Author Topic: Have Your Say: Your Favourite Restaurant  (Read 8793 times)

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
Have Your Say: Your Favourite Restaurant
« on: June 06, 2011, 01:07:48 pm »
Your opportunity to tell us about your favourite Restaurant in the North Wales area. Tell us where it is and why you like it.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
Re: Have Your Say: Your Favourite Restaurant
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2011, 01:13:25 pm »
You can have more than one choice, of course! Here's one of mine

In Llandudno, my favourite is the Seahorse on Church Walks. The food is always beautifully cooked and presented, and owner Don Hadwin always makes all the diners feel very welcome. Yes, it's not the cheapest of restaurants but it's worth every penny, in my view.

http://www.the-seahorse.co.uk/

Seahorse at Night by davidrobertsphotography, on Flickr

Offline Llechwedd

• Sixer
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2011, 12:11:29 pm »
Sad to say there isn't a decent restaurnt in Llandudno.  Niki Yip's in Deganwy is quite good.

Offline llandudnotrust

• Management board member
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2011, 02:54:58 pm »
You know I sent back 2 dishes in Niki's I am sorry to say. I still miss the Thai.

Went to Paysanne [I think its called] very good but Seahorse's is my No1

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2011, 04:39:39 pm »
For a good pub meal try the Mountain View at Mochdre.  You can have 2 Light Bites which are just smaller portions of the main meals for £8.00.  With a couple of drinks, wine for Mrs and J2O for me, we come out with change from £15!  Give it a try - you know it makes sense!    ZXZ
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline Trojan

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2011, 04:53:58 pm »
you know it makes sense!    ZXZ

Lovely jubbly.  $dins$

Offline stephenprudence

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2011, 07:43:30 pm »
I have to say me and my partner always go to Barnacles when we're in Llandudno, nice traditional British chippy! Its a no nonsense restaraunt where you order your food, and just pay the bill at the counter.

My partner reckons they have the BEST sausages she's ever tasted!

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2013, 08:21:01 pm »
I paid a visit with my Partner to La Taverna (bottom of Church Walks) on Saturday evening. It's once of those restaurants that you pass by all the time but maybe doesn't spring to mind when considering where to go for a meal. So, we decided to give it a try. Because it was a nice evening, we sat outside and this was very pleasant apart from the occasional noise of the seagulls (more of which on another thread shortly). We both had pizzas, with a side salad and a bottle of the house wine, bill came to £29. The service was good, the food was good...we were very pleased and it will certainly be higher up on our list for a return visit. I'd recommend it.  $good$
« Last Edit: April 06, 2015, 09:30:36 pm by DaveR »

Offline Gwynant

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2013, 02:05:20 pm »
                   I have to agree with you Dave, Mrs. Gwynant and I have been going to La Taverna for the last two years or so, either for special occasions, (birthdays, anniversaries etc) or simply for a night out with friends. On every visit we have always been welcomed back by the staff, eaten well and been well satisfied by  the value for money when we got the bill. As you said, it's one of those restaurants which you know is there but you normally pass by on your way to somewhere else!

Offline Hugo

« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2013, 04:51:12 pm »
I haven't got a favourite restaurant at the moment as we tend to try different ones.  Today though we went for lunch to the Maenan Abbey, a place where we have been many times before.
The meal was delicious, the staff were very good  and it was very reasonably priced.  To top it all we were lucky enough  to have the table by the open door leading on to the balcony which was a bonus.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2014, 06:33:22 pm »
I missed all the fireworks in Llandudno on Saturday evening but I wasn't put off too much because I was in La Taverna again enjoying another delicious and very reasonably priced meal.
Thanks to all the forum members who had recommended it on here       $good$

Offline pojo

« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2014, 06:38:30 pm »
La Taverna has been a firm favourite of ours for the past 3 years, the food is consistently good and best of all is the bill at the end of the meal, one of the best priced Italians in the town!