'm sure these monstrosities were designed by primary school children using Lego, in fact I will refer to it as Lego land ! However was this allowed ?

ME you can't have two Lego Lands in the area as there is already one in Deganwy where the old Lido was.      Don't forget that this is the same developer who  has put in the application for the Pier Pavilion.           &shake&

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #197 on: June 13, 2017, 10:35:57 pm »
Sounds like I don't like a single thing that this bloke does !
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #198 on: June 13, 2017, 11:35:26 pm »
Sounds like I don't like a single thing that this bloke does !

Deganwy Quay hotel and Spa was one of his, and it's fantastic.
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline bigbadhenry

« Reply #199 on: June 14, 2017, 11:10:02 am »

ME you can't have two Lego Lands in the area as there is already one in Deganwy where the old Lido was.      Don't forget that this is the same developer who  has put in the application for the Pier Pavilion.           &shake&

I always thought Lego Land looked awful , but compared to some of today's developments there not too bad.

Offline DVT

« Reply #200 on: June 14, 2017, 08:33:50 pm »
Looking at the publicity picture there are 8 residences and the car park is 8 cars wide.  I have to admit I didn't think there was enough space so stopped this afternoon to take pics.

There doesn't seem to be 8 residences in a row, although there is a gap where one could be built.  The large "garage" on the right hand side of the publicity pic is currently a portacabin.

The "car park" has a JCB parked on it sideways and would not be more than three car widths.

I wonder if the sloping roofs are for solar panels - if so, surely facing north-east is not the most efficient.

Perhaps an amount of artistic licence has been used for the publicity shot!

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #201 on: June 14, 2017, 10:29:21 pm »
We also had a look last night, for the life of me I can't see how they cost almost £700k ?  :o
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #202 on: June 15, 2017, 09:05:48 am »
So they're assuming one car per house? Interesting.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline DVT

« Reply #203 on: June 15, 2017, 08:04:55 pm »
Looking at the publicity pic a bit closer, and another quick look when I passed today, I think they will get all the buildings into the space - assuming the big gap will be the site of one of them.

There seems to be no garages apart from the separate building which appears to be a double garage.  I can make it 14 car spaces in the pic but suspect it's going to be a bit tighter in reality.  I would have thought that the people living there would likely be 2-car families so there would be no space for friends or visitors!

Just basing that on the short cul-de-sac that I live in which has 16 houses, and over 30 vehicles between us - that's before any visitors!

Anyway, I am unlikely of being in the situation of buying one of those houses.

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #204 on: June 16, 2017, 07:47:36 am »
I think you're right. Anyone who can afford the £700k price tag will almost certainly have more than one car. Then we can assume at least one tradesman per day, possibly grocery deliveries, postman, inevitable maintenance of utilities - water, power and the ubiquitous BT Openreach, meter readers, refuse lorries, recycling vehicles and that's before visitors, family, nurses, doctors...

Going to be a tight squeeze and not what you'd expect for that amount of money.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #205 on: June 16, 2017, 11:15:05 pm »
This is a view of the site taken from the bird reserve in Llandudno Junction a few months ago.    Looking at it you wonder how they could fit 8 houses into that.
I think that someone  did post something on here about some boundary dispute but I presume that has been resolved

Offline DVT

« Reply #206 on: June 17, 2017, 09:50:20 am »
If you look at one of the pics I took where there is a gap between buildings you can see that there is quite a bit of land between the buildings and the railway - looks as though there is a pond there.

Makes me wonder if the publicity drawing assumes that the houses would be nearer the railway/river - so could that have been a boundary issue, or even difficulty in laying foundations?

Anyway, be interesting to see when it's all finished!

Offline Hugo

« Reply #207 on: June 20, 2017, 11:00:56 am »
The other day I was watching a recorded TV programme called "Homes by the sea"   Episode 3  Anglesey and it was really interesting to watch.
It included houses such as Point Lynas Lighthouse and another by the Menai Suspension Bridge. 
I've seen most of them on walks I had done on Anglesey so it was nice to see inside them too.      The one in the photo was very good and interesting to see.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #208 on: June 24, 2017, 11:18:20 pm »
I had a look at the Glan Conwy site today and there were six houses in some state of completion, four semi's and two detached and noticed a lane going down towards the river north of the site and saw this poster on the ground.
I've no idea what that was about

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #209 on: June 25, 2017, 01:07:21 am »
Sounds like something I should be BUYING, given the mark up on land and property around here at the moment.
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -