Author Topic: Rhos On Sea & Colwyn Bay  (Read 109677 times)

SteveH

• News Editor
Re: Rhos On Sea & Colwyn Bay
« Reply #300 on: October 19, 2019, 09:59:46 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
It is not just my youth that has long gone...........

I thought somebody might have commiserated over the loss of Rhos pier, if not my youth...  ;)

Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #301 on: October 19, 2019, 10:25:16 AM »
 <:<:<:<

There was quite a debate about Rhos pier a few years back on here.
“Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.”   ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

SteveH

• News Editor
« Reply #302 on: November 27, 2019, 10:38:56 AM »
Another photo ..........  Rhos fishing weir.

SteveH

• News Editor
« Reply #303 on: January 25, 2020, 02:41:06 PM »
Last night I watched a rerun of the BBC programme Coming Home with the recently deceased Terry Jones, of Monty Python fame, (I believe available on BBC iplayer,) returning to Colwyn Bay in 2009, part of the programme was a piece with Graham Roberts of the Colwyn Bay Heritage Group You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  discussing his family connection to Colwyn Operatic Players 0f which my Grandfather was a member.

During the interview, they discussed  his Grandfather and mothers part in the production of The Sorcerer in 1929, and I noticed that my GF was in that show, with both Terry's Grandad W.G. Newnes and his mother Dilys Newnes, nice surprise for me.

In 2015 I posted a piece on Terry Jones....You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login    Reply #194 on: July 15, 2015,

Thank you Ian for the edit

Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #304 on: January 25, 2020, 02:54:36 PM »
Done that, Steve.
“Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.”   ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.