Author Topic: Recycling across the area  (Read 100639 times)

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
Re: Recycling across the area
« Reply #435 on: May 13, 2020, 06:32:59 pm »
Well, the 13th was lucky for you Hugo. Never thought it would arrive!!!
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #436 on: May 13, 2020, 10:11:28 pm »
Yes I'm a happy chappie now it has arrived             clappinghappy

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #437 on: May 14, 2020, 03:46:50 pm »
I heard the recycling wagon this morning, coming from quite a distance, I thought all my neighbours had decided to clear out all their excess jars and glassware etc at the same time....................on the other hand................... +}}{--          ;)

PREPARATIONS are being made to open household recycling centres in Mochdre and Abergele.
Conwy County Borough Council said they would operate with an appointment system in place and ‘strict’ social distancing measures.

On Friday, May 8, First Minister Mark Drakeford said a series of small adjustments were being made to the lockdown regulations in Wales.

This included enabling local authorities to begin the process of planning how to safely reopen libraries and municipal recycling centres.
Cllr Greg Robbins, cabinet member for environment and transportation at the council, said: “We are working closely with Bryson Recycling, who run the sites for us, to make sure that staff and the public can be safe when we reopen.”

“So that we can make sure we protect people with social distancing measures, things will be somewhat different from normal and access to the sites will be by appointment only.
Anyone arriving without an appointment will be turned away.”

More information will be given on how to book an appointment once the opening date has been finalised.
It is hoped the date will be in late May.                 ref Pioneer

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #438 on: May 19, 2020, 11:20:47 am »
Went into my front lounge this morning and saw a huge lorry thing outside. There was an almighty crash as a chap threw a brown bin onto the pavement. He threw it over and attached a set of wheels to it. He then set off along the pavement with said bin. One minute later he returned complete with bin, heaved it onto the lorry and off they went !!!

Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline SteveH

« Reply #439 on: May 20, 2020, 10:23:55 am »
Conwy
Household recycling centres in Mochdre and Abergele will reopen on Tuesday, May 26,  operating a strict appointment system with timed slots being released every day for the next four weeks.

Conwy Council will also take bookings for bulky waste collections from this Thursday, May 21, with the service restarting from Monday, June 1.

There are 969 slots available every week in Abergele and 1,292 slots in Mochdre.

Council tax payers will also be able to book slots at recycling centres from the same date.

More   https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/everything-you-need-know-reopening-18278053

Offline cygnusx-1

« Reply #440 on: May 22, 2020, 05:41:41 pm »
First slots at Mochdre Sat 30/05/20 as I type.....so not too bad. Thought it might be like a supermarket delivery slot a few weeks ago!

Offline SteveH

« Reply #441 on: June 05, 2020, 02:39:25 pm »
I don't know how feasible this would be, but a great idea, or something similar, I also think the vendor has a responsibility to check the perimeter of their place of business.

Calls for registration numbers to be stamped on fast food packaging after litter rise
A petition has been launched amid public anger as streets see increase in rubbish since the reopening of drive-thrus across North Wales

https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/calls-registration-numbers-stamped-fast-18367622

Offline SteveH

« Reply #442 on: June 18, 2020, 11:32:51 am »
Rumour/chat on FB, Brysons refusing brown bins if to heavy, also will keep a record of the bin tag, for further episodes  ?

Offline DVT

« Reply #443 on: June 18, 2020, 12:46:46 pm »
Surely a bin full of grass cuttings would be rather heavy, but isn't that what the "garden waste" bin is for?

Binmen refused to empty our green plastics bin (part of the three green ones) the other day because it had a lot of "hard plastic" in it - I had broken up an old plastic stacking shelf unit that was cracked.  Yes, I know there are "thermoplastics" (the soft type such as plastic bottles), and "thermoset" which is the hard stuff ... but the bin is just labelled "plastic" with no other definition, and it was plastic that we put in ... we were told to put the hard stuff in a bin bag and into the normal waste bin.  They did leave the leaflet saying "not allowed" but with no indication of what or why, missus went chasing after them and got the explanation.

Offline Quiggs

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #444 on: June 18, 2020, 04:53:37 pm »
We have two brown bins for the Bowling Club and we cut the green twice a week, approx 1650 sq. meters. Both bins now full and very heavy, also getting quite hot, if they self combust they will just have to sweep up the ashes. ;D
Dictum Meum Pactum

Offline SteveH

« Reply #445 on: August 14, 2020, 05:31:18 pm »
We have all seen the effects of fly tipping, here's one for the good guys..............

Revenge is sweet: Fed-up farmer hit by fly-tippers 25 times in a year sets up CCTV to catch latest culprit who left 400 tyres on his land... then dumps them on HIS doorstep.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8627203/Landowner-uses-tipper-truck-pile-400-tyres-lawn-fly-tipper.html

Offline Hugo

« Reply #446 on: August 15, 2020, 03:28:20 pm »
The unusual clue left in back of lorry that could help police identify 'disgraceful' flytippers

https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/unusual-clue-left-back-lorry-18774381

Offline SteveH

« Reply #447 on: August 18, 2020, 10:34:47 am »
I noticed Llyn Geirionydd being misused in the 80s, now it is disgraceful...............

From human poo to broken tents - the disgusting mess Snowdonia daytrippers left behind
The area has become a 'dumping ground' according to furious locals

As well as the littering, parking was also an issue, with the road by Llyn Geirionydd blocked, leading to warnings from North Wales Police and the Welsh Ambulance Service about the potential for emergency service vehicles not to be able to get through.

https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/human-poo-broken-tents-disgusting-18781658

Offline Hugo

« Reply #448 on: August 18, 2020, 01:02:55 pm »
I saw that article earlier today and understand that people want to go to beautiful places but for the life of me I just can't understand how a minority of tourists can behave like that and spoil the area that they have wanted to go to.
As for the amount of traffic up there at the moment, I haven't seen as many vehicles on that narrow lane alongside Llyn Geirionydd.   You lived in that area in the past Steve and have you ever seen it so busy?
It must be dreadful for people who live in the Geirionydd and Crafnant areas and have to contend with that congestion on a daily basis in the Summer months
We love that area but won't be going there until it gets back to normal

Offline SteveH

« Reply #449 on: August 18, 2020, 03:59:14 pm »
Living there was a privilege, and we understood it was not just for us, however the difficulty for us was trying to accept that the visitors did not seem to appreciate what was around them, nor did they respect it, and it gradually got worse, and in the late 90s we decided to leave, after spending 14year's there, and 6 of those restoring the farmhouse, ready for our retirement, sad outcome.