Author Topic: Schools in the Three Towns area  (Read 30963 times)

Waffagolf

Re: Schools in the Three Towns area
« Reply #30 on: June 25, 2011, 01:06:30 pm »
Father Whittle was Aquinas House right across the road from the schools main front entrance. Another senior moment, sorry.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #31 on: June 25, 2011, 01:16:19 pm »
Yorkie, can you please give us a clue?
is she a pupil or a teacher?

A very young pupil at the time!   We're not that old ya know!   :D
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline Trojan

« Reply #32 on: June 25, 2011, 06:42:10 pm »
You're right Tommy Trojan I went to St. George's. :P

Due to popular misconception my forum name derives from Trojan Records and not the statue in the grounds of USC.  ;)

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #33 on: June 25, 2011, 08:20:39 pm »
I thought it derived from the brand of condoms sold in Fountains?

Offline Trojan

« Reply #34 on: June 25, 2011, 08:32:50 pm »

No Dave, trying to squeeze into them used to make my eyes water.  :o

I buy them at Wall Mart now.  :D

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #35 on: June 25, 2011, 08:35:50 pm »

No Dave, trying to squeeze into them used to make my eyes water.  :o
You should maybe have taken them out of the packet first?

Offline Trojan

« Reply #36 on: June 25, 2011, 08:55:25 pm »

No Dave, trying to squeeze into them used to make my eyes water.  :o
You should maybe have taken them out of the packet first?

Durexpect everyone to believe that?

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #37 on: June 25, 2011, 09:19:12 pm »
Trojan Condom Commercial that didn't post correctly and as I can't delete it remains!
Cicero

Offline Trojan

« Reply #38 on: June 25, 2011, 09:20:48 pm »
<div style="background-color:#000000;width:520px;"><div style="padding:4px;"><embed src="http://media.mtvnservices.com/mgid:arc:video:spike.com:380873c9-a8e4-44d0-b052-dd88154c732f" width="512" height="288" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" base="." flashVars=""></embed><p style="text-align:left;background-color:#FFFFFF;padding:4px;margin-top:4px;margin-bottom:0px;font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:12px;">Trojan Condom Commercial - You're Hard
Tags: Trojan Condom Commercial - You're Hard</p></div></div>

What the hell is all that script? Looks like you have a Trojan on your computer!  L0L

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #39 on: June 25, 2011, 09:22:11 pm »
Hasn't posted correctly!  Its a good ad for Trojans!    :D
Cicero

Offline SDQ

• Ad Free Member
Valar Morghulis

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #41 on: June 26, 2011, 10:12:07 am »
That's the one!   $thanx$
Cicero

Offline Llechwedd

• Sixer
« Reply #42 on: June 27, 2011, 12:42:47 pm »
Sorry Trojan.  I worked at USC for the Royal Institution in 1992.  Had the misfortune of watching an American football game.  USC against some other hulks.  God ,boring worse than synchronised swinmming and that's saying something.  Why don't they play a man's game like rugby?!

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #43 on: June 27, 2011, 01:46:21 pm »
It's all a matter of "Downs" don'cha know?

A down begins with a snap or free kick, and ends when the ball or the player in possession of it is declared down by an official.

Down is also an adjective to describe the condition of the player with possession of the ball after he has been tackled or is otherwise unable to advance the ball further on account of the play having ended (e.g., "He is down at the 34 yard line").

It may also refer to the ball after it is made dead in one manner or another. The line of scrimmage for the next play will be determined by the position of the ball when it is downed.

Each possession begins with first down. The line to gain is marked 10 yards downfield from the start of this possession, and the situation is described as "1st and 10". If the offensive team moves the ball past the line to gain, they make a new first down. If they fail to do this after a specified number of downs (four in American play), the team is said to turn the ball over on downs, and possession of the ball reverts to the opposing team at the spot where the ball was downed at the end of the last down.

When the offensive team has not yet made a first down before reaching the final down, the team faces a last down situation, where the team is forced to decide whether to either scrimmage the ball in an attempt to pick up the first down (this is called going for it [on fourth down]), or alternatively to kick the ball (either by punting or making a field goal attempt). Though statistical analysis of games suggest playing more aggressively is the better option, kicking the ball is typically seen as the safer solution; scrimmaging may lead to a turnover on downs, potentially giving the ball over to the other team with good field position.

Downing the player with possession of the ball is one way to end a play. Usually a player is made down when he is tackled by the defense. In the NFL, if the offensive player is touching the ground with some part of his body other than his hands or feet, then he is down if any defensive player touches him. In the NCAA, an offensive player touching the ground in the same manner is down, regardless of whether a defensive player touches him.

As Yul Bryner would say, "Etcetera, etcetera, etcetera!"      L0L

This is a DOWN Marker:
Cicero

Offline Trojan

« Reply #44 on: June 27, 2011, 04:06:25 pm »
Sorry Trojan.  I worked at USC for the Royal Institution in 1992.  Had the misfortune of watching an American football game.  USC against some other hulks.  God ,boring worse than synchronised swinmming and that's saying something.  Why don't they play a man's game like rugby?!

Because they would soon be injured without all the padding and safety helmets.

You're right, it is boring. The game stops, then starts, then stops and drags on and on and on........

Thankfully, there's always 'other action' taking place on the sidelines: