Author Topic: Recycling across the area  (Read 103054 times)

Offline Meleri

• Genealogy & Research team
Re: Recycling across the area
« Reply #315 on: March 31, 2020, 11:39:33 am »
The Saga of the undelivered brown bin continues. The Bryson lorry has just creaked & clanked into my cul-de-sac yet again & three men got out, one lit a cigarette, one played on his hand held device & a young man got one bin off, but alas no bin for me. In the words of Scarlett O'Hara " Tomorrow is another Day". I must get out more, but still waiting for the delivery of our Virustatic Shield masks ordered a week ago. I thought they would have got here sooner as they are only coming from Menai Bridge  :'(

Offline Meleri

« Reply #316 on: April 06, 2020, 01:32:52 pm »
The Saga of the Bryson brown bin delivery continues, visit 7 to my knowledge occured today. A white van this time with 2 men in full protective gear arrived & I was full of hope this time it would be our turn, but alas it wasn't to be  :'( The garden waste is piling up, thank goodness we kept 4 green bags back, but only 1 left empty now.

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
« Reply #317 on: April 09, 2020, 10:37:53 am »
I had an e-mail from Bryson today stating that our collection dates have been changed from a Thursday to a Monday and that the first collection will be on the 13th April 2020.
That's Easter Monday so I wonder if they will come then or not.      I'm still waiting for my second brown bin and I've got 7 bags of garden waste waiting to go in it

Offline norman08

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #318 on: April 09, 2020, 11:32:11 am »
The guy next door keeps coming out every day to see if theve delivered his bin, he keeps e mailing them,this morning he gets a letter saying your bin will now be emptied on the 20 th 🤔 Would help if I had a bin, his wife said it was ordered paid for beginning January, just a thought will Bryson be working if the depot in mochdre is closed, I think they are taking the Mick  $donald$

Offline Meleri

« Reply #319 on: April 09, 2020, 11:34:07 am »
We received the e-mail too Hugo & one of our collections in December is on Christmas Eve, that's if there is anything to put in it. Hopefully the Saga on the brown bin is over. Yesterday yet another Bryson truck arrived with two men suitable dressed in protective gear. On seeing them put a bin at the bottom of our neighbours part of the drive Mr M shot out of the door. Apparently they said it was for next door, Mr M told them she had had her's already & he was claiming it. One of them told him it could be a second bin for our neighbour, but he could suite himself & they drove off. Mr M did ask next door & she hasn't ordered a second bin, so it's ours at long last  {}{}  $bounce$

Offline Hugo

« Reply #320 on: April 09, 2020, 12:01:55 pm »
Good luck with your bin Meleri and I hope you can get all those bags emptied into it.     I filled my bin and it's heavy, very heavy so I wouldn't be surprised to hear from Bryson about the weight.      It's also sweating a lot and I bet in time it'll also be very smelly.
Since my last post, I've also got another green bag full, that's 8 in total and no sign of the second bin

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #321 on: April 09, 2020, 12:13:50 pm »
A friend told me he received a text this morning at 8.30am telling him they were going to empty the bins early this morning, he panicked a bit, ran and got his bin out, told everyone in the street, they were coming, he returned home, to find a second text advising him that it would not start until later in the month.     :(          :-[

Offline Quiggs

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #322 on: April 09, 2020, 02:26:05 pm »
Isn’t privatisation wonderful, when will they ever learn,    &shake&
Dictum Meum Pactum

Offline cygnusx-1

« Reply #323 on: April 09, 2020, 04:29:57 pm »
The brown bin was ordered on Sunday and has just been dropped off....... and then filled.....what a fantastic service!

Offline Hugo

« Reply #324 on: April 09, 2020, 05:07:20 pm »
They must have given you mine by mistake.......  can I have it back please          :o

Offline Hugo

« Reply #325 on: April 13, 2020, 02:18:44 pm »
Well it's 2.13 pm and no sign of the Bryson's boys.     All the bins are out in the street as per Bryson collection calendar but where's Bryson?

Will the garden waste be collected before my second bin is delivered?    watch this  $angry2$

Offline cygnusx-1

« Reply #326 on: April 13, 2020, 02:45:53 pm »
Yes, I am still waiting for the fantastic service to continue also.......I got up at 06:45 today to put the brown bin so that it was in position by 07:00 as requested....still time?!!

Offline norman08

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #327 on: April 13, 2020, 05:54:09 pm »
Hugo they can't get back from Ireland, I'm glad I didn't get a bin now I've filled everyone else's in the road 😂😂

Offline Hugo

« Reply #328 on: April 13, 2020, 06:49:56 pm »
My bin has still not been collected and will stay there until it is and if the contents settle down then more waste will go in it. are they really rubbish?
Apparently there are people on the estate who have never heard of Bryson let alone the brown bins so I don't know what's going to happen to them in the future

Offline norman08

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #329 on: April 13, 2020, 07:04:18 pm »
Hugo I was talking to the lads on the last pick up they were not being kept on and Bryson reckon they can do it with less men & wagons, one lad said he was in the army in Belfast ( where brysons are from ) and had never seen any wagons or even heard of them.